The Costume thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by harryoscop, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Superark The Purveyor of Good

Best Superman adapted costume ever?

2. Tg11 Registered

I would love the black suit

3. FunkMiller Failed Experiment

Easily. It’s ridiculous how much better it is than anything else, other than possibly Reeves’s suit.

titansupes and Vaibow like this.
  4. Vaibow Registered

Honestly, with a movie budget, to reproduce this suit, its aesthetics, would be easy.. with the way a movie is shot, the filters, angles etc and you would have an amazing suit.

Plus, if it's taken seriously, if the pants are not addressed.. it's a man that flies... then ofcourse the suit works.

5. MAN O STEEL ONE BAD DAY!

6. Vaibow Registered

If that was presented to us as the next live action superman.... i would take it...

7. Ita-KalEl Registered

Yes if there is the "S" on the Cape.
    "S" on the cape has to be absolutely a must in the future Superman suits.

8. Kirmit Big Green Machine.

I think the only thing I’d change is to give the “S” some texture or detail like Cavill’s suit.

9. Boom I got nothin'

There's beauty in simplicity.

Maze and Astro13Zombie like this.
  10. B [insert witty comment]

The Routh KC outfit is very nice, it's simple, it's classic & that's why it's so well recieved. I don't understand if they could make a suit as good as that, how did they end up with the monstrosity that is the Tyler Hoechlin suit? Which literally looks exactly what it is, a suit made on a TV budget & timeframe whereas the KC outfit looks to have a bit more quality to it.

Also shows you how good Routh could have looked in SR if he wasn't bogged down by such a terrible suit.

The only things I'm not a fan of is the S having no texture, the boots which are dreadful & don't match the rest of the outfit & finally I don't think I actually like the trunks anymore.. I mean they'll always be classic I think the general look of Cavill's suit without the trunks looks a lot less dumb.

If they swapped the S out for the MoS version & swapped the boots for the tights look MoS also went for that would literally be a quality Superman suit fit for film.

11. TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

I was thinking the other day that it would be cool is the next Superman movie used the KC symbol to help differentiate it from any previous version.

12. Boy Scout Registered

I love the shield (it’s without a doubt my favorite out of all the ones we’ve seen from the live action Supermen) and the fact that it’s smooth. The briefs I could honestly do without, but they’re classic Superman. If I could change anything about the outfit, it’d be the boots. They’re godawful. Cavill’s are definitely the best.

13. Astro13Zombie Registered

That suit is incredible.
    I really like the way they did the shield.

14. Boom I got nothin'

Honestly, I think the trunks works for Superman. The campy nature of the costume is disarming and makes him seem more approachable, which is what you'd want to come across as if you're a god-like being that could level entire continents in a matter of minutes.

It's hard to explain. When I look at the MoS suit, it certainly comes across as more modern, but it also comes across as more alien. So it plays into the sort of fear and paranoia people had about him in MoS/BvS. The classic costume, trunks and all, give him a more Earth-y vibe.

And from a pure design perspective, it takes care of the problem of the suit looks like a pair of blue onesie pajamas.

15. Boy Scout Registered

Don’t get me wrong; they’re fine. I’ve just gotten used to them being gone, and they look a tad silly to me now that they’re back. Not my preference, but hardly a dealbreaker.

As for the other stuff: you’re not exactly wrong, but I’m not bothered by any of it. Superman is an alien and he is wearing a one piece (like a lot of other characters, human or otherwise, in science fiction).

16. batman44 Go Speed GO

Iron Head's KC suit is really well done, though the boots are pretty bad and I think the trunks are a bit big.

17. Astro13Zombie Registered

First his trunks were too small in returns.
    Now they’re too big.
    Will people ever be satisfied? :o

18. Superark The Purveyor of Good

One of the things I appreciate the most about this KC costume is the muscle suit and shading. It's subtle yet powerful in it's display. Every bit of it flows.

The Cavill suit went overboard with muscle proportion that it felt cartoonish. By the time Justice League came, the muscle shading became ridiculous and comical. By the end, it looked like an fake and clearly showed it was a muscle suit.

Astro13Zombie likes this.
  19. batman44 Go Speed GO

There is a middle ground.

20. Lone Non-playable character

The middle ground would be having Superman wear the Borat swimsuit.

21. ifriedrice Registered

JL Style Kingdom Come Superman with Brandon Routh Manip-1-Poster-SM.jpg

22. Sterling Archer Registered

I'd be interested to see a Superman with lace-up boots. I think it gives the costume more of a rugged, Earth-made quality. I always prefer Supermans costume to be homemade, and I like the idea that he just walked into a store and bought a pair of boots, instead of having extremely specific shaped customs. You could make the laces white or yellow to add a touch of brightness.

[​IMG]

23. Boy Scout Registered

Not a fan.

Astro13Zombie likes this.
  24. Jochimus Autobot Slacker

Eh...I could see WB starting a new franchise by having him do the homemade thing at first, but even for a first movie I can't imagine they'd keep him looking like that for the whole thing, and even if it were Yet Another Version Of The Origin.
    I can see them doing something similar to how The New 52 started Action Comics, though: have him start the movie with something he roughed together (though admittedly, I'd lean more toward the Fleischer-S "Truth" get-up)...
    4573760-ac sketch 2.jpg
    then later expose him to alien tech that leads to him getting a "proper"-looking Superman suit...
    RCO048.jpg

25. Sterling Archer Registered

Never really been a fan of Superman having an alien tech suit. Christopher Reeve had a proper looking Superman suit and it was just spandex.

Supes is a simple guy. His costume doesn't need to be overly complex. It's simplicity is disarming. Seeing Henry Cavills bulging muscles in metallic chainmail looking armour looks aggressive and intimidating. I'd be scared to be saved by that guy.

By 'homemade' I don't mean proto or shoddy, I just mean made with earth based materials.

[​IMG]

#125 Sterling Archer, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019