The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Official Discussion Thread

The preview is supposed to be release i heard around 10:30 pm tommorow night or on wensday morning.I cant wait to finally see some footage .

The preview is supposed to be release i heard around 10:30 pm tommorow night or on wensday morning.I cant wait to finally see some footage .

You and me both! This is one of, or possibly my most anticipated movie of next year...can't wait. :up:

As much as I like Narnia, the books and the first movie seem a bit too safe and play out to a much younger crowd, like it's afraid to get its hands dirty or offend the parents. Like in the first movie in the climatic battle scenes, there's no blood or graphic ways the people get killed. You see the sword fights, the weapons closing in, cut away, and the victims collapse on the ground (or the deaths happen off-screen). With LOTR and Harry Potter (in the last three movies), they don't shy away from the violence or play it safe.

i agree completely that was awfully annoying

http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1350&dl=14424750

Trailer Available December 5

Posted Nov 29, 2007 4:29 PM by Dooby – 6,301 Views 162 Comments Send to a Friend
According to Malaysia's The Star Online, the first Prince Caspian trailer will be made publicly available on December 5 on various websites, including The Star itself. The trailer is currently only playing at Disney's El Capitan theatre.

Fellow fantasy film The Golden Compass is also being released from the 5th to the 7th of December, raising speculation that the Prince Caspian trailer might make its wide theatrical debut at the same time. UPDATE: This has been confirmed for us by Damon, who attended a pre-screening of The Golden Compass with the Prince Caspian trailer attached.

UPDATE: The trailer will also be available on December 6 (Australian/New Zealand time) at Disney.com.au.

UPDATE: You will be able to watch and download the trailer right here on NarniaWeb at 7:30 pm PT (10:30 pm EST) on December 4. The trailer will be available in Windows Media, Quicktime, and flash formats.

Are they still amking the third back to back or will it have a winter 09 release or nothing at all?

Are they still amking the third back to back or will it have a winter 09 release or nothing at all?

I believe the third film, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, will come out in May of 2010.

And the trailer for Prince Caspian looks awesome! :up:

Ahhhhh! Can't wait for this one!! Thanks for informing us of the trailer. Very cool indeed. I'm glad to see everyone's returning.

I don't know how anyone else feels, but to me, the fact that the "Prince Caspian" trailer is attached to a blatantly atheistic film like "The Golden Compass" (when C.S. Lewis deliberately wrote the Narnia Chronicles as a Biblical metaphor) just sickens me on a spiritual level. It's like what would happen if a studio attached the trailer for something like "300" to a G-rated Disney film...just wrong on both counts, in my opinion.

That being said, I saw the trailer on the Internet (as I have no intention of seeing "Compass"), and it looks to be another wonderful journey. I hope the spiritual messages aren't quashed by the fantasy elements, since Andrew Adamson did such an excellent job preserving them for "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".

I don't know how anyone else feels, but to me, the fact that the "Prince Caspian" trailer is attached to a blatantly atheistic film like "The Golden Compass" (when C.S. Lewis deliberately wrote the Narnia Chronicles as a Biblical metaphor) just sickens me on a spiritual level. It's like what would happen if a studio attached the trailer for something like "300" to a G-rated Disney film...just wrong on both counts, in my opinion.

That being said, I saw the trailer on the Internet (as I have no intention of seeing "Compass"), and it looks to be another wonderful journey. I hope the spiritual messages aren't quashed by the fantasy elements, since Andrew Adamson did such an excellent job preserving them for "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".

As he's the same one helming Caspian, I wouldn't worry.

Also: the trailer looks fantastic. Better than I'd hoped.

I agree that the trailer shouldn't be attached to Golden Compass considering Pullman pretty much hates Narnia and it would be odd for the trailer to be attached to that film, but I'm not aware of this happening. Where did you read that the trailer would be attached to GC? I was assuming the trailer would be attached to National Treasure 2 considering that is a Disney film.

By the way, Narniaweb has the trailers for download...http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=1355&dl=14478175

Moviefan2k4 and Downhere - Do not turn this into some religious debate, it's obvious why they put it with The Golden Compass, they are both fantasy adventure movies. Leave it at that.

I have to agree with you there. I don't plan on seeing GC either I just can't bring myself to do so. The visuals may be breathlating, but then most thing Satan puts in front of us are. Ok I am done with my Christian view.

I am very excited about Prince Caspian though, it looks amazing. It is a shame this will be the last time we will see the actors playing Peter and Susan though since their characters are not in the next few books.

Moviefan2k4 and Downhere - Do not turn this into some religious debate, it's obvious why they put it with The Golden Compass, they are both fantasy adventure movies. Leave it at that.

Wow, didn't know I turned this into a religious debate, but ok. I thought it was common knowledge that the writer of His Dark Materials hated the Narnia series, it's just kind of ironic that they would attach the trailer to that movie, even if they are the same genre.

Well, then we'd have to assume that all of the Narnia trailers were fit in with movies that only followed CS Lewis' personal beliefs...which I don't remember them doing with the trailers for the first movie at all. It should be no different here.

And I've already seen The Golden Compass, and it's nothing like these watchdog groups are getting themselves into a frenzy about. It's not about killing God, or whatever they've been making up about it. :whatever:

That being said, the Prince Caspian trailer looks fantastic. :woot:

It's not about killing God, or whatever they've been making up about it. :whatever:

I believe that takes place in the third book if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, it's too bad that they moved Dawn Treader to 2010, I would have liked to look forward to the next Narnia film in 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"