THE CINEMA LOUNGE

giphy.gif

F*** you and your stupid giant heads Funko!!!! :rant:

noooooo
on the posters!

i still watch out for BNG and GMA for posters though
What's GMA?

Basically, a quick fix is to invest in a tv with Dolby Vision.

As someone who has meticulously played around with his tv settings for things like this, I might have to check out the HOD episode just to see if I can see anything :funny:

Went and saw The Exorcist in theaters today. Had a pretty large crowd which was really cool to see. I was surprised to see how many of the scares were still really effective for people.

Movie looked absolutely fantastic on the big screen though. There really is no question as to why that's one of the greatest films ever put to screen.

I'm starting to think we need to bring back gatekeeping, because if I see one more person online try to defend crappy VFX/writing/acting in a big budget blockbuster property by calling it "camp," I'm going to lose my mind.

Bullitt and Dirty Harry.

Back to back.

I had never seen Dirty Harry before. I'm glad to finally check it off my list. It was fine. One of them films that has been over hyped in a sense, but I wasnt there opening night, like bald @C. Lee . Perhaps he has a better point of reference. Clint squinting his eyes and saying that catchphrase wasnt enough for me.

Bullitt- I've seen dozens of times at this point. I still can't for the life of me tell you what the plot is about from memory. But it doesn't really matter. McQueen's style has been inflicted upon me and thousands upon thousands of others that it becomes normal. I didn't even notice at first that I was wearing the same chukka boots as him, or that I have an almost exact sports coat, a 68 mustang in my garage, same sunglasses, he has become part of the mens style dna in a way, subconsciously, he is in there, one might think this sweater or jeans etc is different, but it was MCqueen all the time.

Bullitt and Dirty Harry.

Back to back.

I had never seen Dirty Harry before. I'm glad to finally check it off my list. It was fine. One of them films that has been over hyped in a sense, but I wasnt there opening night, like bald @C. Lee . Perhaps he has a better point of reference. Clint squinting his eyes and saying that catchphrase wasnt enough for me.

Bullitt- I've seen dozens of times at this point. I still can't for the life of me tell you what the plot is about from memory. But it doesn't really matter. McQueen's style has been inflicted upon me and thousands upon thousands of others that it becomes normal. I didn't even notice at first that I was wearing the same chukka boots as him, or that I have an almost exact sports coat, a 68 mustang in my garage, same sunglasses, he has become part of the mens style dna in a way, subconsciously, he is in there, one might think this sweater or jeans etc is different, but it was MCqueen all the time.
I wouldn't expect you to have the same feelings about DIRTY HARRY as I do, because I saw it opening weekend 52 years ago. It was brand new then....not just the actual movie but the whole concept. A hero cop who flat out shoots and beats up the bad guys every chance he gets. That was unheard of at the time, but now it is old hat.It created the wild action cop movie trope that took over for the westerns.

I wouldn't expect you to have the same feelings about DIRTY HARRY as I do, because I saw it opening weekend 52 years ago. It was brand new then....not just the actual movie but the whole concept. A hero cop who flat out shoots and beats up the bad guys every chance he gets. That was unheard of at the time, but now it is old hat.It created the wild action cop movie trope that took over for the westerns.

I will say this. The opening pool shot is masterful. The villain didn't live up to that moment . Are the sequels worth watching or do they get worse like them Death Wish movies? I've seen all the Death Wish flicks, but I have a soft spot for Bronson.

The greatest modern Hitchcock film to be released and not even a throw away nom for ANYTHING. Tis' a disgrace. Easily shouldve been a best picture, director, DP, actors etc. All of it. The ending still hurts.

71e4db85ed464f68482eed84551d602e325a5932.gifv

Been watching the Death Wish sequels and um….this has to be one of the worst franchises.

Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin made one last film together in the 80s called, 'Death Hunt'. Even in their old age, the machismo aura is felt. The film is actually pretty solid, both were mostly sleep walking in films at this point, but you bet your fake head toupe, they gave it all, their last hurrah in a way. Quentin talks about the last era of the American Machismo actor aka mans man type going away with them, and them being replaced by british and australian actors. He is right. The Chalamet can't hold a candle to the MCQueen's or Bronson.

Been watching the Death Wish sequels and um….this has to be one of the worst franchises.
I've only seen bits and pieces of the first one but it's notable for being Jeff Goldblum's first movie and he's shockingly and alarmingly evil in it compared to the jazzy scamp we all know and love.

I've only seen bits and pieces of the first one but it's notable for being Jeff Goldblum's first movie and he's shockingly and alarmingly evil in it compared to the jazzy scamp we all know and love.
Lawrence Fishburne is in the second one and he’s sleazy as hell too.

Now I want to see it, I love Jeff Goldblum. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"