Days of Future Past Which X-Men "Cast" (Team) should FOX give priority to?

Um... no, actually I don't have to worry about what the "fanboy" community wants.

Maybe the fanboy community should stop being so selfish and entitled and thinking their views of movies is the only one that matters?

Then ban yourself if you actually believe that. Otherwise, join the crowd.

A FC team of Storm, Jean, Scott, Havok and Beast would do more then fine. And since Gambit's around that era they could use him too. Hell, him and Ororo both start out robbing people and she introduced Gambit to the X-Men. Theres a perfect intro for both those characters in there.

Would it be as marketable or epic as AOA? Hell no! Thats gonna be the peak for X-Men. But I can see it easily matching their previous films and giving us a damn good film that would give the X fans some solid beginnings on characters that have been missing for the past 13 years. They need to get to the core of these characters and relationships, because it's un-explored.

Its a valid reason and I'm curious how Beast left the X-Men. But in my opinion, I don't thik its really needed. I just think the GA would want the story to move forward and not explain/reveal more things that already happened in the past.

No I don't need you to do any of those things, I dont come to the x boards much so I don't know the general consensus around these parts with these movies going forward. It just seems almost insane to me that people would want the OT cast going forward when in my eyes after one film the core of the FC films has better resonated with me more than my desire to yet again see the OT cast.

Bump because of Mkilban2's post in the other thread.

I vote for giving both equal time. I love the old and new cast, and i find myself unable to pick favorites here.

I never understood the idea that the OT are too old to carry on.

Shawn Ashmore: young and cheap
Ellen Page: young and cheap
Daniel Cudmore: young and cheap
James Marsden: young and cheap and is never shown dead
Famke Janssen: character is dead
Patrick Stewart: can semi retire
Ian McKellan: we don`t need Magneto in every movie
Taylor Kitch: cheap and young
Anna Paquin: somewhat cheap and young
Hugh Jackman: expensive and older, but still looks the part, and is in every film regardless
Halle Berry: not sure what she would command for a salary, but she looks great for her age.
Ben Foster: cheap and young
Kelsey Grammer: cheap, but older, but hidden beneath makeup.

So yeah, I just don`t get it. Every single one of these actors is still viable, in age, salaries, and willingness to return.

And the characters they portray are much more desirable than the FC characters. Though I loved McAvoy and Fassbender. The rest were quite forgettable.

Last edited:
I voted, "They should try to make films featuring both around the same time". I like both casts and I would love to see both of them again after DOFP. ;)

SPOT ON, comment Manic X.

Thats why I find really unbelieveable that Fox and Singer could waste such an awesome cast READY to return one more time.

The HAVE the whole X-Men cast/team now, WHY not use it at least one last time? in the most epic X-Men movie ever??

The age thing mostly comes into play with people like Stewart, McKellen, and to a degree Jackman because of the insane workouts that are required to get into Wolverine shape.

The age thing mostly comes into play with people like Stewart, McKellen, and to a degree Jackman because of the insane workouts that are required to get into Wolverine shape.

See, I don't get that either. Jackman was not jacked in X1, and he portrayed Wolverine just fine. To legendary status even.

i actually think jackman was the most natural he has ever been as wolverine in X1, i can't help but think jackman as felt the popularity weight of the character ever since, but thats my solo opinion not the popular one :)

Hugh Jackman: expensive and older, but still looks the part, and is in every film regardless
Halle Berry: not sure what she would command for a salary, but she looks great for her age.

So yeah, I just don`t get it. Every single one of these actors is still viable, in age, salaries, and willingness to return.

And the characters they portray are much more desirable than the FC characters. Though I loved McAvoy and Fassbender. The rest were quite forgettable.

I would think the OT cast is less an issue with money or even age, and more an issue of scheduling. They've most all got some kind of career now, and are working pretty regularly, some in some major films. Getting them together a few years down the road may be difficult.

difficult? really?

is as easy as callimg them, making them sign the deal, and thats it, they wont have any other choice than to do the movie, and the other companies will have to work on their agendas.

Fox decides the Shooting first, and the rest will have to deal.

