The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Working on reply. Writing muse is being a ***** :argh:

Alright, it's 1:30 am now and I have to work tomorrow... But I swear, I will GET OFF MY BUTT AND POST SOMETHING TOMORROW! *Shakes fist to the heavens*

Okay so I just had the realization there was a paragraph missing from my post...just edited it in.

Ugh... Sorry about that last post. It was late and... well, far from my best effort.

Ugh...

I'm 100% sure I'll have a post up tonight.

Create a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: Officer KeithRobertson

Alias: R.O.C. (Robot Officer Centurion)

Speech Color
Courier New Red (Keith), Orange (R.O.C.)

Character Alignment: Hero

Identity: Secret

Character Personality: Keith Robertson is dedicated to the people he protects and to the LHPD. Duty will almost always override anything including his own safety. If you befriend Keith, he is a friend for life unless you break the law or his trust. Then it would take quite a bit for him to forgive you for the wrongs you have done. He is a gentlemen and a hopeless romantic even though a very few women have given him time of day or night for a date. He has two ‘loves’ in his life, his motorcycle and kickboxing\boxing he has perfected.

Uniform/costume: He looks almost like an ordinary LHPD cop. His top is blue with a badge over his heart area. The legs are black while his arms are grey. His head looks like a blue bike helmet with the front visor.

Origin Info/Details: Keith was an ordinary officer of the bike unit for LHPD. His skills at riding including stunt driving though surpassed anything that the LHPD instructors have ever seen including the professional motorcycle stunt drivers. He has served faithfully for 10 years in the LHPD and 8 years in the bike unit. On one of his days off, he drives around on his Honda bike enjoying the beautiful sunny day. Unknown to him, one of the criminals he put in prison six months ago got out that day and sought revenge. The criminal launched a rocket at Keith but stumbled backwards as it launched. Instead of a direct hit, the rocket landed a few feet in front of Keith. The explosion was enough to send both Keith and the motorcycle flying into the air. Keith landed several yards away onto an empty part of the street. His motorcycle landed in pieces a few feet away. The last thing he saw was someone in white running up to him. He couldn’t feel or sense anything below his neck. When he woke up, he was in some sort of hi-tech room with doctors and others around him. They explained to him that his legs were severally damaged and have several cybernetic implants replacing or helping torn tissue. His upper portion didn’t suffer as much damage with the exception of the damaged spinal column at the base of his neck. To help with the damaged nervous system, the doctors implanted a chip connecting his brain to the rest of his body. If he didn’t have the chip implanted, he would be paralyzed neck down. Even if he did have the chip, his legs were so badly messed up that he would be in a wheel chair if it wasn’t for the cybernetic implants. To prove their point, the doctors had him get up from the table he was on. He was able to walk and do everything he usually done including his kickboxing\boxing mix. All of a sudden, he felt a slight jolt in his neck and back and he fell on the floor not able to move at all. This perplexed him and was told that it was a kill switch in the chip. This appalled him that the doctors would put this kind of safety measure in him. He asked why and a man who he knew quite well stepped into the room. It was his former cycle instructor from the police academy. To Keith’s dismay, the guy said it was his idea to put in the fail safe program. The Special Program director was too concern of Keith falling into the wrongs hands and being used against them if someone found out about the chip and in turn make Keith an unwilling slave by manipulating the chip and his body. The Director knew that Keith’s heart was in the right place and hence why he was selected for this program but they still had to cover their bases. Then the Director turned off the kill program and Keith was able to get back up as if he just slipped. Keith was also told that there was a tracking device installed in him somewhere but wasn’t told where. The Director told Keith that it was a huge gift to give a man who would have been at the mercy of people waiting on him hand and foot the ability to still walk and be independent. Then the Director took Keith on a brief tour of the facilities and the last stop was the garage. There Keith saw the most beautiful machine he ever laid eyes on. The motorcycle was long enough for two people to sit comfortably on it. Then the Director told the machine to activate and the engine revved and all sorts of lights flashed on. It was a bit noisy but then the Director told it to change modes. Keith wondered what that meant but in a second he quickly saw what the Director meant. The bike transformed into a ten foot robot that was black with silver lines going down the arms and outside of its legs with red eyes. There was a badge very similar to the LHPD badge over where its heart should be. Then the Director explained that Keith will become a very unique part of the bike unit and of the LHPD. The robot\bike would be bound to him and him to it.

Hero Type (Select one): Hi-Tech (Hi-techs are characters who use mostly robotic\cybernetic\advanced technology for their powers. Iron Man and Robocop would be well known ones.)

Power Level (Select one below):

2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific): Keith is a master at kickboxing and regular boxing to the point of being able to mix the two quite well and switch between the two styles without thinking about it. With the enhancements, he can leap ten feet off the ground and run much faster then ordinary human. He has an uncanny ability to “read the road” and drive accordingly which helps him with his extraordinary driving ability. He doesn’t have this as well while driving a car or truck or other enclosed vehicle. His arms didn’t get any real enhancement but still has the speed he developed in his kickboxing and boxing skills. His battle suit is what allows him to connect to R.O.C. and gives him night vision. It also acts like body armor able to withstand most regular bullets and bladed weapons. It would save him from a direct grenade blast but be severally damaged. Keith has a built in communication in his helmet with R.O.C. that extends for ten miles. He can also call anyone he knows up to 5 miles unless he goes through more standard radio towers. The range extends greatly if he is using R.O.C. as his personal tower. Keith can get out of his suit but the cybernetics in his legs are permanent.

R.O.C.: This creation of Special Projects of LHPD has a limited A.I. It can communicate with anyone and has what would be considered average human intelligence. It can connect to any data port on a computer or terminal. The weapons it has on it varies and is very adaptable. Some of the standard weapons are Gatling guns (one each side), rocket launcher (left side), grenade launcher (right side), and carries any small hand held weapons that Keith would want to use. If Keith lays down on his stomach flat onto the seat, R.O.C. can extend the normal windshield all the way down covering Keith’s feet. This would act as a heavy duty shield and also allow them to travel up to 200 MPH on land. However, going this fast would have a tendency to drain power levels if it was for extended duration. R.O.C. is heavily armored in both bike and robot mode. Keith is able to merge with R.O.C. when R.O.C. opens up his chest section. Cables extend out connecting to ports on his legs, arms, small of the back and on the location of the chip. The cables help guide Keith into R.O.C. This unites the two entities like never before allowing both to basically share minds. However, this is also when R.O.C. is most vulnerable if someone got a really good or lucky shot into the hollow before Keith gets in there. If such a shot does happen, it would severally cripple R.O.C. if the ammo was a rocket or a grenade.

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: Normal Human (Keith), 80 (R.O.C.)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30 (Keith alone), 50 (R.O.C. form)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3 hours

Agility: 5X (Keith and R.O.C.)

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Mastered (kickboxing\boxing)

Resources: Average

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses The kill switch in his chip would shut him down. R.O.C. requires a 24 hours to fully recharge if drained completely. Once drained, the transformation no longer works and if transformed into robot mode, it would revert to bike mode. The longer that Keith and R.O.C. are connected, the more symbiotic the relationship becomes including sharing pain even though that is more on Keith’s side then R.O.C. If something major happens to either one, it would incapacitate Keith and would put R.O.C. into protect and rescue mode only to get Keith out of whatever mortal danger is threatening his life. This could put R.O.C. into dangerous situations that it would normally be able to handle but ignore or handle poorly. EPG are very dangerous to R.O.C. and Keith since their systems haven’t been modified yet to withstand them.

Supporting Characters: LHPD

List a few reasons why you've created that character: This character has been in the back of my mind for ages and have yet to see light of paper in my view point. As far as I know, there isn’t any character like this in this RPG.

What can you bring to the RPG?: If allowed, a new hero type for power origins.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: yes

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):
It was Monday and Keith was on his usual patrol on R.O.C. It was still strange being what he was now. He was glad to still be alive and able to serve the LHPD and in somewhat of his former capacity but being a cyborg was odd. He was thankful that he really didn’t have much of a social life and not too close to his family who so happen to be across country. As he was driving, he noticed a car parked illegally. Usually he didn’t give out parking citations but he was still technically able to so he started filling out the ticket. As he was almost done with it, he looked up when R.O.C. alerted him to odd looking men coming out of a bank a block away. Upon further examination, it became very clear they just got done robbing the bank. The group of five guys came running at him and to his surprise started shooting at his direction. Keith dropped to the ground forgetting that his new suit could withstand the small caliber rounds they were shooting.

