BvS The BvS Ultimate Cut Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing then Superman still fails to talk to Batman before the fight despite having ample time to do so.

That is in line with the movie. The governoe said "see a democracy is when people talk to each other". It is always woman that will bring change nd talk, calmness, to the childish boys who doen't want to share (quoting WW). That's part of the talk of the film, they are both looking for truth and justice but will only let themselvs manipulated by the one who is high up on his ego. Lex represent a man with no power but unlimited knowledge. The risk of books and the lover of Metropolis's lybrary. Where our big blue and black guy they have some physical power. Superman the most, Batman is in the middle, like Lex he doesn't have superpower and has knowledge and technology, unlike him he uses his body and physical force. Their choice will be interesting: Lex betray mother earth, Batman doesnot.

Last edited:
ApophènX;33897961 said:
That is in line with the movie. The governoe said "see a democracy is when people talk to each other". It is always woman that will bring change nd talk, calmness, to the childish bots who doen't want to share (quoting WW). That's part of the talk of the film, they are both looking for truth and justice but will only let themselvs manipulated by the one who is high up on his ego. Lex represent a man with no power but unlimited knowledge. The risk of books and the lover of Metropolis's lybrary.

Superman's behaviour in the fight is easy to follow in the UC. Although he tries to reason with him straight away he's ycertai Bruce won't listen after investigating and threatening him prior, so knows his only way is to subdue him.

Yes,they act childish, without a good talk to solve problems. Batman is becoming cruel and is in rage, he closed up himself in a big armor. He just want to "hunt".

Its funny now you mention it,most of the men in this movie are somewhat flawed and lost(Bruce,Clark,Lex,Wally the bomber,Anatoly) but its is the women who are shown in the positive light but often face the consequences(Lois,WW,Senator Finch,Martha,Janet,lex's assistant).

Also there were couple of really emotional moments in the uc that were very small but had an impact :

1.Wallace saying to Finch,"My wife left me,I cant even piss standing up,help me face him".

2.When the kid sees the superman doll being burnt turns to the mom,and she shakes her head to comfort him.

I cannot believe the number of posters who complain that Superman did not try to talk more to Batman.

The movie is Batman v Superman and Snyders goal was to have them fight.

The goal was not to kiss and make up before the fight-lol

The burning stuff was really interesting because later Lex's men want to burn Clark's mom like a witch. And Lex will be the one performing bloody ritual with extraterrestrial advenced technology forbidden even on Krypton. It shows a dissidence in time,with the witch hunt, Kal-El'is seen as possessive of magiczl powers by the population.

It can also connect to Excalibur stuff, the armory of Way es house : a sword, horse and hand. Wich brings the "true warrior" Wonder Woman. With a sword and a shield. She was also seen in pictures with indians and Batman family were hunters, Clark goes to the moutain to seek guidance. I think they were all looking for this Warrior figure. It's a Woman.

Being in Australia does anyone know how i can purchase the digital copy of the ultimate cut so I can also view the special features?. I really want to see the features

You know, its funny, one almost complete 180 turn around for me was how I felt about Jesse's Lex. When I first watched the film in theater, Eisenberg's portrayal annoyed the Hell out of me. But then watching it again this time and actually listening to the words that he was saying I really came around to his performance. He has a lot of quotable lines that can sort of get lost in his quick, manic delivery of them, so you gotta sometimes rewind and listen to what he is saying. But, all in all I came to really like Eisenberg's Lex, its different, but to me, he did a great job playing the bipolar mad scientist architect, which is what Lex Luthor is.

Being in Australia does anyone know how i can purchase the digital copy of the ultimate cut so I can also view the special features?. I really want to see the features
I dunno man. It's peeing me off! I don't want to have to pay any more for the SF.

Nice to see more and more people coming around.

I liked Eisenberg's quirky lines and delivery, like “Lane Lo in the morning. Lola in slacks.”

I liked Eisenberg's quirky lines and delivery, like “Lane Lo in the morning. Lola in slacks.”

I...I actually hated that line..
That and the "I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin." were just..weird.

I think you need to pay more attention next time,before crapping on something.It was clearly shown KGBeast burnt all the bodies to make it look like Superman heat visioned them,and then the actress who was paid by Luthor testified that after Superman came,"then came fire",thus implicating Superman.

I've paid more attention than you have it seems. Just think about it if superman caused an international incident then a committee would be set up to investigate said incident and when they get a hold of the burnt bodies and do an autopsy they'd realize that they are full of bullet holes, hence it makes no sense that superman would've killed any of them.

Since Louis was taken away by the chief she didn't see anything helpful. I'm sure when she was debriefed by the CIA she told them that. Who could of debunked Superman's involvement but they were too busy covering their own ass

But she still would've heard the gun shots and if they bothered to call her up to the stand she would've said that, hence leading to a more thorough investigation instead of just taking the words of an unreliable witness at face value.
Again this was just bad writing IMO.

1. No one said Superman killed people with bullets. The Senate were told that because of Superman interfering, the government attacked the village. Lois was locked in a room while all this was happening remember.

Actually they did, that's clark told lois that "I didn't kill these people if that's what they think" or when ma kent told clark that "you're no killer".

2. Have you ever watched the news? They blow everything out of proportion and make up there own stories. The juiciest one would be that Superman was a co conspirator, and the evidence planted by Lex in Wally's apartment help that case.

Coming from Iraq I've seen the western media demonize my country on more than one occasion but the evidence planted at his apartment only showed that the guy was obsessed with superman and the fact that he defaced superman's monument in public and accused him of ruining his life indicates that he is more likely to hate superman than to actually work with him.

