Sequels Luthor Again???!!!

K

knoxmx5

Oh goodie, another movie with Lex Luthor as the villian. Give me a break! do we have to see Lex in EVERY Superman movie? I know he is Supe's arch nemesis, but I got bored with that story 19 movies ago!

I would rather see a movie with Superman thwarting street thugs than another Luthor movie.

Am I alone here?

Give me a break. Luthor has to be there even if he isn't the main villain. Say you have Brainiac and Metallo in the mix... Tell me you would do an ENTIRE film without Luthor being connected to either? NO WAY

I'm sure if they tried hard enough they could make a good Superman movie without Lex.

Oh no man. Dear God say it ain't so.. More Lex...

:eek:

I'm sure if they tried hard enough they could make a good Superman movie without Lex.

But would anyone see it? Lex Luthor is part of Superman, and he's actually one of the best parts of the cast. The Man vs. God angle is a very potent one.

I'd be disappointed if Lex wasn't around in some capacity. He doesn't always have to be the main heavy, but he should make his presence known.

Luthor is OK for the sequel - I'm assuming he will have a secondary role like he did in Superman 2 and will serve as a coduit of sorts for the conflict between Superman and the other main villian of the movie (presumably Brainiac). I am hoping that Luthor will be updated in some way to make him more serious. It doen'yt have to be Lex Corp Luthor (although that would be cool) but I can see him in the way that Kevin Smith first had him - as a contact for an alien threat.

You all can forget about Lexcorp. It aint happenin.

Oh goodie, another movie with Lex Luthor as the villian. Give me a break! do we have to see Lex in EVERY Superman movie? I know he is Supe's arch nemesis, but I got bored with that story 19 movies ago!

I would rather see a movie with Superman thwarting street thugs than another Luthor movie.

Am I alone here?

he can be in the movie and not be the main villain, ala magneto in X2

If he is secondary, that might be alright by me (not that my opinion matters). I was very disappointed in the first film, aside from the airlplane rescue which was Excellent.

I hope they have more scenes involving Supes and ordinary criminals. Those are always fun to watch.

Though I agree with others, that Brainiac will probably be the villian, I would love to dee Darkseid.

Hey stop
smdrug1.gif
, next you'll be wanting them to be creative, and have artistic vision.

Oh god does NO ONE pay attention of course Lex Luthor's gonna be in the movie but people seem to have short memories, they already said there would be an Alien villain, jesus some people are stupid.

The "Movie Lex" is a goofy idiot who is a charade of the comic version. In the comics, Lex is to Superman what the Joker is to Batman. One can't be without the other and they're constantly testing each other.
Still, Batman had 4 movies without the Joker, just because that dynamic was never portrayed that way. (Maybe this time!?)

Lex may have been in a lot more movies as a villain but he's not necessary to Superman's life like he is in the comics. The whole God vs Man angle was never even touched other than some goofy lines Luthor threw at Supes. There's really no need to have this guy in every Superman movie and I highly doubt the public gives a crap about it if he actually dies the next time. "Movie Dr. Doom" is a bigger genuis and more appealing threat than this baldheaded lunatic.

It's crap like this that make DC the whipping boy of Marvel. Did spidey need Norman Osborn to fight in every movie? No. We've seen Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom and a version of Gobby Jr. And every movie has been very good.

Now I understand Batman rehashing the Joker. I may not like his appearance. But if you are starting over, then we gotta bring back Joker. But this????? Luthor again??? :cmad: Most of the Donner movies had Lex....and now Singer has the Donner-tunnel vision. And the funny thing is that the best version of Lex ever, has been in the STAS , JL & JLU.

This is over kill. I'm sorry that Singer doesn't read the comics. He can't possibly be a fan and not know other potential menaces like Mongul, Darkseid, Doomsday, Metallo or Brainiac.........

We see Lex on Smallville every week. He has got to be most over exposed villian ever!!

This is going to be Galactus & Tim Story all over again.

It's crap like this that make DC the whipping boy of Marvel. Did spidey need Norman Osborn to fight in every movie? No. We've seen Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom and a version of Gobby Jr. And every movie has been very good.

Now I understand Batman rehashing the Joker. I may not like his appearance. But if you are starting over, then we gotta bring back Joker. But this????? Luthor again??? :cmad: Most of the Donner movies had Lex....and now Singer has the Donner-tunnel vision. And the funny thing is that the best version of Lex ever, has been in the STAS , JL & JLU.

This is over kill. I'm sorry that Singer doesn't read the comics. He can't possibly be a fan and not know other potential menaces like Mongul, Darkseid, Doomsday, Metallo or Brainiac.........

We see Lex on Smallville every week. He has got to be most over exposed villian ever!!

Damn straight! :word:

I agree with absolutely every thing you said. Well put and well stated. :up:

Yup.

+1000000000000 points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"