The Danger Room: The X-Lounge

I personally don't like The Hellfire Gala, its a gimmick to sell more variant covers.

I stopped buying comics before the one last year because I couldn't see paying five dollars an issue for inane party scenes. What a bore.

Oh, yes. I agree with that. I just thought Kitsch did fine with what little they gave him. :)
If he meets Squeeks’ standards for Gambit then he’s doing fine. Hopefully we get an even better version in the MCU.

Honestly if 20th Century FoX knew what they were doing. They should have a made another film with the X-Men's OT original cast after X-Men: Days of Future Past, and include Channing Tatum as Gambit there, which could have led to a Gambit solo movie.

I wasn't really into a Gambit movie but if they really wanted to release 1, there were plenty of ways to make it a fruition. A movie like that didn't need to be delayed 10 times and lose a director like 3 times, especially when they had an actor for the lead role from the get go.

I stopped buying comics before the one last year because I couldn't see paying five dollars an issue for inane party scenes. What a bore.

I just love Marvel just letting their artists go have fun with various characters with a one off design.

Granted, I do pick up the books, because they are generally important and leading into the next phase. And given the next phase of Fall of X, and with all the solicits so far, this one may not be actionless.

Honestly if 20th Century FoX knew what they were doing. They should have a made another film with the X-Men's OT original cast after X-Men: Days of Future Past, and include Channing Tatum as Gambit there, which could have led to a Gambit solo movie.

I wasn't really into a Gambit movie but if they really wanted to release 1, there were plenty of ways to make it a fruition. A movie like that didn't need to be delayed 10 times and lose a director like 3 times, especially when they had an actor for the lead role from the get go.
I thought Kitsch was fine and would have liked to see what he could have done in a team film with the other X-Men. I agree that they could have tried one more OT cast film.

I thought Kitsch was fine and would have liked to see what he could have done in a team film with the other X-Men. I agree that they could have tried one more OT cast film.
Gambit would have been older though in X4, unless he aged like how Magneto and the Professor didn't age in the prequels.

Gambit would have been older though in X4, unless he aged like how Magneto and the Professor didn't age in the prequels.
True, but I wasn’t too bothered how they explained it. Would have been nice to see another one of the high profile X-Men interacting with the others and properly on the team. Also would have wanted it for @squeekness :D

True, but I wasn’t too bothered how they explained it. Would have been nice to see another one of the high profile X-Men interacting with the others and properly on the team. Also would have wanted it for @squeekness :D
I think Gambit was probably suggested earlier before X3 (Josh Holloway was approached for Gambit iirc), but didn't Bryan Singer said he was too similar to Cyclops and the Wolverine, that they didn't include him. Beast was also cut in X1 due to budget concerns.

I'd like to see Gambit right away in Marvel Studios' X-Men.

I think Gambit was probably suggested earlier before X3 (Josh Holloway was approached for Gambit iirc), but didn't Bryan Singer said he was too similar to Cyclops and the Wolverine, that they didn't include him. Beast was also cut in X1 due to budget concerns.

I'd like to see Gambit right away in Marvel Studios' X-Men.
That was dumb reasoning by Singer. Not sure how he's so similar to Cyclops. Josh Holloway was a dead ringer for Gambit at the time and I would have liked to see him have a go.

Hopefully budget doesn't get in the way of an awesome looking Beast this time.

That was dumb reasoning by Singer. Not sure how he's so similar to Cyclops. Josh Holloway was a dead ringer for Gambit at the time and I would have liked to see him have a go.

Hopefully budget doesn't get in the way of an awesome looking Beast this time.
Okay I googled this. I definitely remember Josh Holloway was approached for X3. But I didn't know he got the role for Origins but was replaced by Taylor, since he was already 40.

There's also some ideas about X3, I don't know if they were true, that had Gambit, Angel and Colossus in the team along with Beast, the Wolverine, the Professor, Storm, Rogue, Kitty and Iceman against PhoeniX. That would have been awesome. Either that was for Singer's X3 or Matthew Vaughn's X3. In hindsight Bryan Singer should have stayed. X3 was the first big disappointment when it comes to Marvel movies.

