The Comics' Universe RPG Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I thought this was a community. Sure, MB made the application, and he's in charge. I won't deny or somehow challenge that. But he has made the sole decision to exclude Heroes based on his own opinions. I don't see why we can't discuss it as a community and see what everyone thinks. Four people have given their input, and MB has all but shut down the discussion. I know that I, for one, am part of the RPGs because it gives me a chance to have some freedom with what I do.

That freedom is being unceremoniously denied.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Yes, the Hype is a community. But you should know by now that it's a Facist community we all play in. :cwink:

In addition to some other problems with Heroes being incorporated, I fear that people would flock to those characters, and the RPG would most likely become a Heroes RPG and not a Comics Universe RPG. I don't think the powers of the heroes matter much.

As for Transformers, I really don't see that working into this RPG. Not yet, anyway. To have this thing start and incorporate other solar systems seems dicey. Plus, as MB mentioned, the TF RPG wouldn't get approval. (Though, I doubt it will any time soon anyway).

I think I missed my shipment of testosterone pills. Either that or all you male PMSers are missing your ****ing midol. It's a game. MB wants it his way, it's HIS application. If someone can come up with a scenario that would make the Heroes characters viable, he is NOT averse to hearing it. So either man up and actually post something worth reading that would make him change his mind, or ****ing write your own RPG application where YOU get to make the rules. Christ.
That's exactly what I'm f***ing talking about! This is an RPG, not a fan-fiction. If the Hype is somehow turning into a place where such-and-such is HIS game or HER game, I may need to seriously reconsider the unhealthy amount of time I dedicate to this place.

See, I thought this was a community. Sure, MB made the application, and he's in charge. I won't deny or somehow challenge that.

Yet you have been, this entire discussion. :huh:

But he has made the sole decision to exclude Heroes based on his own opinions.

And even so, I originally didn't think Fables would fit into this world either. JB managed to change my mind without resorting to insult my character as a gamemaster. Just because I say I'm excluding it doesn't mean that cannot be changed, as many universes did end up being allowed when they originally weren't. Heroes can very well possibly fit into this category.

I don't see why we can't discuss it as a community and see what everyone thinks. Four people have given their input, and MB has all but shut down the discussion.

But what are we discussing now, at this very moment? :huh:

You're acting like I threw down a hammer over a gavel and declared it forbidden. I did no such thing. I simply said no argument has been made to change my mind about allowing the characters into this universe, but I'm still open to hearing those arguments.

I know that I, for one, am part of the RPGs because it gives me a chance to have some freedom with what I do.

Yet there are still rules, and still guidelines for every single game. You simply don't agree with this one.

In addition to some other problems with Heroes being incorporated, I fear that people would flock to those characters, and the RPG would most likely become a Heroes RPG and not a Comics Universe RPG. I don't think the powers of the heroes matter much.

As for Transformers, I really don't see that working into this RPG. Not yet, anyway. To have this thing start and incorporate other solar systems seems dicey. Plus, as MB mentioned, the TF RPG wouldn't get approval. (Though, I doubt it will any time soon anyway).
I don't see that happening at all, actually. This universe is expansive enough that I think character selection would be pretty spread out.

I don't see that happening at all, actually. This universe is expansive enough that I think character selection would be pretty spread out.

And, yet, you simply must play a Heroes character, despite how expansive the universe is.

Wait, no. No, no, no. Lemme guess. It's a matter of principle.

And, yet, you simply must play a Heroes character, despite how expansive the universe is.

Wait, no. No, no, no. Lemme guess. It's a matter of principle.
As I said before, I don't know about all these independent comics. Oh, wait. I forgot. You only read the comments that you can be a**hole-ish about. :up:

And what MB said is what I'm getting at. We have rules in other RPGs. Obviously Marvel characters are not allowed in the WoH RPG. "But zomg, that's limiting so much, and with them allowed, it would open up so many possibilities!!!111!!"

I don't see you complaining about that. Make an ACTUAL ARGUMENT, EB. Not just *****ing and moaning cuz you can't have things your way.