“Do you want me to shoot at them or launch something?”

“No, ROC, we don’t want to kill them. Let me see what I can do. Give me the .45mm that you have. I do prefer the smaller weapons but the Director thinks I need a bigger gun now. One thing that my martial training had taught me is that it isn’t how big you are but knowing to use what you do have.”

R.O.C. gently launches out the gun next to Keith. He then stands up pointing his gun at the five men who were almost on top of them. They laugh as they point their assault rifles and shotguns at him.

“What does a lone bike cop expect to do? It is five against one and we have the bigger guns. You might as well drop the gun and we might let you live. If not, it is your funeral.”

“I’ve came close to dying once. It wasn’t fun but I doubt you five will be putting me that close again.”

“Oh look, we have a funny one here. Maybe he is a comedian on his off days. I hope it pays better then the cop job because it may be all he has left when we are done with him.”

With a quick jerk of his left hand, Keith shoots the back passenger tire shredding the tire, damaging the wheel and cutting the brake line causing brake fluid to ooze out. The car quickly dropped onto the now destroyed tire with a loud crunch causing more damage to back wheel. He then ducks expecting to be shot at and lunges at the center guy. To his surprise, the five thugs were too shocked at his action and also cussed him out at damaging their getaway car that he was able to take down the middle guy with ease. Keith then tossed his gun back at R.O.C.’s general direction letting the gun slide next to the front wheel. Keith then started on the other four by kicking one in the gut with his left leg causing that one to drop automatically. The next target he grabbed the gun and butted it against the thug’s head knocking him out. The two remaining thugs still being in shock did not dare fire in such close corners. This hesitation is all Keith needed to extend his arms fully out and hitting both in the face giving them an early afternoon nap. By the time he walked back over to pick up his gun, he heard sirens coming down from the bank. He waved a couple of the cars over to himself and they arrested the five men. Keith got onto R.O.C. and continued his usual patrol.

Character you have created: Officer KeithRobertson
Alias: R.O.C. (Robot Officer Centurion)

Speech Color Courier New Red (Keith), Orange (R.O.C.)

Character Alignment: Hero

Character Personality: Keith Robertson is dedicated to the people he protects and to the LHPD. Duty will almost always override anything including his own safety. If you befriend Keith, he is a friend for life unless you break the law or his trust. Then it would take quite a bit for him to forgive you for the wrongs you have done. He is a gentlemen and a hopeless romantic even though a very few women have given him time of day or night for a date. He has two ‘loves’ in his life, his motorcycle and kickboxing\boxing he has perfected.

Uniform/costume: He looks almost like an ordinary LHPD cop. His top is blue with a badge over his heart area. The legs are black while his arms are grey. His head looks like a blue bike helmet with the front visor.

Origin Info/Details: Keith was an ordinary officer of the bike unit for LHPD. His skills at riding including stunt driving though surpassed anything that the LHPD instructors have ever seen including the professional motorcycle stunt drivers. He has served faithfully for 10 years in the LHPD and 8 years in the bike unit. On one of his days off, he drives around on his Honda bike enjoying the beautiful sunny day. Unknown to him, one of the criminals he put in prison six months ago got out that day and sought revenge. The criminal launched a rocket at Keith but stumbled backwards as it launched. Instead of a direct hit, the rocket landed a few feet in front of Keith. The explosion was enough to send both Keith and the motorcycle flying into the air. Keith landed several yards away onto an empty part of the street. His motorcycle landed in pieces a few feet away. The last thing he saw was someone in white running up to him. He couldn’t feel or sense anything below his neck. When he woke up, he was in some sort of hi-tech room with doctors and others around him. They explained to him that his legs were severally damaged and have several cybernetic implants replacing or helping torn tissue. His upper portion didn’t suffer as much damage with the exception of the damaged spinal column at the base of his neck. To help with the damaged nervous system, the doctors implanted a chip connecting his brain to the rest of his body. If he didn’t have the chip implanted, he would be paralyzed neck down. Even if he did have the chip, his legs were so badly messed up that he would be in a wheel chair if it wasn’t for the cybernetic implants. To prove their point, the doctors had him get up from the table he was on. He was able to walk and do everything he usually done including his kickboxing\boxing mix. All of a sudden, he felt a slight jolt in his neck and back and he fell on the floor not able to move at all. This perplexed him and was told that it was a kill switch in the chip. This appalled him that the doctors would put this kind of safety measure in him. He asked why and a man who he knew quite well stepped into the room. It was his former cycle instructor from the police academy. To Keith’s dismay, the guy said it was his idea to put in the fail safe program. The Special Program director was too concern of Keith falling into the wrongs hands and being used against them if someone found out about the chip and in turn make Keith an unwilling slave by manipulating the chip and his body. The Director knew that Keith’s heart was in the right place and hence why he was selected for this program but they still had to cover their bases. Then the Director turned off the kill program and Keith was able to get back up as if he just slipped. Keith was also told that there was a tracking device installed in him somewhere but wasn’t told where. The Director told Keith that it was a huge gift to give a man who would have been at the mercy of people waiting on him hand and foot the ability to still walk and be independent. Then the Director took Keith on a brief tour of the facilities and the last stop was the garage. There Keith saw the most beautiful machine he ever laid eyes on. The motorcycle was long enough for two people to sit comfortably on it. Then the Director told the machine to activate and the engine revved and all sorts of lights flashed on. It was a bit noisy but then the Director told it to change modes. Keith wondered what that meant but in a second he quickly saw what the Director meant. The bike transformed into a ten foot robot that was black with silver lines going down the arms and outside of its legs with red eyes. There was a badge very similar to the LHPD badge over where its heart should be. Then the Director explained that Keith will become a very unique part of the bike unit and of the LHPD. The robot\bike would be bound to him and him to it.

Hero Type (Select one): Hi-Tech (Hi-techs are characters who use mostly robotic\cybernetic\advanced technology for their powers. Iron Man and Robocop would be well known ones.)

2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific): Keith is a master at kickboxing and regular boxing to the point of being able to mix the two quite well and switch between the two styles without thinking about it. With the enhancements, he can leap ten feet off the ground and run much faster then ordinary human. He has an uncanny ability to “read the road” and drive accordingly which helps him with his extraordinary driving ability. He doesn’t have this as well while driving a car or truck or other enclosed vehicle. His arms didn’t get any real enhancement but still has the speed he developed in his kickboxing and boxing skills. His battle suit is what allows him to connect to R.O.C. and gives him night vision. It also acts like body armor able to withstand most regular bullets and bladed weapons. It would save him from a direct grenade blast but be severally damaged. Keith has a built in communication in his helmet with R.O.C. that extends for ten miles. He can also call anyone he knows up to 5 miles unless he goes through more standard radio towers. The range extends greatly if he is using R.O.C. as his personal tower. Keith can get out of his suit but the cybernetics in his legs are permanent.

R.O.C.: This creation of Special Projects of LHPD has a limited A.I. It can communicate with anyone and has what would be considered average human intelligence. It can connect to any data port on a computer or terminal. The weapons it has on it varies and is very adaptable. Some of the standard weapons are Gatling guns (one each side), rocket launcher (left side), grenade launcher (right side), and carries any small hand held weapons that Keith would want to use. If Keith lays down on his stomach flat onto the seat, R.O.C. can extend the normal windshield all the way down covering Keith’s feet. This would act as a heavy duty shield and also allow them to travel up to 200 MPH on land. However, going this fast would have a tendency to drain power levels if it was for extended duration. R.O.C. is heavily armored in both bike and robot mode. Keith is able to merge with R.O.C. when R.O.C. opens up his chest section. Cables extend out connecting to ports on his legs, arms, small of the back and on the location of the chip. The cables help guide Keith into R.O.C. This unites the two entities like never before allowing both to basically share minds. However, this is also when R.O.C. is most vulnerable if someone got a really good or lucky shot into the hollow before Keith gets in there. If such a shot does happen, it would severally cripple R.O.C. if the ammo was a rocket or a grenade.

