The Dark Knight The Dark Knight VideoGame (Petition)

Stealthmanx

Civilian
Reaction score
ok i dont know where to post this, and there was a previous one but i can no longer find it. so if anyone wants to merge it or re-directed thats fine,
anyway i wanted to make this thread, because as we can see we're only 2 weeks away from the movie and we havent heard anything about the video game, there have been rumours about the game being developed, by a small company, but that EA claimed to have the rights of the batman games, so.
i thought maybe if some of you gamers out there would be interested in making a petition for a dark knight game to be made ( in case one is not released)

i mean ironman got one, hulk too, kung fu panda, and freakin Wall-e , so why not the TDK right? :woot:

Hate to burst your bubble but online petitions don't work

They worked one time if I recalled correctly. Something related to Capcom.

But usually they don't and I don't expect this one to. The only way a TDK game could be good is if they worked with the scriptwriters, Nolan, the actors, and Ubisoft to license the Assassin's Creed engine.

They worked one time if I recalled correctly. Something related to Capcom.

But usually they don't and I don't expect this one to. The only way a TDK game could be good is if they worked with the scriptwriters, Nolan, the actors, and Ubisoft to license the Assassin's Creed engine.

You sir, can have a cookie :up:

I've been saying this for ages.

Never thought of it, but yeah, that would be pretty badass. I was one of the few people in my town that seemed to LIKE Assassin's Creed, that engine would be pretty sick for Batman. Yeahhhh. Good idea. Spam-email it to EA devs, maybe ask them to do a comp version for Mac.

well im not sure if it has worked for a videogame before or not, but last year people made a petition to get the Transformers music score released, and it worked. but oh well just thought id be a good idea

Without fail, I think every movie game that is directly related to the events of a movie has sucked. I don't see how it'd change this time. Of course, movie games set in the movie universe but not necessarily set during the timeline of the movie are a different story such as Riddick or some of the Star Wars games.

In the end, I don't think it'd work, but I wouldn't mind seeing an attempt.

Even IF the petition worked...We wouldn't be getting a game the same week the movie hits. and I just feel that to get a Dark Knight video game 6 to 8 months AFTER the movie struck gold is a bit silly - even though the game would be come out around the same time as the Dvd Release,

and speaking of Dvd Release, I am going to be PISSED if they pull another stunt like they did for the Release of Batman Begins, where they got cooler stuff on the Blu-Ray dvd set. PISSED. Because it should be fair for everyone, I do not have a Blu-Ray Player because they are still nearly 500 bucks a pop - - DAMN YOU SONY - - and in this economy, nearly 500 bucks a pop is a few bucks more than one can swing...let it be known I am shaking my fist angerly as I type his.

Even IF the petition worked...We wouldn't be getting a game the same week the movie hits. and I just feel that to get a Dark Knight video game 6 to 8 months AFTER the movie struck gold is a bit silly - even though the game would be come out around the same time as the Dvd Release,

and speaking of Dvd Release, I am going to be PISSED if they pull another stunt like they did for the Release of Batman Begins, where they got cooler stuff on the Blu-Ray dvd set. PISSED. Because it should be fair for everyone, I do not have a Blu-Ray Player because they are still nearly 500 bucks a pop - - DAMN YOU SONY - - and in this economy, nearly 500 bucks a pop is a few bucks more than one can swing...let it be known I am shaking my fist angerly as I type his.

actually youre right, it even happens with the video games on ps3 and xbox360 too, just like the dvds where now they add cooler stuff on the blu-ray and dumb down the dvd's content, they also dumb down the quality of the videogames on the ps2 versions, so that in one way or the other you feel force to get a new generation console. for example spiderman 3 game, look at the difference between the ps3 version and ps2, the only one that was pretty much the same as far as graphics or at least close to, with the same gameplay was Transformers the movie game.

actually youre right, it even happens with the video games on ps3 and xbox360 too, just like the dvds where now they add cooler stuff on the blu-ray and dumb down the dvd's content, they also dumb down the quality of the videogames on the ps2 versions, so that in one way or the other you feel force to get a new generation console. for example spiderman 3 game, look at the difference between the ps3 version and ps2, the only one that was pretty much the same as far as graphics or at least close to, with the same gameplay was Transformers the movie game.

agreed sir...I was so pist when my friend called me down to his store to take a look at the BB Gift Set that's "limited". only to find out that It doesn't come with the two comic books and it does not have the first 6 mins of the film but only a 2 min extended trailer thing and a 128MB thumb drive that has "unrealeased" photos that you can really find on the BB 2 disc set in the promotions section. And What's more is that the blu-ray has More bonus content along with the 6 mins and the two comic books - - Which by the way has those bank codes on it that may or may not be needed to progress in the virals!!!!

Why!??

Why shaft those of us who do not have the 487 bucks for a Blu-ray player, Now don't get me wrong, I work at a very good place I have my own desk and my own window office but the american dollar is loosing value fast, with no thanks to a cabinet of people in the white house, yeah it's not just bushes fault it's his whole cabinet. It's just a sad day all around for americans. If anyone read John Adams or even watched it on HBO, it's eeire tto know that what tehy foresaw was right and that all that they feared would happen to the US does and you know who to blame? Mammon..that's right Mammon, don't know who Mammon is, well google it and sit back and be ready to laugh and scoff at America at her expence. because America is for sale.

sigh

any ways, IF anything, I would rather them release a Non-Dark Knight game that is set up like GTA (sandbox) and a Tom Clancy stealth game, where you have to hide in the shadows and try not to get seen to keep up your street rep. and you can decide on what to do , save grandma from a theif of presue the plot and try to capture the main villian, much like the spiderman games, then maybe do some stuff as Bruce Wayne and Gordon. That would be cool, just like how in GTA you've got all these missions and side missions and sub-side missions!!!! that's the ULTIMATE batman game RIGHT THERE, oh oh and have the weather change every so often.

ok I am done ranting.

They're not going to spend thousands on a video game just because we write a ****ing stupid petition :dry:

They're not going to spend thousands on a video game just because we write a ****ing stupid petition :dry:
Exactly, if they were going to make a video game, they would have. A petition isn't going to change their plans at all. Don't waste your time, people, it won't do a thing.

Hey guys, tried to find a thread on The Dark Knight game for ages. I was searching for a game for somone at work (Blockbusters obviously) yesterday and I stumbled across this :D

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Now that listing has only been put up in the last week I know as I check from time to time (I want a Dark Knight game dammit!). It could mean nothing but the fact there is a release date on there and it has only just been listed it could very well mean there is a game coming soon. Notice as well it is going to be released close to the DVD date.

Image005.jpg

These dates are for the UK and like I said it could mean nothing but hopefully it means alot :D

from the looks of it, looks like the game would release november 7, 2008 while the movie comes out november 11, 2008.

it makes sense since Paandemic is keeping a tight lip on the dark knight videogame. we might hear something from E3 so hopefully we hear something soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"