You know I love you, all of you, but honestly? You people take this **** way the **** too seriously. It's a GAME. It is not real life. If you find yourself getting angry, offended, and frustrated because of a GAME and the people in it, I think you need to take a break. That's just not healthy. These people don't matter. Sure, you like playing here, but honestly? How much impact does this site have on your life? And if you answer "a really big one" then you need some help.

Even friends have disagreements and arguments. Agree to disagree. As I stated before, MB even said if you could successfully post an argument that would show him a scenario where fitting Heroes into the equation would be beneficial to the RPG then he would reconsider allowing those characters in.

So make a real case, not just "Well your rules are stupid and piss me off."

Okay, this has gone on long enough.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, back off.

No one needs to post anything else, because it's bordering on flaming both ways. Let's take a break and work this out like adults.

Heroes Continuity

Years after the assassination attempt on Nathan Petrelli's life, more Heroes began to spring up all across the world. The attempt on Nathan's life was to preserve their secrets, keep them from being known to the world. But people's minds aren't programmed, they think and feel independently. It is what mankind does.

All across the world, men and women with extrodinary abilities made the choice to expose themselves to the world. They went public, some using their abilities to benefit mankind, others using them to show off their immense power. The world has become aware of these powers, but as to who has them is still a mystery. Those who wish to be known come out, but those who want their privacy keep their secrets hidden.

[BLACKOUT]Knowing another attempt to keep the Heroes hidden would only cause another influx in time, those from the future stayed away from the past, lest they alter it further. [/BLACKOUT]

Heroes live among us, Villains too. They may be open and blunt with their abilities, while others stay secretive in hopes of maintaining normalcy. No matter the individual's decision, these people are out there. They live among us, just the same as everyone else; only different. Changed. Special.​

Heroes Continuity

Years after the assassination attempt on Nathan Petrelli's life, more Heroes began to spring up all across the world. The attempt on Nathan's life was to preserve their secrets, keep them from being known to the world. But people's minds aren't programmed, they think and feel independently. It is what mankind does.

All across the world, men and women with extrodinary abilities made the choice to expose themselves to the world. They went public, some using their abilities to benefit mankind, others using them to show off their immense power. The world has become aware of these powers, but as to who has them is still a mystery. Those who wish to be known come out, but those who want their privacy keep their secrets hidden.

[BLACKOUT]Knowing another attempt to keep the Heroes hidden would only cause another influx in time, those from the future stayed away from the past, lest they alter it further. [/BLACKOUT]

Heroes live among us, Villains too. They may be open and blunt with their abilities, while others stay secretive in hopes of maintaining normalcy. No matter the individual's decision, these people are out there. They live among us, just the same as everyone else; only different. Changed. Special.​
This is incredibly more coherent than anything I would have been able to put together in my state of mind.

Heroes Continuity

All across the world, men and women with extraodinary abilities made the choice to expose themselves to the world. They went public, some using their abilities to benefit mankind, others using them to show off their immense power. The world has become aware of these powers, but as to who has them is still a mystery. Those who wish to be known come out, but those who want their privacy keep their secrets hidden.

[BLACKOUT]
Knowing another attempt to keep the Heroes hidden would only cause another influx in time, those from the future stayed away from the past, lest they alter it further.
[/BLACKOUT]

See? See? Something like this was all that needed to be said. Something like this works perfectly into the universe. And it makes alot more sense than simply intergrating them as they were. This way, the univers can be modified, but still not so much that it detracts from the game.

I can even see another point for it: Rather than secretive superpowered individuals, there exist two classes of people: Those who are essentially born with powers, like the Heroes characters, and those who are given powers by freak accidents, like the superheroes pre-existing this timeline. The latter of which are public, but the former of which are not until recently. This leads into similar mechanism that mirrors mutants vs. superheroes in the Marvel universe, where they're considered different entities entirely.

This is awesome. I love it. Syn's convinced me. Heroes are no longer to be barred from the game's universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"