The Dark Knight Rises vs Logan

TDKR would probably have been a better movie if it was as small in scale as Logan. Focusing solely on Bruce Wayne's journey. .

Not saying that's not possible but how would that work exactly?.

Oof. This one's too close too call for me. I'll have to give both a proper rewatch, and even then I'm not sure I can decide. They're both great closers for their respective leads, but they're such different movies.

I like both, but Logan is a masterpiece, TDKR isn't quite there.

We should start comparing TDK, Logan and SM2 to be honest - these three are like, the closest we'll get to masterpieces or an actual masterpiece already. (Or the Avengers or any of the more higher tier MCU films, if we're so inclined)

I really like TDKR - warts and all. It's really not as messy as people think. But this one is easily Logan.

I don't think I've seen a Nolan Bat Film get whooped this badly in a poll before.

I should've done that TDK vs Logan poll that I initially wanted to do.

We should start comparing TDK, Logan and SM2 to be honest - these three are like, the closest we'll get to masterpieces or an actual masterpiece already. (Or the Avengers or any of the more higher tier MCU films, if we're so inclined)

I would throw X2 in there as well. Argument could also be made for DOFP. Personally none of the MCU have reached the top tier for me.

really like TDKR - warts and all. It's really not as messy as people think. But this one is easily Logan.

I actually think TDKR is brilliant and really under rated. But Logan is simply top tier while I think TDKR isn't quite.

Logan stung me man. So bleak. Some seriously great work done there, though I felt the pacing was slightly off and it doesn't come together perfectly in the last act. Really good overall.

It's comfortably better than TDKR.

It's really strange. Civil War and TDKR go toe to toe, but Logan is definitely better than TDKR, according to this poll. I really want to see Civil War vs. Logan.

Someone already mentioned this, too, but Logan is not an example of breaking the trilogy curse because that only applies when the first two movies were good. We all know Origins is anything but loved, and The Wolverine is decent but it's no TDK, SM-2, or Winter Soldier.

I've never seen a Nolan Batman film take such a beating in a poll here.

I don't think I've seen a Nolan Bat Film get whooped this badly in a poll before.

I should've done that TDK vs Logan poll that I initially wanted to do.

TDK dominates everything.

Come to think of it, has TDK ever lost a poll?

Didn't it lose one against the Avengers or am I just mis-remembering?

oh dear, this isn't a fair fight

How about:

Watching The Dark Knight Rises in a dinner theater vs watching Logan for the first time with one good eye and a bad cold.

Well it is the most divisive entry in the franchise but in all honesty, Logan could probably whoop any Batman movie in poll votes this side of The Dark Knight.

Logan, even if I don't appreciate it as much as others.

See TDKR vs. Cap 3 thread.

Logan.

I don't feel bad for not voting for TDKR. It was a huge success. It has a terrific villain. It's preceded by two incredible films that stand out as two of best CBMs out there (and one is hailed as the single best origin CBM). Nolan remains one of my favorite directors.

Logan is an awesome movie. Mangold stepped it up. He made one so-so movie and then came back with a modern classic (okay, maybe that's overselling it, but what the hey).

Logan delivers on multiple fronts. That trippy hotel sequence was unlike anything I've seen done before. Dafne Keen blew me away. I hope they've signed her for 12 films.

Not saying that's not possible but how would that work exactly?.
Scrap the LOS rehash plot. Scrap Talia. Make Bane a lone wolf. Insert his original comic book goal of simply destroying Batman instead of a city wide threat.

Scrap the LOS rehash plot. Scrap Talia. Make Bane a lone wolf. Insert his original comic book goal of simply destroying Batman instead of a city wide threat.

Give him a non-goofy voice, limit the amount of philosophical speeches that aren't really enlightening, definitely rework the whole convoluted and contrived bomb plot.

Hmmm, if I want to convince a non-comic book nerd that superhero movies are worth their time I'm showing them Logan.

When it comes to drama, action, humor, and storytelling has some of the best executed stuff within the genre.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in most people top ten superhero movies eventually.

TDKR is an above average comic book movie but it's not the grand slam that Logan is.

Hmmm, if I want to convince a non-comic book nerd that superhero movies are worth their time I'm showing them Logan.

It's not as philosophically dense as BvS though.

It's not as philosophically dense as BvS though.

You've got to understand, Batman and Superman are like the American myths man. They're mythological. They are like about America... but as myths. Woah.

You've got to understand, Batman and Superman are like the American myths man. They're mythological. They are like about America... but as myths. Woah.

I read this in Snyder's voice :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"