Strength Level: Normal Human (Keith), 80 (R.O.C.)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 30 (Keith alone), 50 (R.O.C. form)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 3 hours

Agility: 5X (Keith and R.O.C.)

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Mastered (kickboxing\boxing)

Resources: Average

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses The kill switch in his chip would shut him down. R.O.C. requires a 24 hours to fully recharge if drained completely. Once drained, the transformation no longer works and if transformed into robot mode, it would revert to bike mode. The longer that Keith and R.O.C. are connected, the more symbiotic the relationship becomes including sharing pain even though that is more on Keith’s side then R.O.C. If something major happens to either one, it would incapacitate Keith and would put R.O.C. into protect and rescue mode only to get Keith out of whatever mortal danger is threatening his life. This could put R.O.C. into dangerous situations that it would normally be able to handle but ignore or handle poorly. EPG are very dangerous to R.O.C. and Keith since their systems haven’t been modified yet to withstand them.

Supporting Characters: LHPD

List a few reasons why you've created that character: This character has been in the back of my mind for ages and have yet to see light of paper in my view point. As far as I know, there isn’t any character like this in this RPG.

What can you bring to the RPG?: If allowed, a new hero type for power origins.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: yes

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):It was Monday and Keith was on his usual patrol on R.O.C. It was still strange being what he was now. He was glad to still be alive and able to serve the LHPD and in somewhat of his former capacity but being a cyborg was odd. He was thankful that he really didn’t have much of a social life and not too close to his family who so happen to be across country. As he was driving, he noticed a car parked illegally. Usually he didn’t give out parking citations but he was still technically able to so he started filling out the ticket. As he was almost done with it, he looked up when R.O.C. alerted him to odd looking men coming out of a bank a block away. Upon further examination, it became very clear they just got done robbing the bank. The group of five guys came running at him and to his surprise started shooting at his direction. Keith dropped to the ground forgetting that his new suit could withstand the small caliber rounds they were shooting.

“Do you want me to shoot at them or launch something?”

“No, ROC, we don’t want to kill them. Let me see what I can do. Give me the .45mm that you have. I do prefer the smaller weapons but the Director thinks I need a bigger gun now. One thing that my martial training had taught me is that it isn’t how big you are but knowing to use what you do have.”

R.O.C. gently launches out the gun next to Keith. He then stands up pointing his gun at the five men who were almost on top of them. They laugh as they point their assault rifles and shotguns at him.

“What does a lone bike cop expect to do? It is five against one and we have the bigger guns. You might as well drop the gun and we might let you live. If not, it is your funeral.”

“I’ve came close to dying once. It wasn’t fun but I doubt you five will be putting me that close again.”

“Oh look, we have a funny one here. Maybe he is a comedian on his off days. I hope it pays better then the cop job because it may be all he has left when we are done with him.”

With a quick jerk of his left hand, Keith shoots the back passenger tire shredding the tire, damaging the wheel and cutting the brake line causing brake fluid to ooze out. The car quickly dropped onto the now destroyed tire with a loud crunch causing more damage to back wheel. He then ducks expecting to be shot at and lunges at the center guy. To his surprise, the five thugs were too shocked at his action and also cussed him out at damaging their getaway car that he was able to take down the middle guy with ease. Keith then tossed his gun back at R.O.C.’s general direction letting the gun slide next to the front wheel. Keith then started on the other four by kicking one in the gut with his left leg causing that one to drop automatically. The next target he grabbed the gun and butted it against the thug’s head knocking him out. The two remaining thugs still being in shock did not dare fire in such close corners. This hesitation is all Keith needed to extend his arms fully out and hitting both in the face giving them an early afternoon nap. By the time he walked back over to pick up his gun, he heard sirens coming down from the bank. He waved a couple of the cars over to himself and they arrested the five men. Keith got onto R.O.C. and continued his usual patrol.

Approved

Would it be ok for me to post even though I haven't fully caught up with reading the ingame thread? I'm on page six and it is going to take me a bit. I'm also interested in chatting ingame with the Citizen\Mayor of Lost Haven if the character still exists.

Would it be ok for me to post even though I haven't fully caught up with reading the ingame thread? I'm on page six and it is going to take me a bit. I'm also interested in chatting ingame with the Citizen\Mayor of Lost Haven if the character still exists.

Unfortunately, I think most of the characters who began the season are now AWOL. If you want to catch up on what's happening, I'd suggest skipping ahead to...oh, probably page 18 or so?

Or you could read the handy-dandy sum-up I am about to write. Ready? Okay, go!:

Basically, the government organization STRIKE is out to subdue the metahuman "threat." Led by Alexander Anderson, STRIKE has launched a campaign against the metahuman population, using propaganda and forced violence to turn public opinion against the mutants, and specifically the Guardians - the group of metas responsible for saving the world from alien invasion last season.

With resentment growing in the court of public opinion, Anderson has now stepped up his attack, turning squadrons of meta-fighting androids loose on the city with the apparent goal of detaining trouble-making metas and keeping the streets safe for everyone else.

Meanwhile, in the biochemical research labs deep in the belly of STRIKE's headquarters, the ambitious sociopath Dr. Teufel and the misguided but well-meaning Dr. Walter Kennedy are barreling down on a discovery that will change the game for everyone. Using results attained from Kennedy's research with the meta now known as Pinup, the pair are perilously close to reproducing metahuman powers. After several botched attempts at creating a stable mutation, Teufel is desperate for positive results, and believes Kennedy's research may hold the key.

The Guardians, the heroes of the story, have recently assembled at their own headquarters, where an all-night siege by STRIKE gave way to dissent among the ranks. Michael, the painter turned archangel and his friend Matt - AKA the Blue Blur, have had a disagreement that has left their friendship on rocky ground. Michael has sought comfort in the arms of Flux, an alien heroine who usually resides in California. He has recently received news he will be going to hell to stop the apocalypse. It is uncertain yet if a hand basket will indeed be involved.

Kensei is somewhere in the headquarters, no doubt doing something zen. Starlight is also somewhere, though the zenness of her actions is not as certain.

Icon is returning from Japan, where he conveniently spent time re-routing lava flow from a volcanic eruption long enough for Nitemare Shape to get some serious party-time in on his vacation to California. After revealing his alter-ego Scott Morse to the Guardians, he finds himself caught between his feelings for his girlfriend Keira, and his need to help Pinup, a former medical research assistant who got her powers from a self-injected serum in the 1940s, and whose DNA is currently being studied by STRIKE through the help of her former friend and colleague Dr. Kennedy. Keira doesn't trust Pinup, who is still learning to master her dangerous psychic ability, and accidentally attacked Scott's nightclub The Hub, where Keira was performing.

In the most recent Icon post, Anderson has waylaid Icon on his way back from Japan, saying he needs to talk to him. I'm not sure what they're talking about, but it's unlikely Anderson wants to set him up on any blind dates.

After a blowup between Pinup and the socially awkward (and currently malodorous) Vigilante, the ageless heroine left the safety of the Guardians HQ, in hopes of finding her car. She succeeded not only in finding her car, but also running in to two of Anderson's brand new droids. Conveniently, driven by guilt and quite possibly one of Chekov's guns, Vigilante has decided to trail her, accompanied by the Youngster for backup. Stepping in on the confrontation between Pinup and the droids, the pair have managed to destroy one droid. Unfortunately, Vigilante has also managed to injure Pinup (are we entirely sure it was accidental?)

And I *believe* that should get you caught up on the main arc. There are also a few new characters who are searching to be included into the main arc, and I'm not sure anyone has gotten a hold of them.

So Swarm, Acrobat, Sumo, and anyone else I may have neglected - if you're still interested in getting in to the main plot, feel free to give any of the players a shout, and we'll figure out the best way to get you involved. Right? Right! Now I better hop to and write a post IC.

