The Costume thread

yup, it's exactly what they are doing, but you can take it one step further and show it as a living, organism... like I have already said a lot of your ideas have been covered before... esp in MOS where everything seems organic and produced...

But imagine a scene for you, where his suit gets broken, ripped.... exposing a forearm... then we see it 'heal' as the skin grows back over it..... now that'a cool, different and shows the organic nature..
just an idea.

This was one of the first things that I could find that explained MOS Krypton's organic like structures and from what I could tell it does seem quite different to what I am expressing with my concept. MOS seems more like an old world that Kryptonians have in a way carved into after many years of destroying the planet.

My idea is more about them being "in tune" with the life on the planet and forming an almost symbiotic relationship with the life allowing them to communicate and help one another coexist on the planet.

My suit does have self healing abilities anyway but it grows more like vines/cotton strands pulling it self together which would leave new patterns across the suit almost like scars.

You say a lot of my ideas have been covered in MOS are you just referring to the organic tech? Or have I accidentally taken other ideas?

Some images that can bring concepts to mind. Dont take these as final product but visual cues to use your imagination
[
c5b0e457768073e7b54cd7cfbba81afb.jpg
c83252d86d1ead9716f72ab313ea2ef2.jpg

Last edited:
The guy I had doing the concept art finished the piece as much as he was willing to go with what I could afford. Its still not exactly what I am envisioning but its getting close.
final 2.jpg

I kinda wanna go in the opposite direction of what has been done recently.

I want to make it closer to homemade or stripped down.

3 parts: The cape is not the heavy cape they've used for Routh and Cavill.

The boots/Underwear are closer to a boxer. Lace up boots and the trunks look like
trunks.

The bodysuit(light blue). Establish that it's two pieces. The pants have visual stitching.
The "shirt" has a couple of small snap buttons on either side of the \S/. A couple of
stitching lines around the arms/shoulders.

The boots/Underwear are closer to a boxer. Lace up boots and the trunks look like
trunks.

The bodysuit(light blue). Establish that it's two pieces. The pants have visual stitching.
The "shirt" has a couple of small snap buttons on either side of the \S/. A couple of
Yeh totally! The suit above wasn't meant to come out looking as alien as it i did. If you read up on some of my previous posts on this thread you'll come across my explanation of the suit.

Yeh totally! The suit above wasn't meant to come out looking as alien as it i did. If you read up on some of my previous posts on this thread you'll come across my explanation of the suit.
That’s probably the best non- traditional S symbol I’ve seen in fan art.

trunks.

I liked the idea that as a teenager, he was a wrestler and had a blue leotard suit, and that he's a bit of a geek, watches wrestling and asks his mum to help him make a cool suit, like an entrance suit.... cape, smallville logo...mask.... he goofs about with Lana and pals... he also has fun with flight... and it's just kids being kids... they all know the secret....
Lana is like - you can totally be a super hero with that suit and he stands there and says, in a Tongue in cheek way... 'I will fight for truth, justice... I am.... superboy' then suddenly he is startled... he hears cries.. like he has never heard before... he can't shake it... he has to go help... he flies to the town, where a house is on fire - he can hear the cries and the sirens... he beats the fire truck to it, bursts in the house and saves a family. Media just arrive, they capture this caped hero.. they stop him as he leaves.... they ask who he is... he says proudly but with a nod to his friends listening.. 'superboy'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"