The Blue Dragon Hype Thread

Mentok said:
I wish I could get into RPG's :(
How come you can't? I suppose the gameplay might be boring to some, but the main reason they kick ass is the story (well, in most cases.)

I find RPGs to be really addictive. You always want to just get to the next level, or finish the next quest, or just get one more item, or kill this guy... you always want to be playing.

WhatsHisFace said:
I find RPGs to be really addictive. You always want to just get to the next level, or finish the next quest, or just get one more item, or kill this guy... you always want to be playing.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. Except KoTOR. I really need to get back into that. I just like stopped playing it. I must've got a new game or something.

KotOR is a kind of game that I hate playing, but love watching other people play. It's definitely not my kind of RPG, but it's awesome in it's own right.

Once again PENNY ARCADE perfectly sum up how I feel about something...

20060908.jpg

You can edit Gambits to be as intrusive as you want and cycle between controlling party members on the fly, so PA probably missed that little bit of information. :confused:

WhatsHisFace said:
Even though avid FF fans will say Dragon Quest is better? Hahahaha, you total fool.

The hell...?

Van has a girlfriend, OMG HE WEARS A VEST IN A VERY HOT ENVIRONMENT THAT EXPOSES HIS UPPER BODY HE MUST BE GAY.

WhatsHisFace said:
KotOR is a kind of game that I hate playing, but love watching other people play. It's definitely not my kind of RPG, but it's awesome in it's own right.

Yeah, it was cool, but I just got bored of playing after an hour or so.

Zenien said:
You can edit Gambits to be as intrusive as you want and cycle between controlling party members on the fly, so PA probably missed that little bit of information. :confused:

The hell...?

Van has a girlfriend, OMG HE WEARS A VEST IN A VERY HOT ENVIRONMENT THAT EXPOSES HIS UPPER BODY HE MUST BE GAY.

The hell...?

What you typed didn't address or even possess relevance to my post you quoted.

Yeah I quoted what you said and said "The Hell...?" to show my disagreement with your flawed logic and then proceeded to randomly type about teh comment Denton made about Van looking odd. WHat's so hard to understand about that. :confused:

Zenien said:
Yeah I quoted what you said and said "The Hell...?" to show my disagreement with your flawed logic and then proceeded to randomly type about teh comment Denton made about Van looking odd. WHat's so hard to understand about that. :confused:
I was clearly responding to XwolverineX, not Denton. Am I drifting from the Forum Script?

10.09.06 - Nobuo Uematsu of Smile Please communicates that he has finished the composition of the music score for the Blue Dragon soundtrack. Release: 2006 (Japan)

link

Sounds like it's still on track for 2006, which means they're going to need to release a ton of info at TGS and X06.

Yeah, like maybe one freaking word on the battle system.

Gameplay footage or a playable demo is a must.

They probably will do a playable demo, just for Japan. I'll have to grab a silver japanese account to play it :(

I imagine it'll probably play similar to FF games, a typical, linear turn-based system. Or have they said something about a newish battle system, just not actually said what it is?

Its "new and original", but we hear that a lot, it probably isn't. Probably a KotOR-style hybrid, though I'd have no problem with fully real time/full turn based if they did it right.

BanjoKazooie said:
Its "new and original", but we hear that a lot, it probably isn't. Probably a KotOR-style hybrid, though I'd have no problem with fully real time/full turn based if they did it right.

I'd probably prefer Turn-Based, it's my style (though FF kind of sucks).

I used to really love FF (playing FF3 was the thing that made me stop being a devout Sega fanatic and also pick up a SNES), but the playstation generation final fantasty's (the ones that occurered after the guy in charge of Blue Dragon left the series to someone else) have just been garbage. Terrible stories, boring gameplay, too much cg, etc. The newest Final Fantasy's are even worse, I could probably find more interaction navigating a pixar DVD menu (and end up watching less CG). That's one of the reasons I'm very grateful that he's said that all movies are in-game, have a point, and aren't just thrown in for no reason.

Hey, I like them up to 8!

But they certainly blew after that.

Crap, I gotta go to baseball. I'll be on either later or tomorrow.

Those actually aren't new screens, I posted the good quality scan in the first post, and ignored the other :dry:

Interview with Hironobu Sakaguchi on Blue Dragon's battle system said:
Gamepro: What kind of game is Blue Dragon?

Hironobu Sakaguchi: It's a turn-based traditional RPG with real-time action, so it's a bit different from the conventional RPGS that you've seen until now. It's not an action-RPG, but has action features.
link

So, real time....but turn based....but real time.....huh? :confused:

I'm still guessing it will play like KotOR, but I really want to see the game in action now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"