Reaction score
My rankings

1) Thor = 8.5
2) Captain America = 8.0
2) Iron Man = 8.0
3) TIH = 7.0
4) Iron Man 2 = 6.5

Last edited:
Good thread. I was waiting for this to come up. I saw Captain America, but unfortunately it didn't really do anything for me...It was a good movie, but just that. I'm going to see it again until I make a final verdict and rank. So, without Cap A,

1. Iron Man
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 2
4. The Incredible Hulk

Thor sometimes suffers the same problems as Iron Man 2

Lord, I totally agree with you. Although I throughly enjoyed the films, I feel that they all are cursed by the set up of the Avengers movie, I mean, would the films be made if there wasn't going to be one? If you really think about it, you might be shocked...

Lord, I totally agree with you. Although I throughly enjoyed the films, I feel that they all are cursed by the set up of the Avengers movie, I mean, would the films be made if there wasn't going to be one? If you really think about it, you might be shocked...

:doh:

Please, indulge me. How are they "cursed by the set up of the Avengers movie"?

I'm not:cwink:

Thor is the best one I've seen thus far. Still have yet to see Cap.

:doh:

Please, indulge me. How are they "cursed by the set up of the Avengers movie"?

I will say, "cursed" may have been too strong of a word. But I honestly doubt that if there were no plans for an Avengers movie, it's likely that these characters wouldn't have made it to the big screen. It's just an opinion, so just chill.
When watching Captain America, I personally felt that it was made only for the Avengers, and I know his end does deal with it, but I just couldn't help but feel like, "oh, we gotta tell a story so we can make an avengers movie." Once again, just an opinion.

Hopefully the Avengers lives up to what it's been building, then it'd be worth it. The teaser was def. awesome. Trust me, I'm really excited, I actually thought Thor did a fantastic job with incorporating it in the Avenger future, but it just didn't work for Cap A for me.

Last edited:
There's no need for a chill pill here, pal.

Of course the Avengers movie is the reason these characters are getting movies, there's literally no other reason for these characters to get movies. It just baffles me that there seem to be fans of Iron Man, Thor and Captain America that don't seem to accept that they're Avengers too. And really, this whole "set up for Avengers" thing is blown way out of proportion by most (particularly in regards to IM2).

I wish they were even more connected! I'd enjoy random cameos from other heroes. lol. but i'm a geek, so why would i complain that these films are leading towards the avengers? when has something like this ever happened? Never. This is truly like the comics coming to life. No reason to complain if you're a comic fan. Anyway, Cap is the best marvel movie to date

Can't vote yet, seeing Cap on Sunday.

I wish they were even more connected! I'd enjoy random cameos from other heroes. lol. but i'm a geek, so why would i complain that these films are leading towards the avengers? when has something like this ever happened? Never. This is truly like the comics coming to life. No reason to complain if you're a comic fan. Anyway, Cap is the best marvel movie to date

:up:

For me the some of the problems in thor that were in iron man 2 weren't the cameos, i like that, it's that marvel is making many of him movies just popcorn, iron man was able to try to be something better and Thor was able to do that some times too, but Cap and Iron Man 2 didn't have such a soul, does that make them bad movie? Hell no, they're not Green Lanterns, but that doesn't make them great movies, just good.

I felt that Green Lantern was on the same level as Iron Man 2, and this disdain for popcorn movies rears its head again.

For me it's

1.) TIE: Iron Man & Captain America
2.) Thor
3.) The Incredible Hulk
4.) Iron Man 2

IM & Cap left me with such completely different (but great) feelings, I honestly can't choose one over the other. If I were choosing the one that got me pumped up at the end thinking "damn that was cool," it would be IM, but if I were choosing the one that affected the most emotionally thinking "what a great hero," it would be Cap.

Obviously there's some misinterpretation of my opinion, and extremely sarcastic remarks when it does nothing...
I'm happy the Avengers movie is happening. Just in case you missed that, I did put it in the last paragraph, and I love seeing cameos in the movie. However...What's the difference between Iron Man and Iron Man 2? The set up. The first Iron Man had hints, but however, focused on the character. Iron Man 2 (which I personally enjoyed) focused more on the set up rather than the character. That's my point. I believe Thor did excellent, but it just didn't work for Cap A for me. They're all Avengers, but they have stand alone movies for a reason. It's smart that the studio is trying to show the public what's up, and it makes sense that Cap A would be the biggest market tool for it, but I guess I was hoping for another half hour to cap of just his character and redskull.

Iron Man 9/10
Thor 9/10
Captain America 8/10
The Incredible Hulk 8/10
Iron Man 2 7/10

Iron Man 9.5/10
Thor 8.5/10
Iron Man 2 8/10
The Incredible Hulk 7/10
Captain America 6.5/10

Cap is actually the only one that suffered from the long-claimed "Avengers set-up" problem for me. Never even noticed it in the other movies....but the end of Cap had to be wedged in because of the Avengers. The last segment in Cap should be been a 30 minute arc in the beginning of Cap 2.

Sincerelly, before the silver age captain america was its oun horse, i would have prefered if the mvoies was only set during world war II and not him being found in the present, that makes it an obvious set up for The Avengers

Sincerelly, before the silver age captain america was its oun horse, i would have prefered if the mvoies was only set during world war II and not him being found in the present, that makes it an obvious set up for The Avengers
And why is that a problem?

Did people cry when Fellowship of the Ring ended with a cliffhanger?

Did people decry Chris Nolan when a Joker card appeared?

Did people claim it was a failure for Han Solo to be frozen in carbonite?

It's so tremendously silly to complain about it. So I would expect nothing less from the internet.

I'm not complaining, it's not as if i was here crying and screaming for that, i just said how i would have prefered the film to be.

Let me make this clear SuperFerret. Just because I think something doesn't mean it's the status quo.
Anyways, the first half of Iron Man 2 started with the character. Then once Nick Fury comes in, it just was set up from there on it seemed. I loved it, and didn't mind it as much, hell I had geekgasms with Shield popping up and the universes joining. I honestly don't know how to say it, but let me say this. Iron Man was spot on with balancing the character involvement and blending in the Avengers set up

now that it's out...by FAR Captain America. It rocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"