The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

I'm in the process of thinking up a character for this, but I have some ideas/questions I'd like to run by before I fill out a complete application.

I'm in the process of thinking up a character for this, but I have some ideas/questions I'd like to run by before I fill out a complete application.

Ask away, friend. :woot:

Just finished taking my first exam, Carnage27 and sabetoonth, and when I'm done with my second exam is when I can attempt to get a post up. So just you know as to why I haven't posted, yet why I have been online the past few days.

Pfft, wen haz educayshun eva sollved anythink?

Prioritrees, man!

Ask away, friend. :woot:

I'm thinking of doing a private investigator character. I want him to have a low level power set that is more defensive than offensive.
[BLACKOUT]I want to give him regenerative health, and make him an empath.[/BLACKOUT] Do you think this is an ideal that could work?

^^^Honestly, this is a game where if you think it can work, you can make it work. If that's a character you want to try, go for it!

I'm thinking of doing a private investigator character. I want him to have a low level power set that is more defensive than offensive.
[BLACKOUT]I want to give him regenerative health, and make him an empath.[/BLACKOUT] Do you think this is an ideal that could work?

^^^Honestly, this is a game where if you think it can work, you can make it work. If that's a character you want to try, go for it!

What Carnage said. We've had everyone from Demi Gods to police detectives with no actual powers. If you want to try it, go for it.

Cool, thanks guys. I'll get started on the application.

Create a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: James Ambrose
Alias: None.

Speech Color: Century Gothic

Character Alignment: Walk the Line

Identity: Known

Character Personality: James was raised Catholic, but teetering more towards agnostic beliefs these days, as he sees the world change around him. He tends to throw himself head first into his cases, which often end up getting him into troubling confrontations. He was kicked out of the Police Academy for his reckless behavior, and now takes cases from just about anyone as a Private Investigator. His old friends from the Academy, serve as contacts within the Police Department.

Uniform/costume: James is in his late 30's. Brown hair and eyes. He dresses in a suit with an over coat when he is on official business.

Origin Info/Details: James has always been able to sense people's feelings his whole life. It's only within the last year that his body has started healing itself rabidly. James does not dress up and play the hero, nor is he a villain. He is an average person, who just trys to get by. His main arc will be him coming to terms with his growing powers, and how he can use them to his advantage in his job.

Hero Type (Select one):
Psychic/Supernatural

Power Level (Select one below):

1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)

Powers (Be Specific): James has regenerative health (ex: Logan), he also has empathic abilities. He can detect people's feelings, impulses and whether they are being honest or deceptive (ex: Donna Troy).

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Average

Weaknesses: Even though his injuries heal, the process does take some time. He can be slowed down through injuries and being “killed”. His body is still as weak as a normal human.

Supporting Characters: James' sister Vicki works with him in his office and is the only person who knows about his powers. Other supporting character's are his contacts within the police department. He keeps mostly to himself and is estranged from his family, (outside of his sister.)

List a few reasons why you've created that character: The idea of someone having powers that aren't as glamorous, or powerful as other heroes has always intrigued me. To see if James can have as much of an impact on the story as the other character's is something I'm excited to explore.

What can you bring to the RPG?: The excitement, and enthusiasm that comes from a new player entering an already running game.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yes

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

James slams into the side of the car door. The door buckles in and he feels his spine crumble. He falls to the ground, spitting the blood out of his mouth.

“Ow”
He sputters to himself. He picks himself up slowly, turning around and leaning against the car door. He pats around his coat pocket quickly, searching for his cigarettes. He remembers he threw them out. “Crap! I picked a hell of a day to quite smoking.”

“Ambrose!” A voice rings out from the building in front of him. A giant, bald man emerges from the doorway, a pistol in his hand, and anger in his eyes. The man spots James lying against the car. “You're gonna pay!” The giant walks forward.

“Larry, Larry...” James coughs up some more blood. “I think we got off on the wrong foot.” James holds up his hands meekly. He can already feel his injuries repairing. He just needs to stall the man.

“I want the diamonds back!” Larry growls.

“Yeah, well so does my client.”

“Now!” Larry barks thrusting the pistol out and taking aim at James.

“Alright, alright! They're in my pocket. I'm going to reach for them now.” James slowly moves on hand down and inside his inner coat pocket, grabbing his taser. “I'm taking them out now.”

James takes a deep breath and quickly pulls out his taser and fires. The two electric wires bury themselves into Larry's skull, sending his body in a spasm.

In the convulsion Larry's fingers pull the pistol's trigger, setting the gun off. The giant man collapses to the sidewalk unconscious.

James looks down at the growing red spot over his stomach. “Great.” He slowly limps over, giving in to the darkness. Hoping that he wakes up before Larry.

Create a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: James Ambrose
Alias: None.

Speech Color: Century Gothic

Character Alignment: Walk the Line

Identity: Known

Character Personality: James was raised Catholic, but teetering more towards agnostic beliefs these days, as he sees the world change around him. He tends to throw himself head first into his cases, which often end up getting him into troubling confrontations. He was kicked out of the Police Academy for his reckless behavior, and now takes cases from just about anyone as a Private Investigator. His old friends from the Academy, serve as contacts within the Police Department.

