The Costume thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by harryoscop, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Vaibow

Vaibow Registered

I was thinking, he comes back from the dead, but doesn't don the suit, he takes it easy, slowly eases himself back into life in metropolis. We see him looking around as the city is being built, the cops are out in numbers, there are random vigilantes and 'wannabe' supermen patrolling the streets (Steel). WW makes a brief appearance, the Batman seems to be doing well in Gotham, cleaning it up. The flash, Cyborg and a Green lantern now inhabit the world. Everything has changed.

Clark has been back for about 4 months, lois and he talk about Superman, people miss him, but does he need to bring him back?

One day, clark is walking down down - his super hearing picks up screams and a distress call - Air force one is losing altitude just a mile out from Metropolis airport - clark looks around, he makes a split decision, he throws $10 bucks on a cash register and pulls off the stand a souvenir Superman T shirt... he loses his jacket and shirt, and in his make shift outfit, speeds towards the plane.
    As the plane miraculously makes an abrupt landing, emergency crew file in, news reporters hover, all they can see is a dark shadow underneath the fuselage but the light from the sun catches the s - is it really superman, is he back?

2. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Just a guy passing by

Something about these concepts I just love.

[​IMG]

3. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

i like the fleischer one :)

4. JimThompson

JimThompson Registered

I like the new costume, but when I saw this it gave me pause:

[​IMG]

I think, at day's end, what I would like to see on the big screen is the Man of steel version with the primary colors of the original.

5. DorkyFresh

DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

As much as I wanted to see them incorporate the trunks, they've already gotten rid of them in this movie-verse and it wouldn't make any sense what-so-ever to have him start wearing them now. I WOULD like to see some minor tweaks to the current suit. Bring back the oval belt buckle. Incorporate some red in the middle to break up the sea of blue in the mid section (that thin yellow belt doesn't do much) and shorten the cape to stop around his calves. Superman looks best when we can see his feet in silhouette. He's Superman...not Batman. Also, make the shield on his chest look more like the shield on the movie posters and marketing materials. They sort of did that in Batman v Superman, but not enough.

6. BMCAABY

BMCAABY Registered

I think the trunks looks stupid… both on Batman and Superman. Some things only work in the comics and that is one of them.

I want a thicker yellow belt and change the centre square to a circle.

BELT LIKE this
    [​IMG]

Maybe include some red if they can make it look good. It's not necessary.

7. Marz69

Marz69 Registered

No trunks. But I want a brighter blue. That's really all they need to change for me

8. Mightiest Mortal

Mightiest Mortal English Ghost

So true. :up:

9. Tony Gunk

Tony Gunk Clown Prince of Crime

Just use the current costume, make the blue a little brighter, and keep Snyder filters away from it and I'll be more than happy

10. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Registered

Go for a muscle look that's closer to the MOS suit than the BVS suit and give him the spit curl.

11. NeoRanger

NeoRanger Registered

Spit-curl (he'll have longer hair, anyway, in JL), brighten up the colors, fix the muscle definition a little, it looks too fake. Also, the belt; I say this every time a new costume appears, but the belt from Smallville S11 is good. Big, yellow/gold with bright red stripes. It offsets the blue and matches the yellow on the shield.

12. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

Mainly just a little brighter colors.

13. Tra-El

Tra-El Registered

As do I! It also ties in the fact that Superman, in the comics, would wear black in the S insignia to represent mourning or death. Since he died in BvS, it would be a cool nod to have a black background to honor that cannon instead of the traditional yellow. I would dig that look! I also really like the black/yellow combination on the belt.

14. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Pretty much, yeah.

F*** the trunks. Never cared.

CoolHaircut likes this.
  15. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I liked the MOS suit I liked he BvS suit; the DC drawing staff need to copy Snyder's design and put it in New 52 if that Superman ever comes back.
    I can't believe people are still whining about the trunks.

16. TheRedWraith

TheRedWraith Registered

They pretty much already have though, as Rebirth Superman is essentially wearing a modified Snyder/Wilkinson Suit mixed with elements of the very first Superman Suit.

17. MydnightPhoenix

I know they took the trunks away in the comics, but the New 52 suit looks quite ugly to me. The color is ugly and it looks like he is wearing a diaper.

18. Mightiest Mortal

Mightiest Mortal English Ghost

The Rebirth suit is much better than the new 52 one.

19. Techno Bacon

Techno Bacon Just imagine an avvy.

All it needs is red boots an it'd be literally perfect.

20. MydnightPhoenix

Yeah I've seen the new version of the suit and it is much better. I can live with the blue boots, I'm just glad they aren't brining those ridiculous trunks back.
    One thing I hope the DCEU continues is how they are doing the capes, using both CGI and a real cape; its strange to focus on this but they have produced the best capes I have ever seen in a movie.

May I ask if you are pro trunks in the comics or are you onboard the new suit in the comics?

21. TheRedWraith

TheRedWraith Registered

That is the suit I meant, the Rebirth suit looks just like the two Snyder/Wilkinson suits with one or two elements from other places, like changing the gold belt to red from the New 52 Suit and the all blue boots coming from the 1938 Superman debut suit.

22. Grootster

Grootster Dancing Tree

I hope they change his outfit at some point, I really, really don't like what he's been wearing. If they want to modernize it and remove the "underwear on the outside" look (which isn't even underwear) I'm all for it if they can come up with a cool new design, but am I the only one who feels like the lack of underwear makes it look even more like he's wearing pajamas? I get that some people like it, but I think it's one of the ugliest modern Superhero outfits. Maybe they need to give him red detailing that's not just a triangle? Surely there has to be something.

23. MydnightPhoenix

Nope doesn't look like pajamas at all. Looks like an alien inspired suit.
    There are hardly any modern superhero costumes I don't like except Scarlet Witch in Civil War.

24. Grootster

Grootster Dancing Tree

I'm sorry, but I can't see this outfit as anything but Superman in his PJs, lol. I'm certainly glad you enjoy it though, I guess it's just not my cup of tea.

25. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

The trunks worked fine in most of the movies and TV shows before Man of Steel. The problem, I think, is people have to take everything seriously so much that nothing can look silly or uncool(although humanoid trees and talking raccoons are fine and dandy with most people). It all has to be sleek and realistic. But you know what? Building a time machine out of a Delorean isn't realistic or even cool, it's more ironic than anything, but Back to the Future is still a classic and the Delorean time machine is still iconic, even if it's based around a crappy, failed sports car from over 30 years ago.

As long as it's framed right, the classic suit works. And no matter how sleek and modernized superhero suits are, people flying around in skin tight colorful costumes tossing cars at each other while being deadly serious is never going to look realistic or gritty.

#50 Lead Cenobite, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017