The Costume thread

Never really been a fan of Superman having an alien tech suit. Christopher Reeve had a proper looking Superman suit and it was just spandex.

Supes is a simple guy. His costume doesn't need to be overly complex. It's simplicity is disarming. Seeing Henry Cavills bulging muscles in metallic chainmail looking armour looks aggressive and intimidating. I'd be scared to be saved by that guy.

By 'homemade' I don't mean proto or shoddy, I just mean made with earth based materials.

9c55cd65b884696f403dc108ba6e2b1e.jpg
Any reservations about being saved/rescued by an 'alien' could be offset by a re-assuring smile or nod. That was actually something Cavill was great at.

Yeah. Would have worked even better with a ‘stache though

superman_reboot_concepts_by_bunk2.jpg

I think these gifs here, especially with Thor and his vibrant red, are the best argument for showcasing how good a mid-length cape can look.
source.gif

source.gif

Trunks can stay or go (though I personally don’t mind)

Last edited:
They should modernise him by giving him a jockstrap

superman_reboot_concepts_by_bunk2.jpg

I think these gifs here, especially with Thor and his vibrant red, are the best argument for showcasing how good a mid-length cape can look.
source.gif

source.gif

Trunks can stay or go (though I personally don’t mind)
I like that calf length cape in the concept art there.

I asked for blue grey Batman so I’ll test my luck and say just update Reeves with a Tar Heel blue and red cape at calf length.

There are some good things going on with this suit.

I would get rid of the MOS pattern on the body, I dont mind the golden clasps.

The briefs section deff needs work and should be physical rather than printed on the way it is here but over all I think its a pretty solid costume

Not a design that I like, but it is good for a fully CGI Superman movie.

wtcs4qgujwe41.jpg

SMs9QDq.jpg

His cape looks like a Flag, lol.

Edit: this could be a great costume for alternate Earth - Evil Superman or Injustice Superman though as it is more stylized like Homelander from "The Boys".

Alien...
Yeah, the belt is off. I like the colors but it's a bit bulky. Needs to be flatter and a little thinner.

I dig this, but I don’t really want that on screen. BUT... I do like the idea of getting creative with the \S/ rather than going with its most standard form.

has anyone thought about ditching the shield and having it engraved into the fabric, like the shading behind on the chest...

I would basically go with this:

p8ku9etujxyy.jpg

Still feels classic but manages to pull of the lack of trunks. I'd like to see them go back to something that looks relatively basic in the vein of Reeve's costume.

I am hoping I will be able to show off my Superman suit design in the coming weeks that I have created for my Comic.

I'll explain it a little bit first. So I always enjoyed the home made suit and the alien suit is why not have both. In my story Krypton is very much a bio organic mechanical type planet.

The people of Krypton are in a way in tune with all living life on the planet and a big part of that is the plant life. Kryptonians minds can sync with the plants and vice versa to help create structures and forms such as ships or housing in a way. It's not too much like Avatar but I can see how people would make the connection.

So basically Clark from a young age has a jumper Knitted for him by Pa Kent and on this jumper is the symbol we all know and love. What does it mean? For the Kents, Clark was the special person that came into their lives and changed it for the better he was their superboy and now he is their Superman. Clark holds onto this jumper after leaving home as it holds a very special meaning to him.

Clark eventually creates his fortress of solitude in a dense area of the jungles in india which creates a version of krypton there. Strange alien plants and flowers bloom, bio illuminesent at night and even some of the alien creatures that once inhabited krypton move around.

On the night that Clark creates his FOS he empties his bag out to find a sketch pad so he can draw down some of the bizarre plants he can see. He eventually falls asleep, while asleep the plants DNA and fibers merge with his jumper, it is able to see the importance of this jumper to Clark and so it creates an even stronger version that is mixed with Krypton plant DNA. Clark wakes up the next morning basically to his new suit that is both alien and earth made.

I am hoping I will be able to show off my Superman suit design in the coming weeks that I have created for my Comic.

I'll explain it a little bit first. So I always enjoyed the home made suit and the alien suit is why not have both. In my story Krypton is very much a bio organic mechanical type planet.

The people of Krypton are in a way in tune with all living life on the planet and a big part of that is the plant life. Kryptonians minds can sync with the plants and vice versa to help create structures and forms such as ships or housing in a way. It's not too much like Avatar but I can see how people would make the connection.

So basically Clark from a young age has a jumper Knitted for him by Pa Kent and on this jumper is the symbol we all know and love. What does it mean? For the Kents, Clark was the special person that came into their lives and changed it for the better he was their superboy and now he is their Superman. Clark holds onto this jumper after leaving home as it holds a very special meaning to him.

Clark eventually creates his fortress of solitude in a dense area of the jungles in india which creates a version of krypton there. Strange alien plants and flowers bloom, bio illuminesent at night and even some of the alien creatures that once inhabited krypton move around.

On the night that Clark creates his FOS he empties his bag out to find a sketch pad so he can draw down some of the bizarre plants he can see. He eventually falls asleep, while asleep the plants DNA and fibers merge with his jumper, it is able to see the importance of this jumper to Clark and so it creates an even stronger version that is mixed with Krypton plant DNA. Clark wakes up the next morning basically to his new suit that is both alien and earth made.
sounds like the ideas created in the Snyder verse and then expanded upon....

personally... I like the idea of his kryptonian suit getting trashed and his mum making a temporary suit.... which is closer to the old school comic accurate suit then for the sequels star labs create his super suit.. or the fortress.

sounds like the ideas created in the Snyder verse and then expanded upon....

personally... I like the idea of his kryptonian suit getting trashed and his mum making a temporary suit.... which is closer to the old school comic accurate suit then for the sequels star labs create his super suit.. or the fortress.

