Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Trailer #3 played in front of Star Trek Into Darkness tonight. Even better seeing it the second time in theaters. :D Much more responsive crowd than for this trailer than they were before Iron Man 3. Lot's of "this looks awesome" conversations amongst the audience.

Heads are going to roll if my theater does not show the new trailer with Fast and Furious 6 on Friday. :cmad:

FINALLY saw Trailer 3 with STID tonight. The crowd applauded (both when it first came on and at the end), but they pretty much applauded at all the trailers (Ender's Game, Elysium, maybe even World War Z. Can't remember on that one.), as well as several times during the movie itself. They were quite the happy bunch of Trekkies, lol.

I was on cloud nine, though. I was really beginning to think I'd never see that trailer on the big screen before the movie actually came out. And that Zimmer music is AMAZING with the IMAX sound system. :D

Trailer #3 played in front of Star Trek Into Darkness tonight. Even better seeing it the second time in theaters. :D Much more responsive crowd than for this trailer than they were before Iron Man 3. Lot's of "this looks awesome" conversations amongst the audience.
hi nextnolan22, where do u get your avatar from? which tv spots?

Amazing reaction to the MoS trailer#3 before STID in IMAX 3D. It was in 3D, and was one of 3 trailers shown. The audience started applauding when the trailer began and there was a huge response when the trailer ended.

All the times I have seen the man of steel trailers 1-3 in theaters with various movies the audience has mostly been dead silent or maybe a few whispers but thats it. I am personally excited for it but I think some people still have Bryan Singers LAME!!! Super Man Returns fresh in their minds. Hopefully, this movie will make Superman cool again, same way Nolan's Batman Begin did to Bats.

So, I'm a big poster on my favorite rock bands music site. I've posted in the General Discussion all of the updates about Man of Steel and Superman. I'm known there as "The Super-dude" haha.

Anyway, here is what one person just said in reply:

Saw a preview when the other half and I saw Iron Man 3, looks great! His exact whispered words after the preview.. "That looks ****ing awesome."
icon_lol.gif
Ah, great news!

Last edited:
I have a fun little story about a reaction from ONE girl whom sat behind me with her boyfriend (I presume), when I saw Star Trek 2 (very good movie imo). Anyways! The 3-minute MOS trailer came on as last of the previews. I swear this is a true one!

The trailer came on. Krypton stuff on the screen. Sending off baby Kal-El to earth. Logos (WB/DC/LEGENDARY etc) comes on. I hear this chick behind me ask her boyfriend, "what movie is this? Looks intriguing". The guy giggled a bit and replied, "Remember that fishing boat trailer you laughed at from long ago?". And she went, "No way. Is this from the same movie? The new superman movie you keep babbling about?". When the trailer ended she said to him, "Ok. I admit it. This looks really good. I wanna see that".

I just think it's great how this movie seems to turn total skeptics around, and they suddenly wanna go see it, haha. Go Superman! :-)

They showed trailer 3 with my 3d viewing of Star Trek Into Darkness (amazing movie imo). When they showed baby Kal-el I heard a bunch of girls go "aweeee" and one guy screamed out "holy sh**!" at the end of the trailer. Of course that guy was me :D

I saw The Hangover: Part III last night(not as bad a movie as I thought it was gonna be, but still not very good imo) and the "Fate Of Your World" trailer played last and oh man what a reaction it got. Lots of cheers and scattered applause. If the previous three trailers had people's curiosity, this trailer definitely got people's attention.

Another casual weighing in, who saw the latest trailer in front of "Hangover 3":

That said, the last minute, after the credits roll, is one of the funniest scenes in all three movies put together. I almost have to go back and watch it again since mine and everyone in the theater's laughing made me miss some of it. But I'll wait and not pay another $9.

I was looking forward to The Purge, but lots of negative reviews, so I'll probably wait.

I'm most psyched about Superman.

I don't get to the movies much anymore.

I saw The Hangover: Part III last night(not as bad a movie as I thought it was gonna be, but still not very good imo) and the "Fate Of Your World" trailer played last and oh man what a reaction it got. Lots of cheers and scattered applause. If the previous three trailers had people's curiosity, this trailer definitely got people's attention.

Hey! I said that first!! :argh:

:woot:

i want to see video please. I think everybody that goes see Hangover III tomorrow need to record video or audio of the reaction and post it on Youtube.

You don't get much of that anymore considering studios rarely wait until after the opening weekend to release their trailers.

You don't get much of that anymore considering studios rarely wait until after the opening weekend to release their trailers.

This. I remember the last time a bootleg for a trailer came out was for The Dark Knight Rises. Specifically, the first theatrical trailer that came out in front of Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows.

Overheard during the trailer at a theater:

"Why does Marvel always get it right and DC always get it wrong?"

No trilogy in Marvel has come close to TDK trilogy (and I say this as a Marvel fan).

No trilogy in Marvel has come close to TDK trilogy (and I say this as a Marvel fan).

Ignore that guy, he's a Marvel troll and probably made that reaction up too. No posts in over 18 months and last ones are all anti WB/DC. Just two quick examples:

On JL:

Maybe they could let the Marvel movie people do it since they generally do superhero movies better.

That would be an easy pass for me. Not a fan of the Nolan/Bale Batman or the Singer/Cavill Superman or the nuDCU.

There's way more. Just a warning to not feed the trolls. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"