Uniform/costume: James is in his late 30's. Brown hair and eyes. He dresses in a suit with an over coat when he is on official business.

Origin Info/Details: James has always been able to sense people's feelings his whole life. It's only within the last year that his body has started healing itself rabidly. James does not dress up and play the hero, nor is he a villain. He is an average person, who just trys to get by. His main arc will be him coming to terms with his growing powers, and how he can use them to his advantage in his job.

Hero Type (Select one):
Psychic/Supernatural

Power Level (Select one below):

1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil)

Powers (Be Specific): James has regenerative health (ex: Logan), he also has empathic abilities. He can detect people's feelings, impulses and whether they are being honest or deceptive (ex: Donna Troy).

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Average

Fighting Skill: Untrained

Resources: Average

Weaknesses: Even though his injuries heal, the process does take some time. He can be slowed down through injuries and being “killed”. His body is still as weak as a normal human.

Supporting Characters: James' sister Vicki works with him in his office and is the only person who knows about his powers. Other supporting character's are his contacts within the police department. He keeps mostly to himself and is estranged from his family, (outside of his sister.)

List a few reasons why you've created that character: The idea of someone having powers that aren't as glamorous, or powerful as other heroes has always intrigued me. To see if James can have as much of an impact on the story as the other character's is something I'm excited to explore.

What can you bring to the RPG?: The excitement, and enthusiasm that comes from a new player entering an already running game.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yes

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

James slams into the side of the car door. The door buckles in and he feels his spine crumble. He falls to the ground, spitting the blood out of his mouth.

“Ow” He sputters to himself. He picks himself up slowly, turning around and leaning against the car door. He pats around his coat pocket quickly, searching for his cigarettes. He remembers he threw them out. “Crap! I picked a hell of a day to quite smoking.”

“Ambrose!” A voice rings out from the building in front of him. A giant, bald man emerges from the doorway, a pistol in his hand, and anger in his eyes. The man spots James lying against the car. “You're gonna pay!” The giant walks forward.

“Larry, Larry...” James coughs up some more blood. “I think we got off on the wrong foot.” James holds up his hands meekly. He can already feel his injuries repairing. He just needs to stall the man.

“I want the diamonds back!” Larry growls.

“Yeah, well so does my client.”

“Now!” Larry barks thrusting the pistol out and taking aim at James.

“Alright, alright! They're in my pocket. I'm going to reach for them now.” James slowly moves on hand down and inside his inner coat pocket, grabbing his taser. “I'm taking them out now.”

James takes a deep breath and quickly pulls out his taser and fires. The two electric wires bury themselves into Larry's skull, sending his body in a spasm.

In the convulsion Larry's fingers pull the pistol's trigger, setting the gun off. The giant man collapses to the sidewalk unconscious.

James looks down at the growing red spot over his stomach. “Great.” He slowly limps over, giving in to the darkness. Hoping that he wakes up before Larry.

Approved. Welcome aboard

Thanks. How public is the current battle with the droids in the city? I wanted my character to see it on the news, but I don't know if any cameras would have caught it.

I think a good rule of thumb is wherever machine guns, killer androids, and flying Studebakers are, there is almost certainly a live feed, or at the very least, several fuzzy clips taken on camera phones

I think some kind of news coverage probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

My last post might not make sense if you forget to keep in mind that Blacklight's whole universe was reborn and not just him. Everything was reset, including East city's exposure to superheroes.

Also, I intended for this story to have taken place in the near past, leading up to the present. So I'd like to ask you all: How long have your characters been operating as superheroes?

James is not based in Lost Haven, but I am going to get him there rather quickly.

And Blacklight, he does not operate as a superhero.

My last post might not make sense if you forget to keep in mind that Blacklight's whole universe was reborn and not just him. Everything was reset, including East city's exposure to superheroes.

Also, I intended for this story to have taken place in the near past, leading up to the present. So I'd like to ask you all: How long have your characters been operating as superheroes?

Isaac's been operating just over a decade, but he's only been in Lost Haven for... what? 4 to 6 months? How long ago was the invasion now?

Regardless he'd just been bouncing round as a vigilante in a far off country unknown to most of the world anyway.

Given the whole Guardians thing forming after the invasion...and how my first and long arc was his "becoming/understanding" what is is to be Archangel, and then since the Guardians have formed with the current stuff...I'd say almost 3 years?

Because the Guardians have been around about a year and a half in-game-time pretty much is something I think we can all agree on, right?

Cerberus has only been active for like 3-4 months in game time.

Pinup has only been operating as a superhero for about 24 hours in-game time. And her superhero status is still debatable.

In game about how long has it been in game since Elijah evens started? About a week after meeting the Grim Reaper he would got thrown into the "beat thugs mercilessly with his fist" gig by the old man.

Icon I'd say has been operating for about 3 and a half to 4 years in game.

I figured the Guardians were still in their first year.

Maybe second?

Between the second season and third there was only a one month jump in time.

That's what makes me think it's been less than a year since the invasion.

For the next 4 days I'll be moving house, so my time on here will be limited.

Is there a rule of thumb for the posting order? Or is it just post whenever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"