I have seen MOS and cant really see how it sounds like the ideas from that. Krypton was a very bleak looking planet from what I remember, I dont recall them using flora to build their tech and we never got any real explanation as to how their outfits are created which is really what my post was mostly about. MaAndPa.jpg

I have seen MOS and cant really see how it sounds like the ideas from that. Krypton was a very bleak looking planet from what I remember, I dont recall them using flora to build their tech and we never got any real explanation as to how their outfits are created which is really what my post was mostly about. View attachment 37397
Snyder went into great detail how machines etc were organically grown and how certain craft looked like insects, how the birth matrix looked like the female reproductive system... how the inside of the vessel looked organic, basically everything was artificially grown.

Snyder went into great detail how machines etc were organically grown and how certain craft looked like insects, how the birth matrix looked like the female reproductive system... how the inside of the vessel looked organic, basically everything was artificially grown.
Ahhh right. Must have missed that. Was that stuff in a book or making of video?

I'll have to try find him talking about it.

Ahhh right. Must have missed that. Was that stuff in a book or making of video?

I'll have to try find him talking about it.
Behind the scenes, making of, all those featurettes... also, you only have to watch to see it being organic in nature...

images.jpeg images-1.jpeg images-2.jpeg Mos029_med_hr.jpg

Sneaky pic of the costume I'm getting designed for my comic. It's not finished yet. View attachment 37664

Greatest of respect, the look doesn't sit well for me, it looks symbiotic, the boots are totally in contrast to the rest, makes his legs look long... in live action it won't look as cool and It will look very alien... very burtonesque, power rangers style...

I personally want a reboot where he doesn't have a suit, then something happens and he makes a suit, homemade, with his mom's help.... maybe he saves a kid from an orphanage/hospice and the kid is like, wow you are a super hero like in my comics - can you come back and see me? and Clark decides to visit him and the kid has drawn a suit for him... so he decides to make one and visit him... to make his dream come true... but then gets called out to action and he makes this crazy great save, in this suit.... which he never really intended on wearing... which obviously makes huge news as its official there is a superman and he's more than an urban legend...

Star labs gets in touch, want to to do tests on him, work together etc - test his speeds, powers etc and they make him a suit... same style just more professional....

I actually have a neat idea of the suit... but, it's quirky and will share another day.

Greatest of respect, the look doesn't sit well for me, it looks symbiotic, the boots are totally in contrast to the rest, makes his legs look long... in live action it won't look as cool and It will look very alien... very burtonesque, power rangers style...

I personally want a reboot where he doesn't have a suit, then something happens and he makes a suit, homemade, with his mom's help.... maybe he saves a kid from an orphanage/hospice and the kid is like, wow you are a super hero like in my comics - can you come back and see me? and Clark decides to visit him and the kid has drawn a suit for him... so he decides to make one and visit him... to make his dream come true... but then gets called out to action and he makes this crazy great save, in this suit.... which he never really intended on wearing... which obviously makes huge news as its official there is a superman and he's more than an urban legend...

Star labs gets in touch, want to to do tests on him, work together etc - test his speeds, powers etc and they make him a suit... same style just more professional....

I actually have a neat idea of the suit... but, it's quirky and will share another day.
Yeh I totally see what you are saying. It is just concept art for now..i plan on removing the growing symbiotic parts on the neck and wrists and making it more like a jumper. But the idea is that it is earth and krypton combined. It's meant to look a bit more alien plant looking than oozing liquid type. I'm still all for the bioilluminesense in the suit as its part of my kryptonian world. I think in context it will make more sense. But Yeh can't please every fan.

Yeh I totally see what you are saying. It is just concept art for now..i plan on removing the growing symbiotic parts on the neck and wrists and making it more like a jumper. But the idea is that it is earth and krypton combined. It's meant to look a bit more alien plant looking than oozing liquid type. I'm still all for the bioilluminesense in the suit as its part of my kryptonian world. I think in context it will make more sense. But Yeh can't please every fan.
How about if it's scales...like small, chain link, you see it grow over him like nano tech- very similar to MOS suit.. we see an awesome shirt rip where the skin has nano tech wave over him... that be cool.

How about the cape is man made - that was always his touch... a beautiful red cape...

How about if it's scales...like small, chain link, you see it grow over him like nano tech- very similar to MOS suit.. we see an awesome shirt rip where the skin has nano tech wave over him... that be cool.

How about the cape is man made - that was always his touch... a beautiful red cape...

Isn't that essentially what they were trying to achieve with the MOS suit with the chain mail like texture? For my story chain mail doesn't really fit in the way the suit is created. Something more organic but also not so symbiote looking.

Isn't that essentially what they were trying to achieve with the MOS suit with the chain mail like texture? For my story chain mail doesn't really fit in the way the suit is created. Something more organic but also not so symbiote looking.
yup, it's exactly what they are doing, but you can take it one step further and show it as a living, organism... like I have already said a lot of your ideas have been covered before... esp in MOS where everything seems organic and produced...

But imagine a scene for you, where his suit gets broken, ripped.... exposing a forearm... then we see it 'heal' as the skin grows back over it..... now that'a cool, different and shows the organic nature..
just an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"