The Borgias

I'm caught up too, i'm very interested in the new girl who's posing as a boy to become an artist. She has a very Hayley Atwell vibe to her. :)
Hayley Atwell has a very Selena Gomez vibe to her.:o

So the season ended last night. Thoughts?

Despite not liking how they made HISTORY SPOILERS Cesare murdering his brother Juan excusable by giving the build up last week 50 minutes of irreprehensible behavior by Juan, this week's episode was great. It is easily Jeremy Irons's best episode and the scenes with Juan's body, his final conversation with Cesare and even during the execution were all fantastic. A really great episode and probably the best this show has seen.

It also looks like Cesare and Lucrezia are on their way to becoming truly unlikable characters. That's good for the show, as we're finally approaching next season why people would want a TV show on the Borgias in the first place. I was impressed with the episode.

Good episode. I'm thinking Rodrigo is dead and next season will be about della Rovere returning to the Vatican, rising to power and clashing with Cesare.

I hope not. That's such a huge departure from history it would be crazy.

Jeremy Irons was brilliant throughout the finale, I don't think Rodrigo is dead since going by the history he doesn't die yet but yeah I know there's historical inaccuracy already in the show so if they want to make Rodrigo depart and Cesare the lead, there's some interesting directions they could take. When Cesare misunderstood what Lucrezia meant by marry her, I do wonder however if they will finally seal the deal in season 3?

I hope not. That's such a huge departure from history it would be crazy.

It's a drama series, not a documentary. They've already made a lot changes. We can assume the year is around 1498 since that is when Savanarola died and Cesare resigned, which means Alexander has 5 more years as pope. He became pope in 1492 but I don't really think these last 2 seasons have been 6 years. I also don't expect them to be able to afford many seasons of Jeremy Irons. Maybe we have 1 more season with him but it'd feel kind of cheap if they end next year with the same cliffhanger of. "Is he dead?"

della Rovere did become pope (Julius II) in 1503, so he is going to return to the Vatican. Which I'm frankly more interested in seeing, they made Rodrigo far too likable this year.

Judging by the lack of activity in this thread, I'm guessing no one else realized this started again.

I find it to be pretty lousy. They're rushing things I would expect to develop like Caterina Sforza assembling a Legion of Doom against the Borgias.

I've been watching and loving this season. I think they are working at a decent pace. Hope we get a 4th season.

It seems they realize that Season 2 was a snoozer and moved at a snail's pace. All of a sudden, the show is zipping along and it feels like they're almost tripping over themselves to get to the incest, murder and full-on war with the Papal States.

Not that I am complaining. Other than the last two or three episodes, Season 2 was rather bad. My hope is that now that they are readjusting, at least based on the first two episodes, they find the show the first season promised.

I also hear that they may do one two hour movie, as opposed to a fourth season, to finish the series. I think there is enough for a fourth season. They just need to strike a better balance in pacing.

Yeah, I'm only on S2E3 and I'm really struggling to get through the season.

S3 has ben pretty good so far. The ep; the chick that played Cesare's wife was sexy as hell!

There are already rumors going around that this will be the last season and that they may wrap things up with a 2hr movie. I hope we get a 4th and final season.

Next season would've been the downfall of the Borgias and it'd be glorious to have witness it but alas it's not meant to be, still I thought this series finale was a fitting end. Arrivederci you fantastic show, you'll be missed.

So sad to see this show go. The ratings weren't that horrid that Showtime couldn't give them a 2hr movie next year like they were discussing. Plus pitting it against GoT is just suicide.

Maybe I'm just consumed with Game of Thrones, but I didn't care much for this season. Things just seemed to happen randomly without any explanation, most of the characters were never fleshed out. della Rovere and the other cardinal that burned the papers just disappeared.

Some plots seemed incredibly rushed. For example, the new king of Naples that was plotting with Caterina Sforza, we see who he is at the end of the episode, Lucrezia finds out the next episode, and 5 min into the following episode she escapes.

The group of second/bastard sons was pointless. Caterina recruits them, Cesare meets with them and they basically just agree to change sides without any hesitation. I wouldn't know most of their names if I didn't have closed captions on. They hint at a Rufio/Micheletto showdown, but that never happens. Micheletto disappears until the finale where he serves as the deus ex machina to help Cesare siege Forli (ironic since Caterina mentions a deus ex machina).

I actually loved this season. I think it was better than season 2.

Horrible Histories The Borgia Family :woot:
[YT]lDDCQc3m_1U[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"