Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home ---- Official Box Office Prediction Thread

When you say "I have ever seen", that says otherwise. There are tons of movies out there that are far far worse.

It just comes off as your typical IMDB board exaggeration. When they still had their message boards you could look up just about any movie and no matter how great it was there was always someone saying it's the worst movie ever made or that they've ever seen. It's just a pet peeve is all.

Would "colossal disappointment" fit better? It reminded me of when I watched "The Village", and the twist was...so lame. Nolan is such a good filmmaker when he's on, and that twist just felt unearned...and very...I don't know. It just felt cheap. Momento had a twist, but it was earned...as well as alluded to from the first scene. The bookcase shenanigans seemed like something I would see in one of Netflix's less-than-stellar sci-fi attempts. Not that Netflix doesn't make good stuff, but when they make something bad....hooboy! They go all the way bad!

When you say "I have ever seen", that says otherwise. There are tons of movies out there that are far far worse.

It just comes off as your typical IMDB board exaggeration. When they still had their message boards you could look up just about any movie and no matter how great it was there was always someone saying it's the worst movie ever made or that they've ever seen. It's just a pet peeve is all.

Also, I feel you on the pet peeves. I get that way on these boards when someone starts throwing out "Snyder cut" stuff, or when the phrase "superhero fatigue" pops up across the internet.

March's calendar was way less stacked.

Other studios were scared of Captain Marvel. They changed the release date of Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Us, the Dr. Dolittle reboot, etc.

Last edited:
Ah, so finish around $390m. Maybe the next one can make it above $400m.
The way these MCU sub franchises go (which is generally each installment doing better than the previous one) I don’t see why not.
That is of course if Sony doesn’t pull the plug on the Marvel deal in the meantime.

The way these MCU sub franchises go (which is generally each installment doing better than the previous one) I don’t see why not.
That is of course if Sony doesn’t pull the plug on the Marvel deal in the meantime.
Yes, and if they choose to go the Simister 6 buildup route I could see it being bigger! Also true, can never rely on their execs to do the sensible thing lol.

Gonna be at $1100+ mil after next Sunday.

So with those OS weekend numbers and its USA numbers the numbers for OS and USA are starting to get closer to being the same meaning that OS is slowing down more and more. If you look at the full week numbers USA made around 15.6 and OS made around 23 I think. At this point at best I think we have 40 USA left and like 55 OS left or something to end at 1.17 billion. At worst I think 30 USA left and like 35 OS left to get to 1.14. I am hoping for 1.2 but that might be a little to much to ask for at this point. Would be nice to see 400 USA but I think we are looking at like 390-395. HC made about 40 million after weekend 5. If far from home does the same it would get to 400 but its kind of falling behind HC a little bit. I mean this weekend was about a million less then HC on its 5th weekend and also a few week days last week far from home was like a few hundred thousand behind what HC made on its same time period. So far from home is looking like it might have a little less left in the tank then HC had after its 5th weekend so I dont see it having like 40 million left in the tank more like 30-35.

Amazing numbers, this movie deserves every penny!

Far From Home is the #5 MCU solo movie worldwide. How high can it go?

Highest-grossing superhero movies at the international box office:

1. Avengers: Endgame — $1.9B
2. Avengers: Infinity War — $1.3B
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron — $946M
4. The Avengers — $895M
5. Aquaman — $812M
6. Iron Man 3 — $805M
7. Captain America: Civil War — $745M
8. Spider-Man: Far From Home — $715M
9. Captain Marvel — $701M
10. Black Panther — $646M

Highest-grossing superhero movies of all time:

1. Avengers: Endgame — $2.7B
2. Avengers: Infinity War — $2B
3. The Avengers — $1.5B
4. Avengers: Age of Ultron — $1.4B
5. Black Panther — $1.3B
6. Incredibles 2 — $1.24B
7. Iron Man 3 — $1.21B
8. Captain America: Civil War — $1.15B
9. Aquaman — $1.14B
10. Captain Marvel — $1.12B

11. The Dark Knigh Rises — $1.084B
12. Spider-Man: Far From Home — $1.075B

Top 10 is slightly Marvel dominated...

Monday down only 31.7% from last Monday. Another great hold.

It has a real shot at making the worldwide top 10.

Monday down only 31.7% from last Monday. Another great hold.
Man...this has the legs of Homecoming...with a better start than Homecoming did. It's also doing this with far stiffer competition than Homecoming had, if memory serves. Too lazy to google it, right now.

Seems like OS is slowing down fast at this point.

Missed the $1100 mil mark i expected it to hit.

Highest-grossing superhero movies of all time:

3. The Avengers — $1.5B
5. Black Panther — $1.3B
6. Incredibles 2 — $1.24B
7. Iron Man 3 — $1.21B
8. Captain America: Civil War — $1.15B
9. Aquaman — $1.14B
10. Captain Marvel — $1.12B

11. Spider-Man: Far From Home — $1.096B
12. The Dark Knigh Rises — $1.084B

Seems like OS is slowing down fast at this point.

Missed the $1100 mil mark i expected it to hit.

Interesting its OS and USA numbers were about even this weekend. So yeah its OS numbers seem to be slowing down faster then its USA numbers. So with that being the cases I dont known if it can catch Captain America civil war. I think it has about 25 million left USA and a little bit les left OS like 20 million that would get it to 1.42 billion or about 8 million short of civil war.

Interesting its OS and USA numbers were about even this weekend. So yeah its OS numbers seem to be slowing down faster then its USA numbers. So with that being the cases I dont known if it can catch Captain America civil war. I think it has about 25 million left USA and a little bit les left OS like 20 million that would get it to 1.42 billion or about 8 million short of civil war.

Well, I just want it to best Captain Marvel and Aquaman. That would be fine with me.

Highest-grossing Live Action superhero movies of all time:

3. The Avengers — $1.5B
5. Black Panther — $1.3B
6. Iron Man 3 — $1.21B
7. Captain America: Civil War — $1.15B
8. Aquaman — $1.14B
9. Captain Marvel — $1.12B
10. Spider-Man: Far From Home — $1.096B

9 out 10. Wow.

So close to $1.1B! Everything on top is just a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"