The DC character YOU want to see have a film

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
This thread is only for the hero/heroes you'd like to see on the big screen, and who in your mind would like to see direct and write the film. Of course pick your actor you'd like to see portray the hero, and if you want cast their supporting characters if you can find an actor or actress for that role aswell. I'm sure we'd all like a hero to get a film, but theres a chance it might not happen.

Like mine.

Martian Manhunter, written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Considering Shyamalan has had experience with alien type films (Signs), I think he'd be a perfect fit for a comic film based on the Martian. Reason I also chose him as the writer was cause he also wrote Signs which had an excellent script, along with being a decent film IMO.

My cast.

For the role of MM I'd cast either Nathan Fillion or Dominic Purcell, both actors IMO would play both sides of the Martian and his human form detective John Jones when not playing hero very well along with having the type of alien look required for the role.

Pictures.

Martian Manhunter
martian-manhunter.jpg

Nathan Fillion
NathanFillian_150x208.jpg

Dominic Purcell
prison_break_dominic_purcell_150x225.jpg

Bottom line is I'd kill to see a Manhunter film on the big screen, he's just one of the heroes I think can have a decent comic film brought to life straight out of the books.

Feel free to write down all your ideas for the hero flicks you'd like to see about a certain character you enjoy, DC only since they have TONS of heroes that could be made into movies.

Ill just copy my post from that previous thread here since its relevant:

I think these are the most marketable movie choices for DC to make in the future:

2008 - Summer Release: The Flash (has alot of Summer hype potential)

2008 - Winter Release: Batman 2 Sequel (after all the praise for BB, this will make money whenever it is)

2009 - Early Spring/Late Winter: The Watchmen

2009 - Summer: Superman Sequel (to Returns)

2009 - Winter: Shazam! (around Christmas)

2010 - Early Spring/Late Winter: The Question

2010 - Summer: The Green Lantern

2010 - Winter: The Golden Age (A WW2 epic featuring the classic JSA superheroes, a movie that really humanizes them and makes them into legends).

I think that lineup would be very successful. As far as Martian Manhunter goes, I think he should simply just appear in the first JLA movie (just the original 5, without Bat/Supes). The character is just so intergrated into the JLA mythos, he'd be more successful as the frontrunning character of that franchaise.

I think the third movie of the Batman and Superman franchaises should be the Batman/Superman movie in 2011. Theres so much market potential there. It could make soooo much.

Crisis Superman said:
2009 - Winter: Shazam! (around Christmas)

Shazam! is a hero flick I'd like to seealso, in fact it could be the film Richard Donner could be planning to do with Geoff Johns. Theres a slight chance it could happen, and I for one hope it does. If it's not, I'm all in for Green Lantern.

Crisis Superman said:
2010 - Early Spring/Late Winter: The Question

This is a film that I think could do really well if brought to life. Question's popularity keeps growing on fans, also people who have never heard of him. Mainly cause of JLU where the character was well played by Jeffrey Combs, which he did awesome in. The film could revolve mainly on some heavy mystery as he sets out to find the answers to things he can only do as Question, and then see his other side as tv reporter Vic Sage.

Crisis Superman said:
I think that lineup would be very successful. As far as Martian Manhunter goes, I think he should simply just appear in the first JLA movie (just the original 5, without Bat/Supes). The character is just so intergrated into the JLA mythos, he'd be more successful as the frontrunning character of that franchaise.

There was another thread on the Batman Sequels forum where I said the exact same thing. The JLA could be formed, but missing one member to make it the big seven, which would be the Martian. What I had said was that they could find him during a certain mission in a lab like in Justice Leauge when he was in his alien form, and then transfered to a a rather more human look. Maybe my idea can be brought up after he's properly introduced in a JLA film, and then make a spin off film for the character...

i want to see an infinite crisis movie and a countdown to infinite crisis with the death of blue beetle. that could be really epic.

SpiderTime said:
i want to see an infinite crisis movie and a countdown to infinite crisis with the death of blue beetle. that could be really epic.

I was actually thinking they'd do something like that for a JLU episode. It could be like a 3 or 4 part story. For a film though it might be possible, but it'd be REALLY difficult to do IMO. I agree, it would be a real epic for the DCU characters. Personally though, I don't see it happening for alot of years to come.

Batman said:
There was another thread on the Batman Sequels forum where I said the exact same thing. The JLA could be formed, but missing one member to make it the big seven, which would be the Martian. What I had said was that they could find him during a certain mission in a lab like in Justice Leauge when he was in his alien form, and then transfered to a a rather more human look. Maybe my idea can be brought up after he's properly introduced in a JLA film, and then make a spin off film for the character...