Character you have created: Angela Thornsberry
Alias: Jessica (the Vampire) Vanders

Speech Color:
Courier New Pink (human Angela) Courier New Plum (Vampire Angela)

Character Alignment: Walking the Line

Character Personality: Angela is very shy and prefers burying her face into books no matter what they are as long as they are interesting. She prefers stories and histories but will pick up the occasional scientific journal if it involved archeology or geology. If she isn’t in her room, she is in the library even if she has no homework or any real reason to be there. Most people don’t even notice her since she is behind a stack of books a couple feet high and few feet across. Socially she is very inept even if she is in a room of co-workers or classmates that she’s known for several months. Down deep she always longed to be the more athletic and outgoing type but with some bad incidents back in Jr. High and high school, she stayed away from the social aspect. Some would say she is even a recluse since she is rarely seen going to places besides work and the occasional shopping. She tries to make friends but is so much in her own shell that very few people think she is interesting enough to hang out with. Over the course of time, she may have had maybe half friends and one good friend. She has yet to date and as far as she is concern, has no chance ever unless something miraculous or drastic happens to her. Her family is of middle class.

Jessica is the other half of Angela, the repressed desires to be the party woman and well liked to the point of being very much a flirt. This half is the vampire half who does have the more typical urges for blood that a normal vampire would crave. Jessica isn’t afraid to be around anyone especially the guys. She would also challenge anyone to a physical or sport like event to prove her. It wouldn’t be abnormal for her to be at a couple of clubs per night depending on when the clubs open and closed. If none of the clubs are open or appeal to her, she would go to the bar scene but despises the much older guys hitting on her when they are drunk.

Uniform/costume: Angela is of small build with a medium frame and 110 lbs 5’ 2” at best. She usually wears t-shirts and jeans like most 23 year old women do. Her job only has a brown vest for any uniform and her name tag. Angela is blue eyed with blonde hair down to her shoulders and average attractiveness.

Jessica, on the other hand, is red brown eyed with red hair down to the middle of her back. She is 135 lbs with the same frame but a medium build and a very evident hour glass figure along with very toned muscles. Jess enjoys the mid thigh skirts and mid rift showing shirts that are v-cut down a couple inches into the valley of her breast. Quite often the sleeves are very short if exist at all. Her preferred color for the top is black while the skirts are purple to navy blue to black. If someone is able to get enough light on her, her skin has a slight blue tint to it and her eyes are more of a deep red then the reddish brown. It isn’t anything for almost all the guys to turn their heads and stare for several seconds when she walks in once they notice her.
Origin Info/Details: Mystic\Supernatural

Power Level (Select one below): Street level (initially)

Powers (Be Specific): As Angela, she has a certain empathic ability where she can sense the motivations of others. She will later develop a knack for reading, understanding, and casting arcane\occult spells. Unknown to Angela, when dusk comes, she turns into Jessica. During this time, Angela thinks she is simply asleep and does get drowsy as dusk comes closer.

Jessica, being the vampire half, has the slightly above strength close to one who works out regularly but not to the extent of a body builder, slightly above average dexterity, and most notably a certain charm that almost any guy has trouble resisting. It is unknown if this is chemical or a form of hypnosis. She also has the standard fangs. Jessica has yet to experience any hovering or flying ability but is possible but very likely being a new ‘creation’ she has yet gather enough strength from any feeding. One unique thing she does have is if she feeds on a more attractive woman, Jessica will gain beauty by having shinier hair or fuller lips or more curves depending on the woman she feeds on. When dawn approaches, Jessica gets weak even if she fights it. This is when she reverts to Angela who has no memory of what Jessica had done during the night.

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 2 hours

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Genius

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Minimal

Weaknesses: Angela\Jessica is a split personality and neither have much recollection of the other. Jessica doesn’t have access to the vast intelligence that Angela has nor really has any interest since all Jessica wants is to party in whatever fashion that may be. If Jessica or Angela is in an awkward position when the sun comes up or down, they could be in danger since it takes a few seconds for either to come to and realize where they are. They both blame sleep walking for the different locations they “wake up” in.

Supporting Characters: Hagath, now going by Holly, is a woman who appears to be early 40’s and a very well built woman. She will eventually be Angela’s instructor in the arcane arts and will slowly reveal Angela’s true past to her.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I never played a vampire type character or a were-vampire as this probably is called. I also find myself to be socially awkward in real life so might be interesting to see how it would play out in a game like this.

What can you bring to the RPG?: a mixture of arcane\supernatural bit and maybe the first vampire character

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: technically yes

Angela sneaks another glance at Victor behind the counter. The assistant manager of Odd Collections Bookstore is a cute 5’8” blonde fine built early 20s guy who flirts with almost any woman who walks into the store. It seems that Angela is one of the few exceptions to that rule. She doesn’t know if it is because she a co-worker or simply lack of interest. Very likely it is more of the latter then the former as is the way with every guy Angela has ever met. Angela then returns to her dusting, organizing, and straightening the books on the shelves. It isn’t a bad job for $8.00\hr especially she when she can sneak in the occasional glance at her cute co-worker wishing that he would bestow even a fraction of the attention he gives the women customers. All she hears from him is commands to clean this or get that book or put this book there. Her attention isn’t drawn back towards the front counter and door until the bell above the door rings whenever a customer walks in. Out of habit, Angela looks over and sees an attractive older woman walk in with a good sized book in hand. The woman sets the book on the counter and looks at Victor’s name tag.

“Hmm, I can’t read the cover. What kind of book is this?”

“OH, Assistant Manager Victor, it is a book that would fit in here quite nicely. You see, it is indeed very odd and old. It pains me to depart with it but I simply running out of room in my own library. I’ve sold off several other books to various book stores and to my surprise made a decent amount of money. You see, most of my books are what some would consider antiques. The hard part is finding stores that not just understand what I have to sell but must have the right people in the store who would appreciate the books. This book didn’t like any of the other places that I sold the rest at but definitely had a connection to this one. Once I saw your sign, I knew it was right in choosing this place. Now, what will you give me for such rare artifact?”

Victor stares at the book dumb founded but when he looks slowly up at Holly taking his sweet time from the book and counter all the way from her waist to her large bosom then up to her face, he smiles and has the usual glean in his eyes when he notices a beautiful woman. He then picks up the book which he struggles for a moment to lift and then takes a step backwards almost falling over onto his back. Luckily he regains his footing as he turns the book over in his hands

“I think I will give you $10 but no more. I’m very uneasy buying a book even from such a beautiful woman such yourself if I can’t understand the cover.”

“Would you then let me do a trade then, my dear Victor?”

Victor’s face reddens a little when the woman called him ‘dear’ Victor. He then places the book down back onto the counter.

“A trade, for a gorgeous woman likes you? I believe I could swing that even though it isn’t usual store policy if I have troubles understanding the cover. Amanda, come here and take this book for this customer.”

Angela walks over to the counter with dust rag in hand. She puts the rag down onto a stool next to the counter.

“It is Angela, not Amanda, Victor.”

“It is Assistant Manager Victor to you and I’ll call you whatever I want to. Now take this book and show this lady whatever she wants to look at.”

Angela takes the book and the woman follows her to the back of the store. Angela looks at the cover and is surprised. Then she looks back at Victor and slowly shakes her head.

“I don’t know why he had troubles reading the cover. It is in English and the letters are large enough that an almost blind person could read it.”

“My young Angela, one has to be open to different languages and possibilities in order to read this book. You, my friend, are such a person while your assistant manager is so full of himself that the only thing he is interested in is looking at women and drool. He isn’t worth your time or effort. Now, let me see what other books you have that may peak my interest.”

Angela is taken back by what the customer had said about her and her crush on Victor. She then starts putting the book in the occult section by alphabetical order. The customer scans the books starting with ancient history and then goes over to the ancient languages.

“May I be so bold to ask your name? This may sound strange but you really don’t sound or look like our more usual customers. If I would have to guess, your outfit would come from the Baltic region of Europe during the 1300s.”

“So I was right in thinking that you had a brain in that head of yours after all, Angela Thornberry. You still need to train your heart but that will take time and effort. As for my name, it is Holly Warshink in this time but you can call me Hagath. I can tell that you have a very natural gift for the unusual even more then your ancestors have had. Yes, you are definitely a young woman with great potential indeed. Ah, this book on Ancient European Baltic region will do. It is always good to find a book about your old home especially one that starts post Roman era. Way too many people focus on Rome and a little bit of its fall and then the Byzantine Empire but not much after that.”

Holly takes her new book and walks on out waving it in front of Victor as she exits the door. Angela stares at her as she walks out wondering what the world she was talking about. Victor shakes his head and then notices what time it is.

