Homecoming The Rotten Tomatoes Score Thread

What a poor bunch we are. Two Spidey films in the 90s. Let's get to it :o

Haha

What a poor bunch we are. Two Spidey films in the 90s. Let's get to it :o

Haha

Lol no Eggy, didn't you know it's only in the 90's because there wasn't many good CBMs back then, and we all wear powerful nostalgia goggles now :cwink:

Lol no Eggy, didn't you know it's only in the 90's because there wasn't many good CBMs back then, and we all wear powerful nostalgia goggles now :cwink:

Specsavers do two for one on popular brands of goggles when spending up to £125. I've got a few sets and match them with my socks.

So much projecting. Hilarious.

Hi Faith,

I don't completely disagree with you on this one. It is true that there were less CBMs when SM2 came out. I, personally, have always preferred the first one. Despite the loss of Ben and all that, there was a lot of joy in that film and I felt that same joy more in Homecoming (haven't smiled so much during a film since Avengers).

However, I've always recognised how great SM2 is. I can compare it to Star Wars. Sometimes I want to watch the masterpiece and other times I'd prefer to watch the first one, knowing that it's not quite as good (SM end swing is much better than the one in SM2) but not caring because it's a little more fun.

In short, I think it deserves it even though I've never held it as high as some.

IMO lol

Thanks for reading.

I like the first Spider-Man better than Spider-Man 2 as well, just a little. I can totally see why Spider-Man 2 is superior but I prefer some things from the first. I thought Tobey seemed cooler in Spider-Man while he goes full geek in SM2. Dunst was also better and the love story more tolerable.

As good as SM2 was, I saw the beginnings of things I would come to despise in SM3, especially with Tobey, Dunst, and the love story. Still an all time classic and arguably the best superhero movie of all time.

Hi Faith,

I don't completely disagree with you on this one. It is true that there were less CBMs when SM2 came out. I, personally, have always preferred the first one. Despite the loss of Ben and all that, there was a lot of joy in that film and I felt that same joy more in Homecoming (haven't smiled so much during a film since Avengers).

However, I've always recognised how great SM2 is. I can compare it to Star Wars. Sometimes I want to watch the masterpiece and other times I'd prefer to watch the first one, knowing that it's not quite as good (SM end swing is much better than the one in SM2) but not caring because it's a little more fun.

In short, I think it deserves it even though I've never held it as high as some.

IMO lol

Thanks for reading.

Well you see, I never had a problem acknowleding why many consider SM2 a great movie. And to be clear, I think it's a good movie...there are still parts about it that I love. I just don't think it has aged well enough to still be considered great. The Peter/MJ dynamic especially drags the trilogy down because it is both a big part of each film and the weakest part. MJ as constant damsel in distress is just not at all appealing in this day and age. And I'm not one who hates the DID trope but the way the writers fell back on it in the Raimi trilogy was unfortunate and uninspiring.

I know someone that thinks SM2 isnt great because uh, he has a problem with, Doc Ock's sun at the end, and how its not scientifically accurate, and that, putting under water wouldnt work, or something like that....its weird.

My friend had that problem too. I didn't even even think about it I it until it pointed out.

The Sarah Watt rotten review that we were expecting has now been added, ending a streak of 33 fresh reviews in a row.

93%
Average Rating: 7.6/10
Reviews Counted: 262
Fresh: 244
Rotten: 18

If it gets 3 more fresh reviews now, it would take 3 rottens in a row to bring the score down to 92%.

Last edited:
God damn it. I was hoping it could stay with Logan at 93 but nah, out of 40 (I'm assuming it ends at 300), no way the negs don't stop creeping in.

SHM
93%
Fresh - 244
Rotten - 18

SHM
94%
Fresh - 246
Rotten - 17

So SMH only needs two more fresh to hit 94%

SM2 has a much higher average rating 8.3/10 (compared to 7.6/10)
SM2 has a much lower audience score 81% with 3.5/5 (compared to 91% 4.4/5)

If it ends up at 93% that will be incredible, and exceeded many expectations.

That's a fantastic score for any movie, let alone a CBM.

Indeed. I didn't vote on the poll but I was thinking this was gonna end up around 80-85% so it's definitely beyond my expectations. So happy Marvel was able to pull this off...there was so much riding on this film and they succeeded.

I was thinking a few days ago that the movie was going to end at a 93 but now it has had like 3 negative reviews out of its last like 6 reviews or something and know I don't think it is going to end up at a 93. I think it is going to end at a 92. Now 33 of its next 35 need to be positive for the movie to be at a 93 after 300 reivews.

Cancel the Sony deal, it's over.

It was fun while it lasted. You did your best, Marvel.

I think Marvel decided to stop as soon as they heard harryoscop didnt like their take. It destroyed their morale.

92...oh man. We're getting towards Suicide Squad numbers.

Already down to 92?! Only another 41 percentage points more to go before it's the worst reviewed Spider-Man movie. Marvel really screwed the pooch on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"