The Day 5 Challenge

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
So, yeah... pretty big undertaking we have here.

I suppose the first order of business is to assign a first and second chair. We need someone good to represent our side of the argument. Any ideas?

We need someone opinionated, and who writes arguements well for this particular challenge.

Batman, you have played those games in the RPG forum where you debate who wins a superhero fight, right? I think you should be one of the chairs.

Batman is a great choice. What about the other chair?

great suggestion, i'm in for backing you too Batman

So we are looking at:

Batman - 1st chair (getting support first, so calling him 1st chair for now.

Who for 2nd chair?

Keep in mind, your chairs need not write your argument in it's entirety, they need only state it. This is a team effort. You are a legal team.

possible jurors:

Erzengel
Anita18
SecretNerdGirl aka Hawkingbird
Duke

just trying to think of fairly active users who might be willing to participate and are around often

i'm willing to bet that some of the following will be recommended by the other team:

twylight
aesop rocks
jp
e-man

Last edited:
CC already mentioned Duke, he was also a thought of mine for this thing. I thought about Rowsdower, but he hasn't been on the site long enough.

I'm cool with being the first chair. Like Matt said, it's a team effort, so I'll do my best to try and help translate/streamline whatever we come up with.

Second chair, my vote goes to Anita.

This is a very big undertaking for a challenge.

Second chair, my vote goes to Anita.

anita isn't on our tribe :/

how about throwing LS! in as one of the jurors, he's around a lot more lately. i don't think hawkingbird will qualify, nor duke, based on how long they've been a member.

possible choices:
Erzengel
Anita18
Colossal Spoons
LightningStrykes!
The Incredible Hulk
Wiegabo
The Mr Terrific
bullets
sabetoonth
CConn

and maybe take a stab at some they pick too so we'll match?

im thinking
twylight
jp
aesop rocks

Sorry, I misread. Anita for a possible Juror. Got it.

I also agree with Erz, Spoons, wiegeabo, sabetoonth, and CConn. They're good people to have.

i wont be in town this weekend much at all, so i would be a horrible second. would anyone like to step up?

also do we need an official thread with our jury selections, or will an official post suffice?

I honestly likely won't have the time to be a second :(

In the interest of all parties being on equal footing, the Member Tribe was just told this:

Hey asses, you've put me in the unique position of being both judge and a witness and therefore as a witness whose own words you plan to use against him (as per your opening statement), I would like to remind you that I am protected against self-incrimination by the Fifth Amendment.

That being said, I am open to you using past words against me PROVIDED that you can make a compelling argument as to how it is not a violation of my Fifth Amendment right (which again, I am utilizing). You will need to make that argument in "chambers," however. To ask to submit evidence in chambers, PM your evidence and your argument to myself and the prosecution's chair (so far the only one that I am aware of is Batman). He will have the right to refute this argument and then I will make a ruling.

Wow. What did you get me involved in, Matt? :eek:

so basically we have to prove matt isn't an ass? that's gonna be hard :p

Do we have the witnesses to prove that? :p

As the defendant, I am accessible to this tribe exclusively. You may decide whether or not you wish for me to testify. Keep in mind, doing so will waive any Fifth Amendment protections I have elected to use and will open me up to cross examination.

Soo, this sucks. I just came in to check our progress and see if I could help out some how. My in-laws were in town and just left. I could salvage this challenge if I were given a 30 minute extension. I'll be second chair.

I assume everyone got Matt's PM....I sent him a reply saying to vote me off.....I can't tell you all how deeply upset I am that I have helped to spoil his fun with this game.....I will strive from now on to spend less time with my daughter, my wife, my family, my friends, and with the day to day activities as a moderator and administrator of this site so that I can devote my life to making him a happy person.

I assume everyone got Matt's PM....I sent him a reply saying to vote me off.....I can't tell you all how deeply upset I am that I have helped to spoil his fun with this game.....I will strive from now on to spend less time with my daughter, my wife, my family, my friends, and with the day to day activities as a moderator and administrator of this site so that I can devote my life to making him a happy person.

In fairness Doc Matt put a lot of effort into the challenge and trying to make it something different, and he wasn't upset with a person but usually a team of 8 players can work around who will take lead on a challenge so it doesn't end up in a forfeit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"