“Hey Ashley, it is 5:30 and I need to get out of here for my date. You know what to do to close up the shop at 6:00. I probably won’t be in tomorrow morning until 11. That means you get to open up the store with what is his name at 8. Don’t be too surprised that I come in later than that. It might be one of those nights.”

Victor walks out the door not even looking back at Angela. She then turns back towards the books knowing that they won’t ever abandon her or feel like she is anything less then some random name. Maybe this Hagath was correct and Victor with all of his looks she would simply be wasting her time chasing after him. Then the book that Hagath dropped caught Angela’s eyes again and she pulled it out. Angela starts thumbing through it and comes to a page. The words had a faint glow to them and Angela starts to mouth a few of the words. The more she read and mouthed, more excited she got because it was a spell for great beauty. Somehow the words’ meanings made sense to her even though the literal meaning didn’t make sense. She rereads the words but louder.

“Hedra sala ohe zeula”
(She who wants beauty)

“Gwour dhelia fah cour”
(Can have her greatest desire)

“Tola quer swala vehna”
(If she is willing)

“Lilla prit wada beeni”
(To offer own self)

“Ou tre vehna”
(I am willing)

“Ou tre vehna”
(I am willing)

“Ou tre vehna”
(I am willing)

After the second reading, the letters glow a bright red and a red mist comes from the book becoming a cloud around her. Angela waves her hand trying to the mist away and then it goes back into the book just as quick as it came out. She shuts the book and puts it back scratching her head wondering what just happen. Then she shrugs and goes to check the time. It is 6:15 and knows she’ll hear it from Victor when or more likely if he comes in tomorrow for keeping the shop open the extra 15 minutes. She does the usual closing routine and shuts off the lights as she walks out the door locking it. The sun was starting to go down and Angela pulls up her jacket to shield herself from the slight wind during the fall early evening. She then heads home and upon reaching her humble apartment, slumps on top of her bed and find her suddenly asleep.

Unfortunately, I think most of the characters who began the season are now AWOL. If you want to catch up on what's happening, I'd suggest skipping ahead to...oh, probably page 18 or so?

Or you could read the handy-dandy sum-up I am about to write. Ready? Okay, go!:

Basically, the government organization STRIKE is out to subdue the metahuman "threat." Led by Alexander Anderson, STRIKE has launched a campaign against the metahuman population, using propaganda and forced violence to turn public opinion against the mutants, and specifically the Guardians - the group of metas responsible for saving the world from alien invasion last season.

With resentment growing in the court of public opinion, Anderson has now stepped up his attack, turning squadrons of meta-fighting androids loose on the city with the apparent goal of detaining trouble-making metas and keeping the streets safe for everyone else.

Meanwhile, in the biochemical research labs deep in the belly of STRIKE's headquarters, the ambitious sociopath Dr. Teufel and the misguided but well-meaning Dr. Walter Kennedy are barreling down on a discovery that will change the game for everyone. Using results attained from Kennedy's research with the meta now known as Pinup, the pair are perilously close to reproducing metahuman powers. After several botched attempts at creating a stable mutation, Teufel is desperate for positive results, and believes Kennedy's research may hold the key.

The Guardians, the heroes of the story, have recently assembled at their own headquarters, where an all-night siege by STRIKE gave way to dissent among the ranks. Michael, the painter turned archangel and his friend Matt - AKA the Blue Blur, have had a disagreement that has left their friendship on rocky ground. Michael has sought comfort in the arms of Flux, an alien heroine who usually resides in California. He has recently received news he will be going to hell to stop the apocalypse. It is uncertain yet if a hand basket will indeed be involved.

Kensei is somewhere in the headquarters, no doubt doing something zen. Starlight is also somewhere, though the zenness of her actions is not as certain.

Icon is returning from Japan, where he conveniently spent time re-routing lava flow from a volcanic eruption long enough for Nitemare Shape to get some serious party-time in on his vacation to California. After revealing his alter-ego Scott Morse to the Guardians, he finds himself caught between his feelings for his girlfriend Keira, and his need to help Pinup, a former medical research assistant who got her powers from a self-injected serum in the 1940s, and whose DNA is currently being studied by STRIKE through the help of her former friend and colleague Dr. Kennedy. Keira doesn't trust Pinup, who is still learning to master her dangerous psychic ability, and accidentally attacked Scott's nightclub The Hub, where Keira was performing.

In the most recent Icon post, Anderson has waylaid Icon on his way back from Japan, saying he needs to talk to him. I'm not sure what they're talking about, but it's unlikely Anderson wants to set him up on any blind dates.

After a blowup between Pinup and the socially awkward (and currently malodorous) Vigilante, the ageless heroine left the safety of the Guardians HQ, in hopes of finding her car. She succeeded not only in finding her car, but also running in to two of Anderson's brand new droids. Conveniently, driven by guilt and quite possibly one of Chekov's guns, Vigilante has decided to trail her, accompanied by the Youngster for backup. Stepping in on the confrontation between Pinup and the droids, the pair have managed to destroy one droid. Unfortunately, Vigilante has also managed to injure Pinup (are we entirely sure it was accidental?)

And I *believe* that should get you caught up on the main arc. There are also a few new characters who are searching to be included into the main arc, and I'm not sure anyone has gotten a hold of them.

So Swarm, Acrobat, Sumo, and anyone else I may have neglected - if you're still interested in getting in to the main plot, feel free to give any of the players a shout, and we'll figure out the best way to get you involved. Right? Right! Now I better hop to and write a post IC.

o:

What she said. :awesome:

Character you have created: Angela Thornsberry
Alias: Jessica (the Vampire) Vanders

Speech Color: Courier New Pink (human Angela) Courier New Plum (Vampire Angela)

Character Personality: Angela is very shy and prefers burying her face into books no matter what they are as long as they are interesting. She prefers stories and histories but will pick up the occasional scientific journal if it involved archeology or geology. If she isn’t in her room, she is in the library even if she has no homework or any real reason to be there. Most people don’t even notice her since she is behind a stack of books a couple feet high and few feet across. Socially she is very inept even if she is in a room of co-workers or classmates that she’s known for several months. Down deep she always longed to be the more athletic and outgoing type but with some bad incidents back in Jr. High and high school, she stayed away from the social aspect. Some would say she is even a recluse since she is rarely seen going to places besides work and the occasional shopping. She tries to make friends but is so much in her own shell that very few people think she is interesting enough to hang out with. Over the course of time, she may have had maybe half friends and one good friend. She has yet to date and as far as she is concern, has no chance ever unless something miraculous or drastic happens to her. Her family is of middle class.

Jessica is the other half of Angela, the repressed desires to be the party woman and well liked to the point of being very much a flirt. This half is the vampire half who does have the more typical urges for blood that a normal vampire would crave. Jessica isn’t afraid to be around anyone especially the guys. She would also challenge anyone to a physical or sport like event to prove her. It wouldn’t be abnormal for her to be at a couple of clubs per night depending on when the clubs open and closed. If none of the clubs are open or appeal to her, she would go to the bar scene but despises the much older guys hitting on her when they are drunk.

Uniform/costume: Angela is of small build with a medium frame and 110 lbs 5’ 2” at best. She usually wears t-shirts and jeans like most 23 year old women do. Her job only has a brown vest for any uniform and her name tag. Angela is blue eyed with blonde hair down to her shoulders and average attractiveness.
Jessica, on the other hand, is red brown eyed with red hair down to the middle of her back. She is 135 lbs with the same frame but a medium build and a very evident hour glass figure along with very toned muscles. Jess enjoys the mid thigh skirts and mid rift showing shirts that are v-cut down a couple inches into the valley of her breast. Quite often the sleeves are very short if exist at all. Her preferred color for the top is black while the skirts are purple to navy blue to black. If someone is able to get enough light on her, her skin has a slight blue tint to it and her eyes are more of a deep red then the reddish brown. It isn’t anything for almost all the guys to turn their heads and stare for several seconds when she walks in once they notice her.
Origin Info/Details: Mystic\Supernatural

Power Level (Select one below): Street level (initially)

Powers (Be Specific): As Angela, she has a certain empathic ability where she can sense the motivations of others. She will later develop a knack for reading, understanding, and casting arcane\occult spells. Unknown to Angela, when dusk comes, she turns into Jessica. During this time, Angela thinks she is simply asleep and does get drowsy as dusk comes closer.
Jessica, being the vampire half, has the slightly above strength close to one who works out regularly but not to the extent of a body builder, slightly above average dexterity, and most notably a certain charm that almost any guy has trouble resisting. It is unknown if this is chemical or a form of hypnosis. She also has the standard fangs. Jessica has yet to experience any hovering or flying ability but is possible but very likely being a new ‘creation’ she has yet gather enough strength from any feeding. One unique thing she does have is if she feeds on a more attractive woman, Jessica will gain beauty by having shinier hair or fuller lips or more curves depending on the woman she feeds on. When dawn approaches, Jessica gets weak even if she fights it. This is when she reverts to Angela who has no memory of what Jessica had done during the night.

