Justice League The characterizations and relationships thread

If the rumours are true and Darkseid is the baddy, I assume that'll mean that he and his forces are the ones that destroy the martian civilization.

In which case, I want there to be some tension between Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter, as Green Lantern is supposed to be the guardian of the entire sector, Mars included.

Either Green Lantern can't help but feel guilt for not being there, and MM has to try to convince him that it wasn't his fault

or the other scenario where GL is being rude and dismissive, and MM informs him that it was supposed to be his job, in which GL receives a large dosage of guilt/understanding.

Either Barry Allen or John Stewart for the 'everyman'/audience's POV

Meh, Stewart would be a bad POV. He's the serious, practical guy, the POV needs to be the one that reacts to the events in the film most like the audience. IE, he needs to be excited and curios about the fantastic stuff. That's what I think, anyways.

If the rumours are true and Darkseid is the baddy, I assume that'll mean that he and his forces are the ones that destroy the martian civilization.

In which case, I want there to be some tension between Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter, as Green Lantern is supposed to be the guardian of the entire sector, Mars included.

I really don't think J'onn should be from Mars, the huge increase in public scientific knowledge makes there being an advanced civilization on Mars a lot sillier than it were when the character was created..

What I would have done, is to write it so that he's from a planet outside of Sol, and was the only escaping survivor from his dying planet. Escaping the planet on a small space craft, he accelerates away and goes into cryo or something, and enter Sol after an unknown amount of time. There he crashes on Mars, and is discovered by human explorers.

Now, here they have a chance to do something smart; they could tie the discovery of the "martian" with NASA and Curiosity. Say Curiosity discovers the ship, and this triggers NASA to send a human expedition, for study and retrieval. Let's say this takes place in 2018, with second JL film, then it would fit well with the timeframe as well.

This gives good possibilities for marketing, and is, imo, a pretty cool concept :)

Or they could have the Martians living underground, near volcanoes, using the geothermal heat produces to survive, given that Mars ha no plate tectonics. Or that J'onn has been alone for several millennia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"