The Boogeyman

Love the short story, like how I love The Jaunt, but don’t know how it’ll have the same impact in feature length runtime.

Casting For The Boogeyman
Posted: February 1, 2022, 11:12:10
Section: Film » The Boogeyman

boogeyman_cast.jpg

Sophie Thatcher and Chris Messina are set to star in the 20th Century Studios adaptation of King’s The Boogeyman.

21 Laps is producing and the film will debut on Hulu, with Rob Savage set to direct. 21 Laps’ Shawn Levy, Dan Levine & Dan Cohen are producing. Production is expected to start next month.

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2022]

The Boogeyman Has Finished Shooting
Posted: June 8, 2022, 08:57:54
Section: Film » The Boogeyman
Director Rob Savage gives an update on The Boogeyman. The movie will air on Hulu but no premier date has been released yet.

“We’ve finished shooting, and we’re in the edit, and it’s all going very well. And I’m really, incredibly pleased with how this movie has come together. And I’m so in awe of the cast that we’ve that we’ve pulled together. So I feel like, even if it turns out that I’ve totally f*cked up my part of it, I feel like everyone else in this movie is so incredibly talented, that it’s still going to come together to be something special. And yeah, hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, it’ll rank pretty high up the list of Stephen King adaptations. Knock on wood, but I think we’ve got something really, really great in the can. But that’s that’s where we are right now.”

Copied from Lilja's Library: Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2022]

Two King Movies Officially Rated
Posted: November 17, 2022, 09:54:01
Sections: Film » Salem's Lot, Film » The Boogeyman
Motion Picture Association has confirmed that the Salem’s Lot remake has been officially rated and got an R for "R for bloody violence and language." The movie does still not have a release date, but now that it has a rating, that's hopefully next.

The Boogeyman has also been rated and was given a PG-13 rating for “Terror, violent content, teen drug use, and some strong language.”

The movie don’t have a release date yet but hopefully that will happen soon. The problem though, might be that it’s been expanded quite a bit compared to the story.

“Still reeling from the tragic death of their mother, a teenage girl and her little brother find themselves plagued by a sadistic presence in their house and struggle to get their grieving father to pay attention before it’s too late.”

That release date seems very promising, Rob stays winning.
Zaslav and co. haven’t been shy about dropping the ax. If they were dropping that one altogether, I feel like they would’ve done it up front.

Then again, who the **** knows?
We've also had complete radio silence on the Train to Busan remake.

Wasn't much a fan of Rob Savage's last film but I loved Host. Hopefully he will nail it with a big budget horror.

Looks like it could be alright.

Looks like it could be pretty entertaining and creepy in the same vein as Lights Out. I just hope it doesn't end up being as generic or forgettable as most of these movies end up being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"