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 2 hours

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Genius

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Minimal

Weaknesses: Angela\Jessica is a split personality and neither have much recollection of the other. Jessica doesn’t have access to the vast intelligence that Angela has nor really has any interest since all Jessica wants is to party in whatever fashion that may be. If Jessica or Angela is in an awkward position when the sun comes up or down, they could be in danger since it takes a few seconds for either to come to and realize where they are. They both blame sleep walking for the different locations they “wake up” in.

Supporting Characters: Hagath, now going by Holly, is a woman who appears to be early 40’s and a very well built woman. She will eventually be Angela’s instructor in the arcane arts and will slowly reveal Angela’s true past to her.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I never played a vampire type character or a were-vampire as this probably is called. I also find myself to be socially awkward in real life so might be interesting to see how it would play out in a game like this.

What can you bring to the RPG?: a mixture of arcane\supernatural bit and maybe the first vampire character

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: technically yes

Angela sneaks another glance at Victor behind the counter. The assistant manager of Odd Collections Bookstore is a cute 5’8” blonde fine built early 20s guy who flirts with almost any woman who walks into the store. It seems that Angela is one of the few exceptions to that rule. She doesn’t know if it is because she a co-worker or simply lack of interest. Very likely it is more of the latter then the former as is the way with every guy Angela has ever met. Angela then returns to her dusting, organizing, and straightening the books on the shelves. It isn’t a bad job for $8.00\hr especially she when she can sneak in the occasional glance at her cute co-worker wishing that he would bestow even a fraction of the attention he gives the women customers. All she hears from him is commands to clean this or get that book or put this book there. Her attention isn’t drawn back towards the front counter and door until the bell above the door rings whenever a customer walks in. Out of habit, Angela looks over and sees an attractive older woman walk in with a good sized book in hand. The woman sets the book on the counter and looks at Victor’s name tag.

“Hmm, I can’t read the cover. What kind of book is this?”

“OH, Assistant Manager Victor, it is a book that would fit in here quite nicely. You see, it is indeed very odd and old. It pains me to depart with it but I simply running out of room in my own library. I’ve sold off several other books to various book stores and to my surprise made a decent amount of money. You see, most of my books are what some would consider antiques. The hard part is finding stores that not just understand what I have to sell but must have the right people in the store who would appreciate the books. This book didn’t like any of the other places that I sold the rest at but definitely had a connection to this one. Once I saw your sign, I knew it was right in choosing this place. Now, what will you give me for such rare artifact?”

Victor stares at the book dumb founded but when he looks slowly up at Holly taking his sweet time from the book and counter all the way from her waist to her large bosom then up to her face, he smiles and has the usual glean in his eyes when he notices a beautiful woman. He then picks up the book which he struggles for a moment to lift and then takes a step backwards almost falling over onto his back. Luckily he regains his footing as he turns the book over in his hands

“I think I will give you $10 but no more. I’m very uneasy buying a book even from such a beautiful woman such yourself if I can’t understand the cover.”

“Would you then let me do a trade then, my dear Victor?”

Victor’s face reddens a little when the woman called him ‘dear’ Victor. He then places the book down back onto the counter.

“A trade, for a gorgeous woman likes you? I believe I could swing that even though it isn’t usual store policy if I have troubles understanding the cover. Amanda, come here and take this book for this customer.”

Angela walks over to the counter with dust rag in hand. She puts the rag down onto a stool next to the counter.

“It is Angela, not Amanda, Victor.”

“It is Assistant Manager Victor to you and I’ll call you whatever I want to. Now take this book and show this lady whatever she wants to look at.”

Angela takes the book and the woman follows her to the back of the store. Angela looks at the cover and is surprised. Then she looks back at Victor and slowly shakes her head.

“I don’t know why he had troubles reading the cover. It is in English and the letters are large enough that an almost blind person could read it.”

“My young Angela, one has to be open to different languages and possibilities in order to read this book. You, my friend, are such a person while your assistant manager is so full of himself that the only thing he is interested in is looking at women and drool. He isn’t worth your time or effort. Now, let me see what other books you have that may peak my interest.”

Angela is taken back by what the customer had said about her and her crush on Victor. She then starts putting the book in the occult section by alphabetical order. The customer scans the books starting with ancient history and then goes over to the ancient languages.

“May I be so bold to ask your name? This may sound strange but you really don’t sound or look like our more usual customers. If I would have to guess, your outfit would come from the Baltic region of Europe during the 1300s.”

“So I was right in thinking that you had a brain in that head of yours after all, Angela Thornberry. You still need to train your heart but that will take time and effort. As for my name, it is Holly Warshink in this time but you can call me Hagath. I can tell that you have a very natural gift for the unusual even more then your ancestors have had. Yes, you are definitely a young woman with great potential indeed. Ah, this book on Ancient European Baltic region will do. It is always good to find a book about your old home especially one that starts post Roman era. Way too many people focus on Rome and a little bit of its fall and then the Byzantine Empire but not much after that.”

Holly takes her new book and walks on out waving it in front of Victor as she exits the door. Angela stares at her as she walks out wondering what the world she was talking about. Victor shakes his head and then notices what time it is.

“Hey Ashley, it is 5:30 and I need to get out of here for my date. You know what to do to close up the shop at 6:00. I probably won’t be in tomorrow morning until 11. That means you get to open up the store with what is his name at 8. Don’t be too surprised that I come in later than that. It might be one of those nights.”

Victor walks out the door not even looking back at Angela. She then turns back towards the books knowing that they won’t ever abandon her or feel like she is anything less then some random name. Maybe this Hagath was correct and Victor with all of his looks she would simply be wasting her time chasing after him. Then the book that Hagath dropped caught Angela’s eyes again and she pulled it out. Angela starts thumbing through it and comes to a page. The words had a faint glow to them and Angela starts to mouth a few of the words. The more she read and mouthed, more excited she got because it was a spell for great beauty. Somehow the words’ meanings made sense to her even though the literal meaning didn’t make sense. She rereads the words but louder.

“Hedra sala ohe zeula”
(She who wants beauty)

“Gwour dhelia fah cour”
(Can have her greatest desire)

“Tola quer swala vehna”
(If she is willing)

“Lilla prit wada beeni”
(To offer own self)

“Ou tre vehna”
(I am willing)

“Ou tre vehna”
(I am willing)

“Ou tre vehna”
(I am willing)

After the second reading, the letters glow a bright red and a red mist comes from the book becoming a cloud around her. Angela waves her hand trying to the mist away and then it goes back into the book just as quick as it came out. She shuts the book and puts it back scratching her head wondering what just happen. Then she shrugs and goes to check the time. It is 6:15 and knows she’ll hear it from Victor when or more likely if he comes in tomorrow for keeping the shop open the extra 15 minutes. She does the usual closing routine and shuts off the lights as she walks out the door locking it. The sun was starting to go down and Angela pulls up her jacket to shield herself from the slight wind during the fall early evening. She then heads home and upon reaching her humble apartment, slumps on top of her bed and find her suddenly asleep.

Approved

OK, I think I have almost enough information to post. I just have a few more questions. What happen to the group that the Mantis was working with? It looked like a special cop unit designed to deal with Metas. How does the LHPD view STRIKE? Did STRIKE basically come in and try to take over the city with or without US Government approval?