3. Lex didn't want to have to create DD but it was a last resort. He thought he could control DD because he used his blood. Kinda silly for him to think that, and we were never out right told that. But you can assume that's the case with the , "blood of my blood" line.

To me the whole 3rd act is a mess and the supposedly smart lex expecting a mindless monstrosity to obey his command because they share blood just goes to further show me how silly the writing on this movie is.

Last edited:
I wonder if those that felt that Lois's bullet plot line in the TC was pointless feel differently now that there was more to it in the UC- especially considering the Daily Planet is reporting that Lex was arrested in connection with the Senate bombing(which was one of the few things that had me scratching my head in the TC) - It seems like she's the reason he was arrested on those charges, despite us not ever seeing Perry run that story, or Lois telling the authorities.

I LOVE everything around the Senate hearing now. The added bits of footage with Lois and then the actress really make everything come together and build up nicely. Another minor head scratcher I had in the TC was I was wondering why Senator Finch seems afraid of Lex immediately before the hearing("So whatcha been up to?"), when she actually stood up to him in his house a few scenes before. Makes so much sense now!

someone pointed out that the "Lo lane..." line is a playoff of quote of something....and the sinner line is a play off of "Lover the sinner, hate the sin"
He speaks in quotes a lot, something I enjoy about his character

I wonder if those that felt that Lois's bullet plot line in the TC was pointless feel differently now that there was more to it in the UC- especially considering the Daily Planet is reporting that Lex was arrested in connection with the Senate bombing(which was one of the few things that had me scratching my head in the TC) - It seems like she's the reason he was arrested on those charges, despite us not ever seeing Perry run that story, or Lois telling the authorities.

I LOVE everything around the Senate hearing now. The added bits of footage with Lois and then the actress really make everything come together and build up nicely. Another minor head scratcher I had in the TC was I was wondering why Senator Finch seems afraid of Lex immediately before the hearing("So whatcha been up to?"), when she actually stood up to him in his house a few scenes before. Makes so much sense now!

I'm one of those people! I was arguing that it could've been taken out completely and the story still would've worked. But now it's an actual good plot.

someone pointed out that the "Lo lane..." line is a playoff of quote of something....and the sinner line is a play off of "Lover the sinner, hate the sin"
He speaks in quotes a lot, something I enjoy about his character

It's a quote (or similar to a quote in the book, I haven't read the book, lol.) from "Lolita" a novel by Vladimir Nabokov.

It's a quote (or similar to a quote in the book, I haven't read the book, lol.) from "Lolita" a novel by Vladimir Nabokov.

Ohhhhh I didn't know! I guess that makes it good then.

:o

But she still would've heard the gun shots and if they bothered to call her up to the stand she would've said that, hence leading to a more thorough investigation instead of just taking the words of an unreliable witness at face value.
Again this was just bad writing IMO.

To me the whole 3rd act is a mess and the supposedly smart lex expecting a mindless monstrosity to obey his command because they share blood just goes to further show me how silly the writing on this movie is.

The african woman was a strong vision for me. We saw these woman cryong over dead bodies burned alive. She just come and embodies that terror on TV, it will touch people. And it does, Batman think Superman killed those men in the desert, that is why in his dream (where he replicate Superman action) he kill the Super-police-who obey him as a god. Of course it's a fraud, of course they could have made an investigation but it would have surved no purpose emotionally, the point is Lex fools them, he fools everybody. And it's even more interesting when the governor says "a democracy work when people talk to each other", Superman didn't came to talk with that woman ir express himself. He stays as a super force, a super power. But he doesn't speak, Lex does, he has no power other than knowledge and books. Power of words, even more effective when, as the earlier post said, he works in quote, his true weapon his language (and the movie is also about information on tv/talk/newspaper, get it?)

This is why the last part where we goes black science ritualistic crazy is great. Blood is more than book, it is genetic information. It is also interesting since he said his pen wanted to burn Martha like a witch. And the people wanted to burn Superman like a witch. It's very reminiscent of persecution. Lex believe in knowledge as power, it is only evidence he would think sopething created out of knowledge would obey him (plus it kindz does what he intended so...). Plus Lex is someone who follows the step of his father ("will daddy be angry if i change ...) he obeied his father's will, it's only natural he creat an abomination from his own blood (the devil he spoke about was him in the end), he create his son but also a metaphor of how he sees himself.

Last edited:
ApophènX;33898233 said:
This is why the last part where we goes black science ritualistic crazy is great. Blood is more than book, it is genetic information. It is also interesting since he said his pen wanted to burn Martha like a witch. And the people wanted to burn Superman like a witch. It's very reminiscent of persecution. Lex believe in knowledge as power, it is only evidence he would think sopething created out of knowledge would obey him (plus it kindz does what he intended so...). Plus Lex is someone who follows the step of his father ("will daddy be angry if i change ...) he obeied his father's will, it's only natural he creat an abomination from his own blood (the devil he spoke about was him in the end), he create his son but also a metaphor of how he sees himself.

Actually Doomsday was about to crush lex before superman intervened. so his whole plan came off looking laughably dumb to me.But Im glad you enjoyed that part even though to me it was as dumb as Gene Hackman's lex creating nuclear man in superman IV.

Lex's Doomsday plan didn't work out as Lex initially planned, you can see that Lex was confident that Doomsday would only attack Superman, not him but Doomsday attacked Lex.

Lex was overconfident that he had the Kryptonian knowledge, which basically meant power, ("knowledge is power") but miscalculated Doomsday's power, he thought "Power can be innocent".

Actually Doomsday was about to crush lex before superman intervened. so his whole plan came off looking laughably dumb to me.But Im glad you enjoyed that part even though to me it was as dumb as Gene Hackman's lex creating nuclear man in superman IV.

No more dumb than Tony Stark creating Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"