The Brootherhood of the Evil Mutants

^ well he always sort of knew a "war was brewing"...even in X1 when he realizes (in the very beginning, with that meeting with Jean Grey) that "humanity will never accept us" or whatever. Maybe he did realize there was no more room for compassion, but I think he is the type to recognize loyalty on some level. Or maybe Mags really has become the serious bad-guy type. Bad to the bone baby. Ok someone contradict me because I'm starting to ramble lol.

Mdizzle said:
^ well he always sort of knew a "war was brewing"...even in X1 when he realizes (in the very beginning, with that meeting with Jean Grey) that "humanity will never accept us" or whatever. Maybe he did realize there was no more room for compassion, but I think he is the type to recognize loyalty on some level. Or maybe Mags really has become the serious bad-guy type. Bad to the bone baby. Ok someone contradict me because I'm starting to ramble lol.

When Mystique turned into the 'Human Raven Darkholme', I had the sensation Mags was really UPSET that she sacrificed her precious mutant nature for him. In Magneto's twisted perspective, you have to PROTECT your mutant nature and your mutant status above EVERYTHING.
So okay, he was still a mutant, thanks to her sacrifice... but on the other hand, he also meant this: "Oh God... you sacrifice you Mystique D.N.A. to save my Magneto D.N.A... what a stoopid you are...no respect for your mutant genetic code at all".

Am I wrong?

yeah thats definitely one way of looking at it. I'm not really doubting he was upset, I think maybe it was less obvious based on how the scene was written or whatever. For whatever reason I didn't feel it as much, but I see what you're saying.

Mdizzle said:
yeah thats definitely one way of looking at it. I'm not really doubting he was upset, I think maybe it was less obvious based on how the scene was written or whatever. For whatever reason I didn't feel it as much, but I see what you're saying.

I still think he was upset because Raven sacrificed her precious mutant D.N.A. to save him! From Magneto's perspective, this is a sign of disrespect in regards of the mutant nature itself. It's a paradox, because Raved did that to save him to become an human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"