The Best, The Penguin

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
(1) (Burgess Meredith) Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot/The Penguin(BATMAN tv series)

(2)(Paul Williams) Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot/The Penguin (BATMAN: The animated series)

(3)(Danny DeVito) Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot/The Penguin (BATMAN Returns)

Danny Devito was born to play The Penguin, he was great in Returns

famous quite from Returns

Penguin: "You didn't intive me, so I crushed."

batman.jpg

this guy

DeVitto without question. bad place the whole cast in Returns was awesome, no one could ever amount to the brilliance Michelle Phieffer brought to Catwoman. :up:

Mr. DeVito.

Two Face said:
Danny Devito was born to play The Penguin, he was great in Returns

famous quite from Returns

Penguin: "You didn't intive me, so I crushed."

DEVITTO All the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devito did a good job with his character. One dispicable actor playing a dispicable villain. Perfect!. Some aspects of Pequin were missing in Devito's performance though.

18.paul.williams.jpg

Paul Williams! That wonderful refined voice. He really played The Penguin, not a sewer-dwelling bile-spewing nose-biting freak version of him.

Oldman = Gordon said:
18.paul.williams.jpg

Paul Williams! That wonderful refined voice. He really played The Penguin, not a sewer-dwelling bile-spewing nose-biting freak version of him.

peoplel liked devito better anyways!!!!
Mr. Devito all the way!!!!!!!

DeVitos Penguin was a different approach to the character, which totally loved.....his whole distgusting appearecne and stuff was so cool to see. That slime drippin out his mouth, it was awesome.

Penguin: Your just mad because im a genuine freak and you have to wear a mask.
Batman: Maybe
Penguin: You dont think you'll really win do you?
Batman: Things change

I love that whole dialouge scene. Everything DeVito's penguin said was great for me.....great job by Burton doing this one.

So DeVitos penguin all the way!!!!!!! his wont be beat

DeVito's just the man. I loved all his scenes in BR, espically when it came to the ladies. "I'll teach her my French Flipper Trick!" :D

Paul Williams' was kickass in B:TAS too. :up:

DeVito was nice...but he didn't have the class that Penguin usually has in the comics or in BTAS...so Paul Williams

Penguin: Just think, its a hot night in the mayor's mansion, you come in twicthin your little tail, me on the bed slippers in one hand and dry martini in the other

Catwomen: Please Oswald, i wouldnt touch you to scratch you

Penguin: You lousy minsque, i should have you spaded...you sent out all the signals, and i dont think i like you anymore.

Another Scene
Pengiun: Why should i listen to some catbroad, who's probably some messed up sorority chick who's mad at her dad for not buying her a pony for her sweet 16 birthday

(Driving the batmobile)
Penguin: I know this is a bad time to mention this, but my lisence expired hahaha.

Penguin: My troops are out stealing your children. The one's you left defesenless at home, so you's get dress up like jerks, get drunk and dance BADLY!

(Penguin is dying, all the blood and slime is coming out of his mouth, hes choking)

Penguin: EHHH, the heats getting to me
(Batman turns around to see Penguin still alive)
Penguin: Dont worry, ill killl you momentarily....but i first i need an ic..e c..old drink ehhhh
(Penguin collapses and dies)

All of DeVito's lines in this movie were great. The way he said them, that voice was so cool. He ruled as Penguin and nobody will beat his performance.

Without Danny Devito as the Penguin, would they have had the similar appearance in the Animated Series? Both Devito and Paul Williams were excellent in my opinion. Burgess Meredith had a great look for the Penguin at the current time. Even now, I still remember the *Wheh wheh wheh* laugh of his, which was caused by his cigarettes. Devito also used that classic laugh. Each actor/voice actor mentioned brought a little something to the classic villain.

meredith.JPG

dannydevito.jpg

btas_penguin.jpg

All of them are great as The Penguin in their own way.

I liked all of them in their own way. I thought each of their takes was very good. I am going to say Burgess Meredith, only because he doesn't seem to be getting much love on here.

They all rock.

Burgess was the first and therefore holds a special place in my heart.Love that elegant waddle and his cackling squwaks.

Paul Williams was such a classy Penguin.His voice was perfect for Pengy in the animated series.I missed him in Mystery of the Batwoman.

And Danny DeVito is just awesome.He really showed Penguin's nasty side.Biting noses,chewing raw fish,demolishing the Batmobile,Proposing to Catwoman,Kidnapping Gothams first borns and sending his army of Penguins in to blow up Gotham.What didn't this guy do?

The Penguin! said:
They all rock.

Burgess was the first and therefore holds a special place in my heart.Love that elegant waddle and his cackling squwaks.

Paul Williams was such a classy Penguin.His voice was perfect for Pengy in the animated series.I missed him in Mystery of the Batwoman.

And Danny DeVito is just awesome.He really showed Penguin's nasty side.Biting noses,chewing raw fish,demolishing the Batmobile,Proposing to Catwoman,Kidnapping Gothams first borns and sending his army of Penguins in to blow up Gotham.What didn't this guy do?
I totally agree with you!
The Penguin was easily the strongest enemy of Batman in the Franchise
ggbomb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"