Thats how it is, lol

Last edited:
I would think the OT cast is less an issue with money or even age, and more an issue of scheduling. They've most all got some kind of career now, and are working pretty regularly, some in some major films. Getting them together a few years down the road may be difficult.

So which one is it? The OT actors are too busy to get all the cast together or they're has-beens? :o
Coz the latter seems to be the popular reasoning with the naysayers...

I wouldn't say any of them are has-beens, but outside of Hugh Jackman, Stewart and McKellan, no one's flocking to the theaters to see the next Halle Berry movie and I love her. They don't have anything over the FC cast other than they originated the roles.

I just think the argument that "They have to use the OT cast because they are the ones people know the most" is stupid. Of course people know them the most they've been in three movies already - four after DOFP comes out next year.

The FC cast has only been in one movie thus far of course they would be known for the roles after three consecutive movies as well. That argument is completely useless and proves nothing.

Stewart is pretty much set for the rest of his career. When he's done as Xavier, he will go back to doing guest voices on all of Seth McFarlane's animated projects.

Although I don't ever recall him lending his voice on the Cleveland Show.

I wouldn't say any of them are has-beens, but outside of Hugh Jackman, Stewart and McKellan, no one's flocking to the theaters to see the next Halle Berry movie and I love her. They don't have anything over the FC cast other than they originated the roles.

People on here have said they're has-beens.

Anyways so you say three vs. three? So we'll take the three over the other three? Wait which three? Oh those three?

So three vs. three? So we'll take the three over the other three? Wait which three? Oh those three?

I'm not doing any three vs. three thing - I'm looking at both casts, at least trying to, objectively. There's nothing quantifiable that says that the OT > FC cast and vice versus.

I do think, business and strategy wise, there are clear advantages of choosing one side over another taking into account Fox's stated plans for the franchise. But at the end of the day, my and everyone else's opinions mean squat because we're neither the studio head, directors or producers.

One of my reasons for wanting a hard reboot has to do with casting. I don't want Halle Berry as Storm forever even though I appreciate what she has done for the character. But I do want to see Storm more in film. Ditto for Cyclops (although I love Marsden), Jean, a sassier ADULT Rogue, etc.

Is it so terribly wrong to want these characters to live on but embodied in other actors? That's why comments from Nell and others just baffle me because it just seems they are devoted only to this original trilogy. I feel such a view is incredibly shortsighted.

If X-Men:Days of Future Past and X-Men:Apocalypse shape out like I think they are your getting a time travel reboot which erases Trilogy+The wolverine.

That means your getting a lot of what you want.

I am not going to argue over reboots anymore.You have your oporion.Others like me and Neil have ours.We will have to agree to disagree.

That's same attitude I took with many family members when I supported Obama In 2012 Vs them listening to every antiObama story and Claim In the book.

difficult? really?

is as easy as callimg them, making them sign the deal, and thats it, they wont have any other choice than to do the movie, and the other companies will have to work on their agendas.

Fox decides the Shooting first, and the rest will have to deal.

Thats how it is, lol

Wow, that is a gross understatement. If it was just "that easy" then talks for actors to star in stuff wouldn't go on for weeks, if not months sometimes. There are numerous things to talk about besides the salaries, up to an including any and all prior and upcoming commitments that they are making before signing on to do the film. Please don't talk about this kind of thing like it's an open and shut deal, because if it was, then there wouldn't be such a need for managers and agents and legal workers that are so often used in the entertainment industry.

Good points!
See, I don't get that either. Jackman was not jacked in X1, and he portrayed Wolverine just fine. To legendary status even.

yeah, Hugh Jackman doesn't really to get in that shape with the diet he used for the Wolverine.

And yet Halle Berry's movie (The Call) this year did better than the last few recents films of Nicholas Hoult (Jack the Giant Slayer), James McAvoy (Trance) and Michael Fassbender (the Counselor).

And yet Halle Berry's movie (The Call) this year did better than the last few recents films of Nicholas Hoult (Jack the Giant Slayer), James McAvoy (Trance) and Michael Fassbender (the Counselor).

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't say that Halle Berry's career is stagnant--especially right now. She's about to head up her own television sci-fi drama series.

Usually though, when movie stars are heading into TV series it kinda means that their major film careers are over. Particularly as they get older and especially the women.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"