The Zombie RPG - IC Season Thread

I sigh as we move the bodies out of the way. "Sadly, I've seen worse." With the table clear, we get Jacob on it. He's pale, and looks like he's going into shock.

"We're going to have to work fast. Both of you get outside so you're not exposed to the x-rays. I'll call you back in when I'm done."

They join Kincaid outside who's been standing watch. I get Jacob in position, get behind the screen, and take a snapshot. Replacing the film each time, I take another shot, and another. Each time moving the camera or Jacob to get a clear shot.

It doesn't take long for me to get what I need, and I join the others outside. "I'll start getting these developed. It won't take long, probably half an hour. Then I'll know what I'm dealing with and can operate safely." I look around at the completely unsterile conditions. "As safely as I can."

"I'll need someone to come with me and stand watch."

"I'll do it," Kincaid says.

"Ok. I need you two to carefully move Jacob to a room and keep him warm. We'll prep him for surgery when I get back." Kincaid leads the way as I take the films down the hall and around the corner.

I think I'm breaking some kind of speed record as I develop the x-rays. "How's it coming?" Kincaid says from the other side of the door.

"Faster than I expected," I say, wiping sweat from my forehead.

"Are you serious? You've been in there forever."

I check my watch. "It's been 10 minutes. Normally you'd be lucky to get these in under an hour."

I work for a while longer and wonder how much it's driving Kincaid crazy. I still can't get over what he's done. Hell, I still want to call him Spenser. After what seems to be both the fastest, and longest, few minutes of my life, I finally get the x-rays finished.

"Done,"
I shout to Kincaid. He walks in as I put the films under the lights.

"Well?"

I study the images for a few seconds. "He's lucky. No broken bones, major organs look healthy. I thought for sure he had ruptured his spleen."

"So what do you think it is?"

I point to a blob. "He's bleeding internally. I'll have to go in and stop it."

Kincaid sighs. "How long will that take?"

"By myself, couple of hours."
I look at him. "But if I had help..."

"...sonuv*****."

I smile. "Let's get back and get Jacob ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members