Venom The Carnage thread

It's hard for him to be skinny when Woody has a build not unlike Tom...
I feel Woody's great casting and he'll do the character's crazy homicidal nature justice but his physical appearance is nothing like Cletus' skinnier build.

Then again, if his bulkiness was the only gripe we have about his design we'd be fine TBH...

I feel like the symbiote "backpack" is what's making him look bulky.

I'm just gonna say it. Carnage being fairly human-sized would look odd next to this bigger Venom.

He's a creepy red tendril monster who looks leaner than Venom. Personally, I'm happy.

I finally got around to watching the trailer last night. Woody is going to steal the show as Kletus/Carnage. But, as I'm guessing others have said, the comedic angle Venom the character is taking feels wrong. The symbiote is a parasite, not a pesky roommate.

I think the point is not the teeth color but more the fact that they're not separate from the actual mouth. He has this evil jack o lantern vibe to his grin because it's a combination of a contrasting bright mouth interior and darkened/same color symbiote teeth.

For me it's most definitely the teeth coloring. He looks super sleek with red teeth.

The whole jack o lantern look works super fine in comics and the like but it's super hard for me to visualize in live-action so I just stick to him having actual teeth.

It's hard for him to be skinny when Woody has a build not unlike Tom...
I feel Woody's great casting and he'll do the character's crazy homicidal nature justice but his physical appearance is nothing like Cletus' skinnier build.

Then again, if his bulkiness was the only gripe we have about his design we'd be fine TBH...

Seen Woody in Natural Born Killers?

Seen Woody in Natural Born Killers?

Yeah of course :) And sharing the screen with RDJ no less.

But that's a couple pounds/decades ago. Nothing against him as an actor, I think he'll knock it out of the park, he's very solid. And considering the movie he's in, he'll get some yummy scenery chewing to do.

I was just nitpicking on his bulkier recent frame vs his earlier days. Then again, there's no better casting choice for Cletus, I can't think of a better actor (or at least someone just as good) that fits the acting chops AND physical aspect.

I don't know what you are all talking about. I've seen the trailer and Marisa Tomei just disappears into the Carnage character.

I get that you guys hate this design but I have been absolutely warming up to it

Also, thinking about that thing ^^ being Woody Harrelson, or having him underneath, is insanely exciting to me :twisted:

I don't see how they can be WRONG considering that it's an alien organism bonded with human blood. And Venom still looks a bit different. My thing is that they probably just want a more uniform look for all the symbiotes to an extent.

Of course it's wrong. Carnage has a standard design and that is not it. The difference between that design and Venom is negligible, it's basically just a colour swap.

If you were to have that much uniformity to the symbiotes then there would be no point in adapting known characters like Carnage and Scream as you just end up butchering their aesthetic for a cloned Venom. That's lazy design.

Instagram/Snapchat filter

Hmm, interesting

Idk how those things generally work, but this would likely probably be an official thing from the movie/Sony, right?

Weird if this is the first/best look at movie Carnage (aside from the trailer) we got lol. Looks pretty cool to me tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"