Okay I googled this. I definitely remember Josh Holloway was approached for X3. But I didn't know he got the role for Origins but was replaced by Taylor, since he was already 40.

There's also some ideas about X3, I don't know if they were true, that had Gambit, Angel and Colossus in the team along with Beast, the Wolverine, the Professor, Storm, Rogue, Kitty and Iceman against PhoeniX. That would have been awesome. Either that was for Singer's X3 or Matthew Vaughn's X3. In hindsight Bryan Singer should have stayed. X3 was the first big disappointment when it comes to Marvel movies.
Shame for Holloway he didn’t get a chance when he was younger.

Yeah X3 could have been really good, and it’s not like Superman Returns ended up being great. And then Rothman threw his toys out of the pram as a result and sabotaged X3.

Shame for Holloway he didn’t get a chance when he was younger.

Yeah X3 could have been really good, and it’s not like Superman Returns ended up being great. And then Rothman threw his toys out of the pram as a result and sabotaged X3.
Hindsight is a great thing because even if he was already 40. He isn't really as old as james Marsden, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry and Famke Jannsen.

Also, with how the foXverse era abruptly ended, well the X-Men movies (Deadpool foX is still having a continuation), they should have just moved forward with another trilogy with the ot cast from 2007 to 2018 (until foX's buyout completion in 2019) And there's no way I would choose solo movies over X-Men team movies. We could have had X-Men 4 to 7 in 2009, 2012, 2015 and 2018. Imagine how many X-Men could have been developed in those films.

Last edited:
Hindsight is a great thing because even if he was already 40. He isn't really as old as james Marsden, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry and Famke Jannsen.

Also, with how the foXverse era abruptly ended, well the X-Men movies (Deadpool foX is still having a continuation), they should have just moved forward with another trilogy with the ot cast from 2007 to 2018 (until foX's buyout completion in 2019) And there's no way I would choose solo mutant movies over Wolverine solo adventures. We could have X-Men 4 to 7 in 2009, 2012, 2015 and 2018. Imagine how many X-Men could have been developed in those films.
Hopefully Marvel handles it like that and builds a foundation in the first film from which they can put out multiple new projects (shows included).

Hopefully Marvel handles it like that and builds a foundation in the first film from which they can put out multiple new projects (shows included).
Honestly the long gap with the MCU sequels doesn't make me hopeful as of the moment, that we'd get plenty of X-Men adventures in the movies as a team in their own movies.

Honestly the long gap with the MCU sequels doesn't make me hopeful as of the moment, that we'd get plenty of X-Men adventures in the movies as a team in their own movies.
We are in the slow post-pandemic era where they are figuring things out again afree Endgame and struggling a little. Losing Stark, Cap, Widow and Panther at the same time was harder that expected.

Phase 3 wasn’t long ago with high quality film after film and we need a return to that to get MCU momentum back. Even stuff like Echo and Agatha have been greenlit and they are lower profile than Beak lol. There are a bunch of possibilities for much higher profile X-Men if you include shows too.

We are in the slow post-pandemic era where they are figuring things out again afree Endgame and struggling a little. Losing Stark, Cap, Widow and Panther at the same time was harder that expected.

Phase 3 wasn’t long ago with high quality film after film and we need a return to that to get MCU momentum back. Even stuff like Echo and Agatha have been greenlit and they are lower profile than Beak lol. There are a bunch of possibilities for much higher profile X-Men if you include shows too.
Hmm i feel like Marvel Studios doing Thunderbolts and a Sam Wilson movie, then bringing back almost the entire Deadpool 2 gang for their own movie don't make me very optimistic, and those movies are also being released before Fantastic 4 (and Blade, which I think will be delayed once again if reports are true, that Marvel studios will slow down their annual releases). So the X-Men is potentially going to be in the back burner for possibly at least 2 more years.

They are working on so many ips and the X-Men sadly imo is not one of their priorities right now and probably won't be until the Multiverse Saga is done in 3 to 5 years.

My wallet would greatly appreciate Marvel if they stopped announcing Fall of X books that I really want. My revised pull list is getting a little silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"