The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Official Discussion Thread

Poster is awesome.

And i agree with Tempest Narnia is better than HP, i have just NEVER got into HP despite trying numerous times.

I highly doubt the trailer would be attached to The Golden Compass, I think NT2 will be a good bet. Considering the movie comes out in the summer of next year I think that will be when we see the trailer.

A Teaser could probably play before December. I mean just look at the Dark Knight even though that was an Announcement Trailer it was still a Trailer.

So we could get a type of announcement Trailer maybe with the Game Plan.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=37449

Narnia 3, Pushed Back
Source: Box Office Mojo
September 18, 2007

Walt Disney Pictures has pushed back The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader from May 1, 2009 to May 7, 2010. Taking it's place on May 1, 2009 is the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced live-action/CGI family feature G-Force, which follows a group of intelligent animal commandos working for a government agency trying to prevent an evil billionaire from taking over the world.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=37449

Narnia 3, Pushed Back
Source: Box Office Mojo
September 18, 2007

Walt Disney Pictures has pushed back The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader from May 1, 2009 to May 7, 2010. Taking it's place on May 1, 2009 is the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced live-action/CGI family feature G-Force, which follows a group of intelligent animal commandos working for a government agency trying to prevent an evil billionaire from taking over the world.

Dangit, that sucks. I was hoping they would have released it in 2009. I would have thought that with The Silver Chair being on Waldens pre-strike list that maybe that one would be affected by the strike but not DT. Hmm, oh well, hopefully the more time they have the better it will be.

Some new artwork from the movie courtesy of Ain't It Cool...

smWereWolf.jpg

smSatyr_3.jpg

smSatyr_2.jpg

smSatyr_1.jpg

smHag.jpg

I hope this movie is darker, and a lot more serious. That artwork looks like it is.

Agree completely. They said at Comic-Con that the movie would be darker, and the Aint It Cool stuff definitely makes me think it will be. Man, now I am really psyched for this movie.

As much as I like Narnia, the books and the first movie seem a bit too safe and play out to a much younger crowd, like it's afraid to get its hands dirty or offend the parents. Like in the first movie in the climatic battle scenes, there's no blood or graphic ways the people get killed. You see the sword fights, the weapons closing in, cut away, and the victims collapse on the ground (or the deaths happen off-screen). With LOTR and Harry Potter (in the last three movies), they don't shy away from the violence or play it safe.

But I am looking forward to the second movie and man does Skandar and Georgie look different... particularly the latter. Maybe it's the longer hair that threw me off, but you can tell she's starting to look like her older sister (who ironically played Lucy's older self in the first movie). And as much as I like the teaser poster, why does Caspian look like a character from the Final Fantasy series?

Will Jim Broadbent be returning as Professor Kirke?Does anyone know that?

Does anyone have any fresh Prince Caspian info for us? Casting news? rumors? What have you? I feel like they are due to release something cool any day now- hit me with any fresh material to tide me over please. :woot:

Does anyone have any fresh Prince Caspian info for us? Casting news? rumors? What have you? I feel like they are due to release something cool any day now- hit me with any fresh material to tide me over please. :woot:

You need to visit www.narniaweb.com ...they are always up to date with awesome information. :up:

Poster is awesome.

And i agree with Tempest Narnia is better than HP, i have just NEVER got into HP despite trying numerous times.

I wasn't impressed by Narnia.

Firstly, it was very slow and boring at times.

Second, the characters and actors (specifically the children) were wooden and dull.

Third, the allegory got on my nerves. I get that it is a Christian allegory and I didn't mind that, but does it really have to be force fed to the viewer? A little subtlety goes a long way. The director, Andrew Adamson does not seem to know how to be subtle.

Fourth, the entire movie builds up to a battle with the witch, that is so anti-climactic it is not even funny. They build up how hopeless it is for Peter's (was that his name) army and then 30 seconds later they have won. They barely showed the battle at all. After Lord of the Rings, the viewer deserves better.

It should be on YouTube by now! Goddamn!

I'm going to bet that the trailer won't be seen again until National Treasure 2 comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"