Courtesy of sabetoonth, got a hold of some decent firey wings that I was able to mess with to come across as angel-fire wings that Archangel has:
agnusdeiarchangelredesi.png

Oh, yea, and the redesigned redesign of Pinup after Erin made that one drawing that made slightly alterations to my original design:
pinupredesign3.png

I have absolutely no artistic abilities in the way of drawing. If someone can draw me something based on what I wrote, then good. If anyone needs a start for my Jessica the Were-Vampire character, the closest to my mind is the human form of Daemona from Disney's Gargoyles. As for R.O.C., simply picture an ordinary cop uniform but a bit on the blocky side with a shine to it. Angela can be any woman in her early 20s that is small built and in a t-shirt plus jeans.

Sometimes people will create images but otherwise I just go by the uniform description of your application. When I have the time I eventually get around to making those.

Hey guys, I'll be getting some posts up in the next couple days. I had planned to post tonight but I was working on something else for the game, and I just ran out of time.

I'll also be getting my app up for a new character. I was hoping to get everything done tonight as I have a few things to take care of tomorrow, and won't be able to post until sometime Sunday...unfortunately I just ran out of time.

Yep, I'm putting together my own application for a second character as well. But since I'm moving house in a week's time I'll be holding off on putting it up here for about a week or so til I get settled.

Also means I'l be a bit limited on here for a week as well. I'll try to hold my own, and not delay anybody or anything, but it should probably still be said to make you all aware.

Character you have created: Rick Hunter

Alias: Piston

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Piston/Rick Hunter

Identity: Quasi Secret (Secret to everyone but those directly involved in the 'True Hero' Project and the S.T.R.I.K.E leadership)

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): A veteran of the global War on Terror; as well as the war to liberate the Earth from the hostile Arlaaekan forces, Rick has seen the horrors of war first hand. As a way of dealing with the things he has seen, he has developed quite the reputation of a risk taker, in both his professional and personal life. But despite his carefree and roguish persona, he has a deep sense of duty as well as a firm belief in what he is doing. Though he may question the organization he works for from time to time, he believes that the vast majority of his fellow agents are good people who are doing the right thing, and making the world a safer place for future generations. He is also a gifted mechanic, able to fix just about any mechanical device. His gift with all manners of machinery have earned him the nickname "Piston" among his peers within the organization.

Uniform/costume: Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like
nitemarecustom2.png

Origin Info/Details: After serving in the armed forces, Rick Hunter was recruited to the government agency known as S.T.R.I.K.E to serve as a field agent. His background as a decorated soldier in the US Armed Forces made him a perfect fit for the organization, and he had earned himself quite a reputation within S.T.R.I.K.E. Being a gifted agent; combined with his decorated military record, Hunter became a prime candidate for the top secret "Project True Hero," which is the organization's attempt to create it's own superhero. A hero who would use his own wits as well as advanced weaponry, and not superhuman powers to protect the people of the world. An advanced suit of armor was developed using Arlaaekan technology recovered after the failed alien invasion of Earth, and was fitted for specifically for Hunter. Shortly after being injured in the line of duty, Hunter was taken to a S.T.R.I.K.E medical lab where scientists employed by the agency implanted a neural chip at the base of the spine, which would allow him to communicate directly with the suit, essentially making it an extension of his body. With the technologically advanced suit, Rick Hunter looks to do his part to keep the civilian population safe from those whi would seek to exploit them.

Hero Type (Select one):
High tech/Muscle

World Level(Ex. Flash, Superman)

Powers (Be Specific): Flight, super strength. Through the neuro chip imbedded into the base of his spine, Rick is able to control the suit with a simple thought, making it essentially an extension of his body. The advanced alien technology which the suit is made from allows it to form a wide range of weapons and other objects just from a simple command from Hunter. The suit also has a weapons system built into both of its wrists which produce a high yield energy beam, the width and intensity can also be controlled by Hunter, enabling him to incinerate an opponent with a powerful blast, or use a pricision beam as large as a needlepoint if the need should arise.

Strength Level:20 (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: 100 MPH. (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 5 hours. (Characters at 5 hours or more fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)
Agility: 10X(Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)

Intelligence: Genius(He is very mechanically inclined, able to fix just about anything, he had been nicknamed MacGuyver in high school for his ability to create a variety of devices from everyday items.)

Fighting Skill: Mastered

Resources: Large
Weaknesses: Piston is arrogant. He is also a normal man in a high tech battle suit, without the suit he has no special abilities to speak of, aside from his gifts when it comes to anything mechanical as well as his military training.
Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?):

Dr. Miriah Mayes- Doctor employed by S.T.R.I.K.E who oversaw the the neuro chip implant. Works closely with Rick to ensure that the chip functions as designed. Also had a hand in developing the suit itself.

Agent Michael Turner- Piston's former partner and close friend.

Bailey Mallone- Rick's college girlfriend. They are no longer an item, but she is still his best friend and tries to keep him out of trouble.

Candice Silver- Rick's official handler. She is responsible for him and often acts as his spokesperson when dealing with the press. Is very conscious of his actions both in and out of the suit. She is very concerned with how his actions effect the image that S.T.R.I.K.E is trying to establish through the True Hero Project.

Marcus Ryder- Leader of Hunter's S.T.R.I.K.E unit, The Vanguard.

Misc. S.T.R.I.K.E agents and other minor characters that will be described when introduced.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: This is an idea that I've been toying with for a couple of years and would love to see it involved in this game. He's an interesting character that I think I can have alot of fun with, and I believe that I can take him in alot of interesting directions as this isn't the type of character I often play.
What can you bring to the RPG?: Another fun character...um...brownies.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yep

[FONT="]Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):[/FONT]​

"How are you feeling?" Dr. Miriah Mayes asks as she walks up to the hospital bed where Agent Rick Hunter lay, after a pair of successful surgeries.

"Like hell." Hunter says, as he looks at his heavily bandaged arm.

"Well, that's to be expected. You've been through alot."

It was true, less than twenty four hours ago, he had been clinging to life after being severely injured during an attempt to capture a potentially dangerous metahuman. His arm had been badly wounded, and he would have bled to death if it weren't for the actions of a stranger. She had kept pressure on the wound, doing her best to keep it from bleeding out. Her efforts had paid off and had kept him alive until the medics could get to him. Soon, he was back at headquarters undergoing the first of his two surgeries...the first would save his life, the second would give him a new one.

He lifts his head, reaching back to scratch the itch at the back of his neck.

"No, don't touch. You have to let it heal."

"Right." Hunter says sheepishly, feeling almost like a school boy being called to task by his teacher.

The second surgery was something else altogether. Having been chosen for S.T.R.I.K.E's new initiative, the "True Hero project," this surgery would see a small chip infused at the base of his spine. Then, the chip would act as a sort of high tech remote control, allowing Hunter to communicate with the experimental suit of armor which he would soon be wearing, controlling it as if it were an extension of his body. The surgery seems to have been a success, the chip was placed into the correct location and it seems to be functioning properly, however, the true test will come later, when Hunter puts on the suit for the first time.

"Are you experiencing any sort of discomfort-"

"Yeah, lots." Hunter answers before she finishes her question.

"In neck?"

"No, not really. Itches though."

"Well, that's normal. Now-" She is cut off when the door to Hunter's hospital room opens, and one of her collegues, Dr. Tanaka enters.

"And how is the patient?"

"He's doing well, Doctor."

"That's good to hear. I just got the call from the boys in the tech lab, it's time."

After several minutes of waiting, a nurse comes in to the room pushing a wheelchair and motions for him to get in. He looks over to Dr. Mayes as if to say "Really?", but is met only with an affirming nod. Reluctantly he climbs from his bed and plops himself down in the wheelchair, and motions for the nurse to take him away. Moments later, he is being wheeled down the pristine hallway, the smell of harsh chemical cleaners burning his nostrils. Normally, he would try making smalltalk with the nurse, or even Dr. Mayes, or anyone for that matter, but not today. Today he is too nervous. Today is the first time he will set his eyes on his new wardrobe.

They come to a stop in front of a large black doorway, an armed guard standing just in front of it. After verifying their credentials, the guard opens the door and allows them to pass through. And then he sees it for the first time, the A-Tech Battlesuit, the very suit that he will soon wear in his new assignment. He is impressed, almost at a loss for words. As he gazes on the sleek suit, there is just something about how the light reflects off the black and red armor, and he manages to say the only thing that comes to mind...

