Sequels Luthor Again???!!!

It's crap like this that make DC the whipping boy of Marvel. Did spidey need Norman Osborn to fight in every movie? No. We've seen Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom and a version of Gobby Jr. And every movie has been very good.

Now I understand Batman rehashing the Joker. I may not like his appearance. But if you are starting over, then we gotta bring back Joker. But this????? Luthor again??? :cmad: Most of the Donner movies had Lex....and now Singer has the Donner-tunnel vision. And the funny thing is that the best version of Lex ever, has been in the STAS , JL & JLU.

This is over kill. I'm sorry that Singer doesn't read the comics. He can't possibly be a fan and not know other potential menaces like Mongul, Darkseid, Doomsday, Metallo or Brainiac.........

We see Lex on Smallville every week. He has got to be most over exposed villian ever!!

This is going to be Galactus & Tim Story all over again.

:cwink: Memphis Slim, I'm jealous. I have said that same thing, in other words of course. Folks around here start bashing me. Timm Bruce is the MAN!

Give me a break. Luthor has to be there even if he isn't the main villain. Say you have Brainiac and Metallo in the mix... Tell me you would do an ENTIRE film without Luthor being connected to either? NO WAY

Agreed. Luthor HAS to be there. The only reason anyone is sick of Luthor right now is the fact that Singer has gone with the old tired plot of "criminal Luthor" as opposed to introducing the manipulative, subversive, two-faced, "Tycoon Luthor".

Tycoon Luthor would add so much to the stories due to his public/private personas and how his conspiratorial polts are hatched under legitimate guises.

Frankly, I'm glad Luthor will always be a part...I just wish Singer would have taken him (and many other parts of the Superman franchise) in a different direction than he did.

EDIT: Need we not also look back to the last Superman they did without Luthor...Superman III..ew...:(

Agreed. Luthor HAS to be there. The only reason anyone is sick of Luthor right now is the fact that Singer has gone with the old tired plot of "criminal Luthor" as opposed to introducing the manipulative, subversive, two-faced, "Tycoon Luthor".

Tycoon Luthor would add so much to the stories due to his public/private personas and how his conspiratorial polts are hatched under legitimate guises.

Frankly, I'm glad Luthor will always be a part...I just wish Singer would have taken him (and many other parts of the Superman franchise) in a different direction than he did.

EDIT: Need we not also look back to the last Superman they did without Luthor...Superman III..ew...:(

He's a villain...not part of the supporting cast.

I wouldn't mind Luthor being in all the Superman movies if the directors would do something interesting. By far, Singer's Superman was the most vicious because he had no remorse for what he did to Superman when he stabbed him with the Kryptonite. Honestly, if something really interesting could be done with Luthor, I wouldn't have a problem with him being in every Superman movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"