Day 5 Challenge

25 minutes until opening argument is due.

I know a few threads where he's stirred up some crap. Getting posts from that is easy. I do need some testimonies from folks. I'm working on getting some people, but I could use some help.

I could get people who could testify, and would be very interested in doing it, like the people on the jury list who won't be picked and plus JP, Billy, Darthphere, and Schlosser (are eliminated Survivor members allowed to testify?)

I think so. Get 'em and try to get their statements sometime tomorrow afternoon if you can.

Also, do we post our opening statement here, PM it, or in the thread?

How do we record our statements? Get them to comment in the thread?

I think so, or just post a prewritten statement. But, they have to be open to being cross-examined by the defense.

Hey asses, you've put me in the unique position of being both judge and a witness and therefore as a witness whose own words you plan to use against him (as per your opening statement), I would like to remind you that I am protected against self-incrimination by the Fifth Amendment.

That being said, I am open to you using past words against me PROVIDED that you can make a compelling argument as to how it is not a violation of my Fifth Amendment right (which again, I am utilizing). You will need to make that argument in "chambers," however. To ask to submit evidence in chambers, PM your evidence and your argument to myself and the prosecution's chair (so far the only one that I am aware of is Batman). He will have the right to refute this argument and then I will make a ruling.

If you're stepping down, do I still consult the defense and HR on any and all old posts od yours I may want to use?

Yes. I am still protected by my Fifth Amendment right. I am also acting as my own private counsel. Therefore I am entitled to also sit in chambers during any request to circumvent my Fifth. Hunter will make rulings on evidence though.

I know nothing about law. I say we just shoot him and runaway all giddy-like.

All I know about court is reruns of Law & Order.

I would not object to you bringing on a legal consultant. I am giving you this advice as I am a law school graduate and will now be working closely with the defense (as I am their client). This tribe deserves a similar edge. Hype member and Survivor alumni The Incredible Hulk is a lawyer. You will not be violating the rules of the challenge if you ask him for advise or invite him into your forum as part of your legal team.

Ah, but won't that violate Survivor rules as host? Helping out one team over another?

You made the choice to make me a defendant. It goes to logic that I have to work with the defense. Don't worry, I won't be willingly giving them anything or helping with their case but I do have to cooperate fully. They are entitled to present a complete defense, after all. You could've made it a generalized accusation. Instead you specified and gave them a defendant (and through that a tool) to utilize. I obviously won't be advising them on objections or anything but I am at their disposal to an extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"