Iron Man II
The Incredible Hulk

My updated rankings:

1.)IronMan
2.)Thor
3.)Captain America
4.)Iron Man 2
5.)The Incredible Hulk

And all of these movies I'd rank over other studios Marvel efforts with the exception of Spider-man 1 and 2.

It's a tough call, because they are all good and I'd put them all in the same ballpark. Cap is my favorite, though. The Iron Man movies are great, but I felt that both movies were carried more by the charismatic performances by the cast then the actual story. Thor was great too, but the love story felt unnecessary and forced. Captain America had everything I wanted from a comic book movie (especially a marvel movie). It had a great story, great lead and supporting cast, nods to the marvel movie universe that were very noticeable but did not detract from the overall movie (i.e. iron man 2), great villians, and most importantly a great story. But it's still a tough call as to which is my favorite, because every single marvel studios movie has been great IMO.

1.Iron Man
2.Captain America: The First Avenger
3.Thor
4.The Incredible Hulk
5.Iron Man 2

Cap just displaced IM2 as my #2 Marvel movie(and I mean ANY Marvel movie, Studios or otherwise) and is settling in just behind IM1 for me.

for me(just MS movies):

1) Iron Man
2) Captain America: The First Avenger
3) Iron Man 2
4) Thor
5) The Incredible Hulk

Way to go Johnston!

I'll need to see it again, but Captain America is my number one.

I've seen it twice now and I fully intend to see it some more today.

Why don't the Blade movies have the MARVEL Logo ? Spider-Man & Daredevil & Elektra & The Hulk & Fantastic Four & X-Men all have it & MARVEL does not own those movie rights

Last edited:
I think it's because the first film came out before they developed that page-flipping logo(I think X-Men was the first to have it). Then they just kept it the same for the sequels.

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man II
The Incredible Hulk

But none of them rate lower than 8/10 ... Marvel is doing a superb job so far. Hell, if they give us that Incredible Hulk director's/Norton cut it could take that film from 8/10 to 10/10 territory.

I could never give any Hulk film a 10/10 when Hulk himself isn't an actual character in the movie(and adding the deleted scenes wouldn't change that). I'll say, for having that handicap the TIH movie did really well with everything else.

I think it's because the first film came out before they developed that page-flipping logo(I think X-Men was the first to have it). Then they just kept it the same for the sequels.

Nope, Spider-Man was the first.

I'm going to be the oddball out on this... Iron Man 2 was my favorite so far!

To be fair, I loved all Marvel films so far, so this was really tough for me to choose. I decided to go with Iron Man 2... Funny enough, i'm the only one the voted for it so far! >_<

1. Iron Man 2
2. Iron Man
3. Thor
4. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. The Incredible Hulk

Again, I loved all these films so far. But if I had to put them in order, I guess this would be it.

Now:
Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man

Haven't watched Captain America yet, so can't vote

I give Captain America and Iron Man the same score (8.0). They both had perfect first and second acts and a by-the-numbers ending. Thor I felt had weaker first and second acts but a stronger ending. It's better to end strong IMO so I give a slightly higher rating to Thor (8.5).

I thought all three were very good comic book movies though.

You are like me in this, to finalize our opinion of movies there is the need to watch it more than once

I have the same way of doing it. Unless it's just utter crap and I can tell from the begining so there's no need(or desire) to rewatch a movie.

I'm going to be the oddball out on this... Iron Man 2 was my favorite so far!

Hey, that's not so oddball. It's a really good movie. It was my #2 Marvel movie after IM1 until Cap just came out and sent it to #3.

For me it's

1.) TIE: Iron Man & Captain America
2.) Thor
3.) The Incredible Hulk
4.) Iron Man 2

IM & Cap left me with such completely different (but great) feelings, I honestly can't choose one over the other. If I were choosing the one that got me pumped up at the end thinking "damn that was cool," it would be IM, but if I were choosing the one that affected the most emotionally thinking "what a great hero," it would be Cap.

Perfectly expressed my opinion for me. Thank you, sir/ma'am.
After seeing Cap a second time, I honestly can't decide. Like you said, very different films, very different portrayals of a hero. Both exceptional.

If only Marvel had the balls to pay for the rights to "AMERICA F*** YEAH" to play during the credits. I'm somewhat serious. :o

My rankings:

Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Thor and IM are mostly tied for me, but tie-breaker goes to Thor for Loki. Loki is a great villain! Love Stane, but he is no Loki. I think both had strengths/weaknesses in plot that equal them mostly out for me. I feel TIH is underrated, but still 4th best of the set. IM2 was still a good movie, but had the most flaws. Vanko needed more fleshing out and better resolution.

But, Captain America was definitely my favorite of the films overall. Best story, best looking of the films, Evans measures up to RDJ and Hemms, Red Skull is a great villain (though I prob give Loki a slight edge over him). Cap was just a great all around film. Little to complain about.

1) Iron Man
2) Thor
3) The Incredible Hulk
4) Captain America
5) Iron Man 2

You are like me in this, to finalize our opinion of movies there is the need to watch it more than once

Yes, usually if it's a movie I'm pumped for, the first viewing is mainly a in depth view of it, to see if it succeeded expectations. Then the other times after that are just for viewing, the joy of watching the film.

I have the same way of doing it. Unless it's just utter crap and I can tell from the begining so there's no need(or desire) to rewatch a movie.

Exactly!

Well, as some have seen, when I saw the midnight showing, I was not impressed, and said it was forgettable. However, I didn't want to rank them, because as the other movies, I've seen them more than once. After my second viewing today, I really enjoyed it. I still believe it's forgettable, as I enjoyed the first half much better, but overall, my score for it went up from a 7/10 to a 8/10.

My ranking

1. Iron Man
2. Thor
3. Iron Man 2
4. Captain America
5. Incredible Hulk

Even though they're ranked, they're all golden to me, as I could watch each and single one of them over and over.

Btw, it'd be really awesome if theaters had an avengers marathon and showed all the solo movies leading up to the Avengers...just sayin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"