No Way Home The Crowd Reactions Thread (Spoilers)

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
So, I don't think its controversial to say that this movie is Endgame level crowd pleasing. So many moments had my audiences gasping, crying and cheering. How did your crowds react and what moments got the strongest reactions??

My crowds top 5 biggest reactions:

1. Tobey reveal
2. Andrew reveal
3. Andrew MJ save
4. Matt Murdock reveal
5. Goblin first entrance

It was louder than some sporting events :D

Smaller crowd but big reaction when the portal first opens and you see the silhouette of Spider-Man with the big eyes. A lot of of “No! NO WAY!” and then cheers when Andrew took off his mask. Surprisingly he got a bigger reaction than Tobey.

And then some tears from people at the end when Parker says bye to MJ without telling her the truth.

My theater clapped at EVERYTHING but Tobey got the biggest cheer, followed by Andrew. I clapped a lot as well, but there were some moments where I just questioned it, like when Doctor Strange came back to join the fight at the end, the theater erupted in applause. I was just thinking, "Is that necessary? It's not like he hasn't been in a good deal of the movie already".

But it definitely rivaled Endgame, maybe it even surpassed that level of cheering.

I've now seen this two times and the theater reaction has been extremely exhilarating just like with Avengers Endgame. There was an aray of emotions throughout the film, applause at key moments, laughter, silence and joyous cheers for all the fan service moments.

1. Andew reveal.
2. Toby reveal.
3. Andrew saving MJ.
4. Toby being stabbed. (Couple of gasps)

Matt Murdock reveal got a reaction from a few people in the audience. I dont think everyone got it though.

I was actually really surprised at how big of a reaction Goblin got when he first appeared. I actually ended up missing Otto saying his name because people were going nuts. It was cool to see. On the flip side though, some people got obnoxious towards the end yelling things when Holland fought Goblin.

Murdock, Garfield, and Maguire all got huge reactions as expected. Garfield saving MJ made everyone go crazy.

1. Maguire
2. Garfield
3. Cox

People went nuts when Matt's walking stick appeared, not Matt himself but the stick, that I missed most of what he said. It just shoes that people do know some of these characters and they are loved.

Andrew and Tobey of course and then at Andrew when he topology his mask

Goblins laugh/pumpkin bomb at the bridge

Ottos tentacles and "Hello Peter"

Peter Parker meme in the lab people laughed hysterically

Andrew saving MJ and crying

Tobey getting stabbed - I saw the footage on YouTube and knew he would survive but i still feared he would die

I work at a local theater and during my shift, I popped in during the various showtimes to gauge the audience reactions on several scenes.

- 95% of the big, sold out auditoriums lost it when Andrew walked through the portal and took off his mask. The reaction when Tobey came two minutes after was just as potent, if maybe more enthusiastic. It was like a sporting event.
- One dipstick at the showing I went to said out loud "where's Tobey Maguire" right after Andrew steps through the portal. Needless to say, he was quiet after Tobey made his entrance.
- Some scattered sniffling during the Aunt May death scene, after Andrew saves MJ and during the final goodbye scene. At the showing I went to, the auditorium was deathly silent during the dramatic scenes.

My crowds top 5 biggest reactions:

1. Tobey reveal
2. Andrew reveal
3. Andrew MJ save
4. Matt Murdock reveal
5. Goblin first entrance

It was louder than some sporting events :D
All of these were big in my showing but there was audible surprise for Andrew’s with it coming first.

I guess everyone here knows which scenes and actors got the most cheers.... but i was surprised when even sandman got cheered. The scene where holland's spidey goes to trap electro and you see the sand moving in the background. Lots of cheers for that.

Last edited:
1. Andrew showing up
2. Maguire showing up
3. Andrew saving MJ
4. Matt showing up
5. The three Spider-Man teaming up.
6. Aunt May saying "With great powers come great responsibilities"

I got a mixture of cheers and boos at both Spidey reveals. Weird.

Biggest applause from my screening came from Green Goblin showing up. Second was Tobey and 3rd was Andrew and 4th was Matt Murdock and Doc Ock.

There was some gasping with MJ falling and a huge "woaaaa" when Tobey got stabbed.

After the movie I heard someone say they were sad that May died because she was hot lol

Garfield got a huge response even before he actually turned up. Seems like a lot of the audience had an inkling it was about to happen even though they still sounded surprised when he actually did appear.

The big moments
Matt Murdock appearance
Doctor Octopus arrival on the bridge
Green Goblin arrival
Andrew and tobey’s entrances
The three Spider-Man web-slinging together, landing on the crown of the Statue of Liberty
Spider-Man final swing above the Rockefeller center in his new homemade Vibrant Red and Blue suit.

It finally hit me how much experiencing and seeing these theater reactions remind me of old sit com laugh tracks. Especially something like Married with Children. When Bud or Al suddenly enters a room and the laugh track just starts hooting and hollering like crazy, that's what we do in MCU movies now when there is a big unveiling lol.

1. Tobey reveal.
2. Andrew reveal.
3. Cox cameo.
4. Green Goblin arrives.

Oddly my audience had zero reaction to Andrew saving MJ. I just heard one "Aww" though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"