Justice League The Bruce Wayne/Batman Thread

I would if he still doesn't learn how to do a decent Bat voice. :o

That's the thing that annoys me. People dont like the voice, but it doesnt mean its incorrect what so ever. It just means that you dont like it. I honestly didnt know that the comics came with audio for the last 70 years!

To be fair, they do describe his voice, and it's usually described as a growl.

It's all up to interpretation and preference. I personally think Bale's Bat-voice sounds fine, except when he yells with it in some scenes. Then it sounds kinda silly. But I'm not sure how you could really improve on that. I just think it was ill-advised to have him scream with it at all, except in certain scenes where it was absolutely necessary, like the Joker interrogation scene (and in that one, Bale's screaming sounds fine, IMO).

Batman's behavior and strategic approach to situations annoyed me much more than his voice.

That's the thing that annoys me. People dont like the voice, but it doesnt mean its incorrect what so ever. It just means that you dont like it. I honestly didnt know that the comics came with audio for the last 70 years!
To be fair, Majik didn't say "correct Bat-voice," he said "a decent" one. Which has nothing to do with faithfulness to the comics and everything to do with whether or not he liked the voice that was used. And as we're aware, there are plenty of people who didn't like the voice that Bale chose to use.

For the record, I'm not one of them. His Bat-voice never bothered me. I'm just pointing out that the criticisms of it aren't about what the comics say it should sound like; they are about people simply not liking what it sounded like.

Bales batvoice in a calm manner was fine with me but when he started the screaming angry voice, it bothered me and there were stages where i couldnt really make out some of his words he was saying mostly when hes angry. In TDK i thought he said "im not wearing hockey masks" but it was pads not masks which made alot more sense. I didnt realise this till this year oO, had subtitles running and boom Pads, ahhh now i get it lol.

To be fair, Majik didn't say "correct Bat-voice," he said "a decent" one. Which has nothing to do with faithfulness to the comics and everything to do with whether or not he liked the voice that was used. And as we're aware, there are plenty of people who didn't like the voice that Bale chose to use.
Thank you.
For the record, I'm not one of them. His Bat-voice never bothered me. I'm just pointing out that the criticisms of it aren't about what the comics say it should sound like; they are about people simply not liking what it sounded like.
I do think he has it in him to do a decent Bat-voice, I just don't think he's performed it ever, which is annoying to me. I mean I'm not expecting Conroy's Batman voice(though that would make me gleeful), but I also don't want my ears getting butchered with his unintelligible rambling.

^you'd be hard pressed to find a better actor than bale

christian imo had the perfect look for batman that such suggestions as gosling,pace,hammer,etc. dont have he was good looking but also had chiseled features
tumblr_m6o3mw61Vw1qmbetwo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Gosling would be just as awesome of a choice imo. He's already in shape, if he bulks up even more and dyes his hair and does a little something with the voice. Which isn't hard to do, he's a great actor. Then it's set.

Bale is the best candidate. The connection to the Nolan movies might be too strong.

I think Bale did a better Bruce Wayne than Batman, but that might more be the scripting and cinematography.

^you'd be hard pressed to find a better actor than bale

christian imo had the perfect look for batman that such suggestions as gosling,pace,hammer,etc. dont have he was good looking but also had chiseled features

I don't think so. There are a considerable amount of actors out there who could do Bruce/Batman just as, if not better than, Bale.

I don't think so. There are a considerable amount of actors out there who could do Bruce/Batman just as, if not better than, Bale.
I disagree. I can see Gosling nailing the playboy billionaire, and the serious Bruce but Batman? It all depends.

Fassbender might be the equivalent to Bale in all 3 categories. Then again as dark and serious Bale got, he had a likeability and a warmth that Fassbender may not be able to pull off. It would be more along the lines of Keaton. Where it's just a cold Bruce Wayne. I never felt bad for Keaton once, while Bale won me over completely. Now Fassy would give a different Bat performance than Christian, but it wouldnt necessarily be better. Just different.

There's a bunch of actors that could nail the playboy Wayne but butcher Batman. And some actors would be the other way around.

Im not sure it's gonna be easy to find an actor who can do the 3 personas as well as Bale. A HUGE challenge.

If we can't have Bale, I'd want Michael Fassbender all the way, but he's already Magneto. Damn.

Gosling would be just as awesome of a choice imo. He's already in shape, if he bulks up even more and dyes his hair and does a little something with the voice. Which isn't hard to do, he's a great actor. Then it's set.

Haha.. no.

Bale fits Batman and Bruce Wayne like a glove. He always did. He is perfect casting, like Reeve for Superman.

Gosling is a major 'out of the box' choice for Batman/Wayne in appearance, voice and acting style.

Gosling is a good choice, but he has nothing on Bale... Bale is the superior choice by far

Honestly, most of today's serious dramatic actors that are in good shape and range between 25 and 45 could probably make an interesting Batman. It's not a hard role to cast.

Gosling is never going to happen. Never.

Just stop. God ha you're not him. You're a nobodyon the internet... Ive seen the quote of his on superhero movies, things can change. You know nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing on the casting process of this movie. Let's speculate. Because that's all fans can do. And that's all you are. A fan. You don't personally know Gosling or ANYONE involved in the production of this film. Just stop. It's obnoxious :)

Honestly, most of today's serious dramatic actors that are in good shape and range between 25 and 45 could probably make an interesting Batman. It's not a hard role to cast.
Entirely agreed.
Just stop. God ha you're not him. You're a nobodyon the internet... Ive seen the quote of his on superhero movies, things can change. You know nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing on the casting process of this movie. Let's speculate. Because that's all fans can do. And that's all you are. A fan. You don't personally know Gosling or ANYONE involved in the production of this film. Just stop. It's obnoxious :)
He's denied interest and roles in super hero movies plenty of time, he admits to it himself. It's never going to happen.

how bout this for the voice, don't do a batman voice, do a bruce wayne voice.

someone with a deep voice (or who can do a deep voice) go up a pitch or two

make bruce seem like the billionaire pretty boy and have batman be the "real" personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"