Hmmm I dont know if thats really fair to the character and the source material though. MM should be the one who forms the JLA, not the missing member. I dont know if the big 7 is the way to go though. They should start with the original 5:

Martian Manhunter

Hal Jordan (who appears in the first GL movie but then passes the torch on to another GL for the 2nd)

Barry Allen (who appears in Goyer's Flash movie apparently but Wally takes over in his film, meaning Barry could join this if hes still alive).

Aquaman

Black Canary

This way, the JLA movie can be done pretty soon. Maybe around 2012 while Batman and Superman can still have their teamup movie World Finest around the same time.

By the 2nd JLA movie, the team can be reorganized into the big 7 if necessary.

Green Arrow

The Question(I'm actually working on a treatment, sort of, research is scarce)

Nightwing/Teen Titans (unfortunatley that requires Robin be introduce to Batman Contunuity first)

Justice League

Green Lantern

Jonah Hex

Shazam!

Guys, this thread is not for listing the films you want to see even though they'd be kickass and all. It's about doing what I did in my first post, thats why its different then the other thread made. Pick a certain character you enjoy and assemble your cast in your own thoughts for some to discuss about, also the right director and writer who YOU think would do a decent job helming the films.

I love Dominic Purcell for martain manhunter.

rnewbz said:
I love Dominic Purcell for martain manhunter.

Thankyou, I certainly think he has the look. Plus thats just a picture of him from the show Prison Break where he's bald like the Martian. I've seen plenty of pictures where he has had his hair grow, which would be perfect when undercover as his civilian name, John Jones.

If anyone want to see pictures of Jones, I'll put them up. But they're pretty big...

cabel said:
The Question(I'm actually working on a treatment, sort of, research is scarce)

Read Denny O'Neal and Denys Cowan's Question series from the late 80s/early 90s. 36 issues plus three anuals. Great series. And, for a better look at the character's origins, the Question shorts that Steve Ditko wrote and drew for Charlton in the 60s give a good idea fo his early years and earlyer characterization.

The Question said:
Read Denny O'Neal and Denys Cowan's Question series from the late 80s/early 90s. 36 issues plus three anuals. Great series. And, for a better look at the character's origins, the Question shorts that Steve Ditko wrote and drew for Charlton in the 60s give a good idea fo his early years and earlyer characterization.

well, i have a question, Question . Would you actually cast Jeffery Combs as the Question, given his depiction from JLU?

He's great for the part, but he's currently too old. Vic should be around 35 or 36 in the comics now. If you're starting early in his career, you'll want to cast even younger.

The flash
michael7.jpg

It should be around the same kind of style as spider-man
I would use Wally as the flash. I think brettt ratner or Goyer should direct it and geoff johns should write it.

Booster Gold would a great superhero comedy with owen wilson as booster.
owen-wilson.jpg

DC doesn't need to flood the genre with crap like Marvel is doing. I mean Namor and Ant-Man movies? No thanks. For DC they should stick to Bats, Supes, WW, Flash, and maybe JLA. No movie for a character is better than a bad one. Ask Catwoman fans.

John Stewart

Dick Grayson

Static/Virgil Hawkins

The Authority

I need no other movies...

I would say Doom Patrol, but the original would seem to combine the most obvious aspects of X-Men and Fantastic Four, while the Seventies version, which stood more on its own, is just too obscure to the public.

How about Suicide Squad, Especially to go against Marvel doing a Thunderbolts or Ultimates movie?

Transmetropolitan would be a good one, as would (with the recent spate of vampire films) Bite Club. I do believe that Brian K. Vaughn is pitching Y: The Last Man to Warner Bros. Then we have The Losers and Hard Time.

We might even be able to spin Gotham Central out of Batman Begins or some sequel.

The Question said:
He's great for the part, but he's currently too old. Vic should be around 35 or 36 in the comics now. If you're starting early in his career, you'll want to cast even younger.

How important is his Vic part of his character. Do we need to see Vic because if you can keep the mask on Combs would be perfect? I dont know much about The Question past JLU but he was real cool in JLU.

cerealkiller182 said:
How important is his Vic part of his character. Do we need to see Vic because if you can keep the mask on Combs would be perfect? I dont know much about The Question past JLU but he was real cool in JLU.

It is a big part pf his character, seeing as how he is Vic. We'd mis out on alot if we never saw him in the newsroom or writing up one of his tirades or behaving like the mutant hybrid of Jon Stewart, Hunter S. Thompson, Trey Parker, and Matt Stone that he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"