Iron Man
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2

But in terms of marvel movies. Blade 1 and 2 were better than all of those

I agree.

Blade is still one of the best.

But many don't see it way. Not sure why?

Maybe it didn't gel with the average person for some reason. I'll still continue to appreciate it regardless.

Story in Thor? lol

Visuals and characters sucked.

The Loki guy had no charisma.

Iron Man pretty much beats every Marvel Studio movies in all departements.

But i'm not saying Iron Man was a masterpiece, far from it. It's just that all the elements from story to acting to directing to the visuals to what we wanted out of the character all came together so well like perfect jigsaw puzzle. The other movies had too many flaws. I like some of the Captain America but there was never a moment where I said "this is Cap!". While on Iron Man I had this huge smile all the way though thinking "this is Tony, this is Iron Man!". When he went back to the middle east with his new armor and started to kick some terrorist ass it was such a great wish fullfillement moment like "this is what a super-hero should be doing!".

I have to disagree with almost everything here. Especially what you said about Loki. Tom Hiddleston made me feel like he was Loki just as much as I feel like RDJ is Stark. Hiddleston portrayed the essence of Loki beautifully and that's not an easy thing to do giving that Loki can be a complex character at times.

And IM2 is my favorite MCU film though IM1 is the best followed by Thor. I use to think Cap was the bottom of the bunch until I watched it again after Avengers and now I give it a lot more credit than before. Can't wait til CA: TWS now.

I agree.

Blade is still one of the best.

But many don't see it way. Not sure why?

Maybe it didn't gel with the average person for some reason. I'll still continue to appreciate it regardless.

I think along with the first 2 X-Men and first two Spider-man movies(and maybe Punisher'04) that Blade1 is the only Marvel film from the early years of the superhero movie renaissance(1998-2007) that didn't suck. It's pretty ok, actually. Though the SFX are laughable and the entire movie is a bit too much a product of it's time(what with silly music cues for the action and a hero and film that's trying way too hard to seem just bad-ass as opposed to naturally just being that way by virtue of great storytelling). Blade2 however is utterly forgettable. And Blade 3 I heard sucked(I never bothered to see it).

Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk.

Iron Man
The Avengers
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

I go back and forth between the two, but I think Iron Man is still the one to beat, as the overall character interactions and emotional moments resonate better with me than in The Avengers. The Avengers is great fun, though. I recently gave Captain America another shot, and it doesn't seem as uneven as I remember it, so I place it above Thor. As for the last two, I think The Incredible Hulk trumps Iron Man 2 in terms of a better put together storyline, but there are too many things that take me out of The Incredible Hulk, whether it be the choice of actors, characters, direction, special effects, etc.

The reason I continue to rank TIH as MS's weakest film is that it's the closest they've come to getting one of their main characters WRONG. Hulk needs to be a character in his own right. That's also why I think Avengers comes up short of Iron Man. Had Whedon made Hulk a full character then Avengers likely would be my #1.

They did the Hulk right in his movie
Movie story did not need to show Hulk's inner turmoil and make him deeper

A Hulk without his own personality is not really the Hulk. The only reason I cut that film slack is because Letterrier said basically he was wanting to make a film adaptation of the TV show rather than the comics. A TV show that had the exact same issue of Hulk not being a character, so at least there was consistency. And as an adaptation of the TV show it's one of the better ones I've seen(TV show adaptions, I mean). And yes, he did pull some from the Ultimates(bleh!) as well as giving Hulk his first true comic book rogue in celluloid. But he didn't have much choice there as TV Hulk never had a rogues gallery to use and Ultimate Hulk is basically a villain in his own right(double bleh! Goddamn Millar!). But I wanted 616 Hulk and it looks like I'll never get him outside of animation.

I really think Thor is the best with Captain America last. I think Cap struggles because of the origin story set in world war 2. I think the new sequel should be much better with it being set in modern day.

I really think Thor is the best with Captain America last. I think Cap struggles because of the origin story set in world war 2. I think the new sequel should be much better with it being set in modern day.

^Thor is probably my favourite of all the movies, The Avengers is the better movie, but something about Thor just clicks with me. Never thought I would find the character or his world interesting, but the movie proved me totally wrong. Now Thor 2 is my most anticipated of the Phase 2 movies, though GOTG isnt far behind.

^Thor is probably my favourite of all the movies, The Avengers is the better movie, but something about Thor just clicks with me. Never thought I would find the character or his world interesting, but the movie proved me totally wrong. Now Thor 2 is my most anticipated of the Phase 2 movies, though GOTG isnt far behind.

Thor surprised me as well. I never thought the character or Loki would be so awesome to me. My most anticipated Phase 2 would have to be GotG just because I know every other film is going to be great.

1. Avengers
2. Cap
3. Thor
4. Inc. Hulk
5. Iron Man
6. Iron Man 2

Never got the love for the Iron Man films.

Well, if nothing else, the massive success of IM1 AND 2 made those other movies possible.

But irregardlessly IM1 and Avengers are the only argument for "best".

Last edited:
Iron Man is probably my favourite out of all of them and the most re watched, but I loved the fact that Captain America took place during WW2. I'm slightly disappointed that it takes place in modern day now but hey theres no way around it, lol.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
The Avengers
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 2
Thor

Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk and Thor are a near tie for me, and the fact that I haven't seen TIH in years isn't helping me decide
Iron Man 2

The Avengers
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2
Captain America

Avengers Assemble 10/10
Captain America: The First Avenger 9/10 (just slightly above Iron Man cause its my favourite solo film)
Iron Man 9/10
The Incredible Hulk 8.5/10
Thor 8/10
Iron Man 2 7/10

I have to say, despite not liking it the first 3 or 4 times I watched it, I now love Captain America more and more each time I see it. I dont know why, but the movie didnt click with me until I saw The Avengers, dont know why.

Avengers - Everything clicked with this movie. It made the previous five films feel all the more significant in my eyes. Even Iron Man 2 was better because of the Avengers. Everything felt like it led up to this, and it worked so--freaking--well!

Iron Man - Great comedy, great action, and a wonderful arc. Even after all this time, it holds up.

Captain America - The bridge between the second and third act is a little rushed, but everything else really works for me. It is epic, massive, and so damn cool. I especially enjoyed it due to how massive it feels. By the end of the film, you feel that Captain America really made a difference in the world, whereas, with Iron Man, I never felt that Tony Stark affected much outside of his personal affairs. That isn't a bad thing, it's just I like the scale of Captain America.

Thor - People dis on this film, but I love it. It's simple, sure, but the characters are great, has some of the coolest action films in the series, and Asgard looks amazing. I can't wait for Thor 2 just to see more of this place. Not to mention Loki is awesome here. This is just as much Loki's film as Thor's, seeing as how Loki is probably just as big of a character as Thor is in this series...

Iron Man 2 - This film was my least favorite until The Avengers. I liked it more in retrospect, since it really is a personal journey for Tony, but it bridges a bunch of the films together in a way you don't see until later. Hammer is great, and it's cool to see War Machine...but the action here is the weakest in the whole MCU, the conflicts of the film are really disjointed, and I wanted to see more War Machine/Iron Man fighting.

The Incredible Hulk - A weakest film in the series, it has some awesome action, a cool villain, and isn't BAD...but the plot is way too simple, the acting is in general weak, and it's very likely that neither Abomination and the Leader will appear later in the MCU...

My order:

The Avengers
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Iron Man/The Incredible Hulk (I like them about the same)
Iron Man 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back