The Danger Room: The X-Lounge

Honestly though, unless you're loaded with money. Keeping up with the X-Men comics is really quite eXpensive and imo not really practical. I feel like with videogames, movie tickets, streaming services and music concerts, I don't feel like I'm being drowned out with monthly eXpenses. With comics though, there's like 12 X-Men comics being released every month. My retail store - when I was buying, didn't really have a lot of stock, so when I missed an issue, the only way to buy a physical copy is get the TPB which is more eXpensive. It also takes like 20 minutes to finish reading 1 issue. Even if I cherry picked what to buy monthly, its not easy to just narrow it down to 1 to 2 titles because the other titles feature the other big X-Men. The content is another issue, if they aren't recycling ideas, they will quickly move on to the neXt event which includes a more eXpensive one shot issue.

So yeah just subscribe to Marvel Unlimited if its really hurting your wallet. It saves you a lot of money and physical space. If I didn't stop buying comics several years ago, I don't know where else would I put all of my comics.

Last edited:
After seeing the reviews for spiderverse, I kind of want an animated x-men film now. Could you imagine how good a big screen cartoon with Nimrod would be? What would you like to see for an animated x-film?

After seeing the reviews for spiderverse, I kind of want an animated x-men film now. Could you imagine how good a big screen cartoon with Nimrod would be? What would you like to see for an animated x-film?
Imagine a creative team of this quality taking on X-Men. Would be a dream.

As long as the animated film doesn't make the wait for Marvel Studios' X-Men longer. Okay. Crazy we got five Spider-Man movies from 2017 to 2023, five movies in siX years... okay. And there's 3 Spider-Man games as well from 2018 to 2023.

I'm calling PiXar right now to make X-Men: Into the X-Mansion.

As long as the animated film doesn't make the wait for Marvel Studios' X-Men longer. Okay. Crazy we got five Spider-Man movies from 2017 to 2023, five movies in siX years... okay. And there's 3 Spider-Man games as well from 2018 to 2023.

As long as it has Gambit. :p

Once X-Men finally starts there’s likely to be spin-offs boosting the regularity of X-content, hopefully to something like that frequency.

Once X-Men finally starts there’s likely to be spin-offs boosting the regularity of X-content, hopefully to something like that frequency.

Based on current financial reality at Disney, I would hold off on your dreams of an expansive X universe.

Based on current financial reality at Disney, I would hold off on your dreams of an expansive X universe.
The dreaming and speculating is a massive part of the fun for me, even if not realistic and if it never happens. Even though X3 disappointed for eg, I had a blast dreaming about it for 3 years and talking with fans when the X-forums were were very active.

At the moment the lack of discussion for many upcoming Marvel films is as much a fun-killer as anything for me.

2024: X-Men '97
2024: Marvel Studios' Deadpool and Wolverine
2026: Marvel's Wolverine
2027: Marvel Studios' Avengers: Secret Wars
2030: Marvel's X-Men

I'm unsure when are wegoing to get a feature film for the X-Men. But we should get a yearly dose of X-Men content (outside of the comics) from now on, even if they aren't headlining their own film.

I bet there will be more Kelsey Grammer cameo kind of role sprinkled in other MCU films before Secret Wars (maybe in both Fantastic 4 and Avengers 5).

Favorite X-Men moments?
All the Liberty Island scenes in "X1"
The mansion raid and church visit in "X2"
Beast and the Iceman/Pyro fight in "X3"
Magneto vs. Sebastian Shaw in "First Class"
Quicksilver's first run, and Rogue's rescue in "Days of Future Past"
The Danger Room ending in "Apocalypse"

I don't think I've seen "Dark Phoenix" all the way through. If I have, its been a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"