"Wicked."

Last edited:
[FONT="][U][FONT=Verdana][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Create a Hero RPG SEASON III Application[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/U][/FONT]

[FONT="]Character you have created: Rick Hunter

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]Alias: [/B]Piston[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Piston/Rick Hunter[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]Character Alignment:[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Walking the Line[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Identity: Quasi Secret (Secret to everyone but those directly involved in the 'True Hero' Project and the S.T.R.I.K.E leadership)[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Character Personality[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations)[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]: [/B]A veteran of the global War on Terror; as well as the war to liberate the Earth from the hostile Arlaaekan forces, Rick has seen the horrors of war first hand. As a way of dealing with the things he has seen, he has developed quite the reputation of a risk taker, in both his professional and personal life. But despite his carefree and roguish persona, he has a deep sense of duty as well as a firm belief in what he is doing. Though he may question the organization he works for from time to time, he believes that the vast majority of his fellow agents are good people who are doing the right thing, and making the world a safer place for future generations. He is also a gifted mechanic, able to fix just about any mechanical device. His gift with all manners of machinery have earned him the nickname "Piston" among his peers within the organization. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT="]Uniform/costume: Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT="]
nitemarecustom2.png

[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]Origin Info/Details: [/B]After serving in the armed forces, Rick Hunter was recruited to the government agency known as S.T.R.I.K.E to serve as a field agent. His background as a decorated soldier in the US Armed Forces made him a perfect fit for the organization, and he had earned himself quite a reputation within S.T.R.I.K.E. Being a gifted agent; combined with his decorated military record, Hunter became a prime candidate for the top secret "Project True Hero," which is the organization's attempt to create it's own superhero. A hero who would use his own wits as well as advanced weaponry, and not superhuman powers to protect the people of the world. An advanced suit of armor was developed using Arlaaekan technology recovered after the failed alien invasion of Earth, and was fitted for specifically for Hunter. Shortly after being injured in the line of duty, Hunter was taken to a S.T.R.I.K.E medical lab where scientists employed by the agency implanted a neural chip at the base of the spine, which would allow him to communicate directly with the suit, essentially making it an extension of his body. With the technologically advanced suit, Rick Hunter looks to do his part to keep the civilian population safe from those whi would seek to exploit them. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Hero Type (Select one):[/FONT]
[FONT="][FONT=Verdana]High tech/Muscle[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Power Level (Select one below):[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] World Level[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana](Ex. Flash, Superman)[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][B]Powers [/B](Be Specific)[B]: [/B]Flight, super strength. Through the neuro chip imbedded into the base of his spine, Rick is able to control the suit with a simple thought, making it essentially an extension of his body. The advanced alien technology which the suit is made from allows it to form a wide range of weapons and other objects just from a simple command from Hunter. The suit also has a weapons system built into both of its wrists which produce a high yield energy beam, the width and intensity can also be controlled by Hunter, enabling him to incinerate an opponent with a powerful blast, or use a pricision beam as large as a needlepoint if the need should arise. [/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[/SIZE][FONT="]Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level:20 (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]Speed/Reaction Timing Level:[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]100 MPH[B].[/B] (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: 5 hours. (Characters at 5 hours or more fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]Agility:[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] 10X(Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Intelligence: Genius(He is very mechanically inclined, able to fix just about anything, he had been nicknamed MacGuyver in high school for his ability to create a variety of devices from everyday items.)[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][B]Fighting Skill: [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Mastered[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
[FONT="]Resources: Large[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Weaknesses: Piston is arrogant. He is also a normal man in a high tech battle suit, without the suit he has no special abilities to speak of, aside from his gifts when it comes to anything mechanical as well as his military training. [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Supporting Characters [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana](Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?)[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/FONT]

[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][I]Dr. Miriah Mayes[/I]- Doctor employed by S.T.R.I.K.E who oversaw the the neuro chip implant. Works closely with Rick to ensure that the chip functions as designed. Also had a hand in developing the suit itself.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][I]Agent Michael Turner[/I]- Piston's former partner and close friend. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][I]Bailey Mallone- [/I]Rick's college girlfriend. They are no longer an item, but she is still his best friend and tries to keep him out of trouble.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][I]Candice Silver-[/I] Rick's official handler. She is responsible for him and often acts as his spokesperson when dealing with the press. Is very conscious of his actions both in and out of the suit. She is very concerned with how his actions effect the image that S.T.R.I.K.E is trying to establish through the True Hero Project.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][I]Marcus Ryder[/I]- Leader of Hunter's S.T.R.I.K.E unit, The Vanguard.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Misc. S.T.R.I.K.E agents and other minor characters that will be described when introduced.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]

[FONT="]List a few reasons why you've created that character: This is an idea that I've been toying with for a couple of years and would love to see it involved in this game. He's an interesting character that I think I can have alot of fun with, and I believe that I can take him in alot of interesting directions as this isn't the type of character I often play. [/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black][B]What can you bring to the RPG?: [/B]Another fun character...um...brownies.[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT="]Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yep[/FONT]

[FONT="]Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):[/FONT]

"How are you feeling?" Dr. Miriah Mayes asks as she walks up to the hospital bed where Agent Rick Hunter lay, after a pair of successful surgeries.

"Like hell." Hunter says, as he looks at his heavily bandaged arm.

"Well, that's to be expected. You've been through alot."

It was true, less than twenty four hours ago, he had been clinging to life after being severely injured during an attempt to capture a potentially dangerous metahuman. His arm had been badly wounded, and he would have bled to death if it weren't for the actions of a stranger. She had kept pressure on the wound, doing her best to keep it from bleeding out. Her efforts had paid off and had kept him alive until the medics could get to him. Soon, he was back at headquarters undergoing the first of his two surgeries...the first would save his life, the second would give him a new one.

He lifts his head, reaching back to scratch the itch at the back of his neck.

"No, don't touch. You have to let it heal."

"Right." Hunter says sheepishly, feeling almost like a school boy being called to task by his teacher.

The second surgery was something else altogether. Having been chosen for S.T.R.I.K.E's new initiative, the "True Hero project," this surgery would see a small chip infused at the base of his spine. Then, the chip would act as a sort of high tech remote control, allowing Hunter to communicate with the experimental suit of armor which he would soon be wearing, controlling it as if it were an extension of his body. The surgery seems to have been a success, the chip was placed into the correct location and it seems to be functioning properly, however, the true test will come later, when Hunter puts on the suit for the first time.

"Are you experiencing any sort of discomfort-"

"Yeah, lots." Hunter answers before she finishes her question.

"In neck?"

"No, not really. Itches though."

"Well, that's normal. Now-" She is cut off when the door to Hunter's hospital room opens, and one of her collegues, Dr. Tanaka enters.

"And how is the patient?"

"He's doing well, Doctor."

"That's good to hear. I just got the call from the boys in the tech lab, it's time."

After several minutes of waiting, a nurse comes in to the room pushing a wheelchair and motions for him to get in. He looks over to Dr. Mayes as if to say "Really?", but is met only with an affirming nod. Reluctantly he climbs from his bed and plops himself down in the wheelchair, and motions for the nurse to take him away. Moments later, he is being wheeled down the pristine hallway, the smell of harsh chemical cleaners burning his nostrils. Normally, he would try making smalltalk with the nurse, or even Dr. Mayes, or anyone for that matter, but not today. Today he is too nervous. Today is the first time he will set his eyes on his new wardrobe.

They come to a stop in front of a large black doorway, an armed guard standing just in front of it. After verifying their credentials, the guard opens the door and allows them to pass through. And then he sees it for the first time, the A-Tech Battlesuit, the very suit that he will soon wear in his new assignment. He is impressed, almost at a loss for words. As he gazes on the sleek suit, there is just something about how the light reflects off the black and red armor, and he manages to say the only thing that comes to mind...

"Wicked."
[/FONT]

Denied, because your use of FONT is annoying and I've gone mad with power.

Not really. APPROVED:awesome:

After reading your app for some reason i feel like bring back Spartan

What can you bring to the RPG?: Another fun character...um...brownies.

Your brownies are dry and tasteless, and I suspect come from a box.

Excuse me, I suddenly have the urge to devour everything in my kitchen... /munchies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"