Homecoming The Box Office Speculation Thread

Reaction score
Like the Rotten Tomatoes one, there doesn't seem to be one made for this and we are getting close to release.

Thoughts and predictions?

If you look about 15 threads below this you'll see the box office one, lol. Sorry.

Somewhere in the $800M-$1BWW range, though I hope it ends up on the higher end of the spectrum.

damn that's pretty low for spidey.

I am telling people this movie is not going to be like a billion dollar movie to much damaged done by the last few Spider-Man movies and there are people out there going another Spider-Man reboot really? They are going to have to earn peoples trust back. If the movie is really good or even great the sequel could then do much better.

Um.. those numbers are like without the premiere, the critics, and with not that much promo.
Give it two more weeks, when the premiere, critics and heavier tv spots come out.

Just as I feared. Sony has really diminished this franchise to the bargain bin. Pathetic studio from top to bottom. Even the MCU can't take him back up immediately. I suspect this does TASM numbers, but hopefully the reviews are much better then 72%.

Just as I feared. Sony has really diminished this franchise to the bargain bin. Pathetic studio from top to bottom. Even the MCU can't take him back up immediately. I suspect this does TASM numbers, but hopefully the reviews are much better then 72%.

Keep in mind this is tracking. Tracking go up or down depending on reception, and 90m+ would be more in line with TASM, just without the legs or 5 days to help it.

I am much more confident about the box office than the reviews.
Anyone who is at least a little bit of a fan of either Spider-Man or the MCU is going to see this at least once. No amount of bad mouthing will stop them from seeing for themselves if the movies is good or not, but the critics, compared to 5 years ago, are much harsher on CBMs.

I can easily see this going as high as 800 mil while having a RT score even lower than ASM.

Well there is nothing about reviews embargos or press screenings anywhere, so that isn't a great sign 3 weeks out. As for 800m, that isn't happening with a 90m opening and reviews less then TASM, no chance. The best case scenario is great reviews and 750. Rebuild the trust first, then the franchise. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like that will happen, at least from what we know so far.

C'mon people. There already is a box office thread.

Deadline also reported that Wonder Woman would make $65m opening weekend.

So now I see June 29th for the review embargo, which means critics/press screenings even before that. With no early release overseas, this could be taken as a good sign. I have no idea why the estimates are lower then box office's 135 estimate a month ago though, that is worrisome. Usually they go up.

I am telling people this movie is not going to be like a billion dollar movie to much damaged done by the last few Spider-Man movies and there are people out there going another Spider-Man reboot really? They are going to have to earn peoples trust back. If the movie is really good or even great the sequel could then do much better.

No one is actually expecting Homecoming to make a billion dollars. No one reasonable, that is.

I hope this movie hd Marvel's budget management and not Sony's. marvel keeps budgets at check and maximizes profit. Sony spent 250 on ASM 2 and 300 on Spectre...

I hope this movie hd Marvel's budget management and not Sony's. marvel keeps budgets at check and maximizes profit. Sony spent 250 on ASM 2 and 300 on Spectre...

It feels Sony has a giant Marketing Budget for that. On the one Hand, yeah People has to b emotivated for the new Spider-Man.. On the other Hand I fear I doubt it will not rentable as expacted. ´
I hope sony dont think it will hit a Million.. 800 is my tip.

Sony *should* be happy with better sales than TASM2 and actual good reviews once again. No guarantee they will be, though.

Pro.Bo decreased the projection from 135/325 to 125/301

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-annabelle-creation-glass-castle-nut-job-2-nutty-nature/

7/7/2017 Spider-Man: Homecoming $125,000,000 -7% $301,000,000 -7%

Spider-Man: Homecoming tracking is generating a wide range of projections (as usual). While social media buzz remains very strong thus far, we’re not ruling out the possibility that Wonder Woman‘s incredible reception could have an indirect effect on enthusiasm for the next big superhero release. Still, pending strong reactions from early screenings, we expect big returns.

I will be over the moon if this movie makes 800m WW or better. Everything else is gravy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"