The DC character YOU want to see have a film

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Nightwing 52, Mar 10, 2006.

1. kirbyfan

kirbyfan Registered

Kirby's entire Fourth World, talk about some exciting movies!! They would have the same possibilities as the X-MEN movies!

2. cerealkiller182

cerealkiller182 Must Get Deadpool Avatar

Jonah Hex; there hasnt been a real bad ass western since Clint stopped making them. Costner's Open Range was pretty good, but I want a serious bad ass gritty cowboy movie. The new Hex series is pretty sweet too.

3. Kane

Kane Guest

Forget movies.

I want The Question as a TV series on NBC.

A Law and Order/CSI style detective show with The Question outside the law doing his own investigations and an enemy/friend of the cops.

The show would deal with murder, rape, abduction, pedophiles etc

Detective John Jones can be on it too.

4. cerealkiller182

That would be cool

5. Kirk Langstrom (2)

Kirk Langstrom (2) Man...Or Bat?

Dammit....that's a GREAT idea!!!! Clint Eastwood as Jonah Hex!!!!!

6. Mr. Socko

Mr. Socko Registered

I'd love to see a Flash and Green Lantern movie.

7. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

You, my friend, are a very smart man. And, I know who I'd cast:

The Question: Nathan Fillion

[​IMG]

Proffesor Aristotle "Tot" Rodor: Donald Sutherland

[​IMG]

Lady Shiva: Kelly Hu

[​IMG]

Richard Dragon: Chuck Norris

[​IMG]

Myra Fermin: Rachel Weisz

[​IMG]

Reverend Jeremiah Hatch: Kelsey Grammer

[​IMG]

Izzy O'Toole: Alec Baldwin

[​IMG]

8. cerealkiller182

It would've been a good idea a few years ago. Hes pretty old now. Like uber old. Like should never do an action movie again old. He'd be great in the director's chair though. If you want an old Hex Lance Henriksen would be good, but i think hes too old also. I think Sean Bean would be best if he lost the accent, but Cole Hauser might not be that bad either. All good actors being based basically on the facial features and voices (all very deep and easily can be made gritty like Eastwoods)

9. Kane

Kane Guest

lol Yes. Obviously Fillion as The Question, he's the only one I'd keep from that list. The rest are cool but dont seem practical for TV.

I'd definately cast a male and female cop duo akin to Det Benson and Stabler (SVU). The male officer forges a Commisioner Gordon/Batman-like relationship with The Question and they are allies...and enemies..as Question is a wild card who operates outside the boundaries of the police.

The idea came to me thanks to 'Rorschach,' upon reading The Watchmen in university, that character really stood out in my profs lectures to the audience and became very popular dur to his unique dialouge and prespective mainly.

Its one angle for Police/Crime dramas that hasnt been explored on TV and I think the Vic Sage character could capture that same love/hate relationship TV watchers have with Dr House....because hes so borderline. He could be very marketable.

The show would be very hardcore and edgy though. 10pm airings; Murder, Rape, Abduction, Prostitution, Sex Crimes, Crime Syndicates and Soprano-style mafias, etc..

I'd definately cast a D.A. character also and perhaps John Jones as another detective. The other characters from The Question mythos could show up throughout the course of the series....but the mystical-based characters would be reinvented to be as 'real' as possible (like Ras Al Gual in Batman Begins).

In a similar style as 24, the show could slowly build up to some kind of larger plot or Govt conspiricy in the end; Vic seems to love those.

Each episode could end with some kind of moral/ethical question being raised... thus giving new meaning to the title "The Question".

10. The Question

How so?

Well, the only cop in the comics was Izzy O'Toole. A dirty cop with a bit of a consciance. Sort of like Bruce Willis' character in 16 blocks. The Question saved his life a few times, and they soon forged a partnership.

Well, The Question isn't Rorschach. Not completely. Rorschach is The Question after fighting for 20 years to keep a city from going to hell and failing at every turn. He's alot more cynical and alot crazyer. But one could show signs of Rorschach in The Question when things get really bad.

Oh, most definately. The whole apeal of Vic is that he's a total jackass. He's rude, unapolagetic, and causes trouble so the truth can get out. I tend to describe The Question as "Hunter S. Thompson meets The Shadow."

Most definately.

Well, there was never a D.A. character in the comics. Vic's only other regular confidant was Proffesor Rodor, who made his mask for him. And what mystical based characters do you speak of? Shiva and Dragon are certainly not mystical based. Shiva is an assasin who, when hired by the local mobs, beat the **** out of Vic, and Richard was the guy who taught him how to fight. Nothing mystical there.

Could be cool. A major plot line in his DC series was that some ultra conservative who borderlines on being a nazi was running for mayor, and was somehow going to win.

Possibly. Shouldn't do that too much, though. Series might start to get too preachy. However, in the letters section of his DC series, there was a recomended reading list at the back. Had stuff like Sin Tzu and the like.

11. Kane

Kane Guest

Oh nevermind. I misread one of the characters actually as something else. Ya, they can use alot of those characters; the actors, however, dont seem that realistic for a TV project like this...maybe only Chuck Norris (he would bring alot of attention to the show).

As far as the moral stuff goes, I dont think Id write it in a 'preachy' way? If I did...the 'Question' would be answered. It should just raise an issue and leave it up to the interpretation of the viewer.

I think Rorschach and Question are similar enough though, Yes Kovacs is off his rocker (alot more insane than Question) but Question seems like a better balance between sanity and extreme behavior, which would need to work in order for the audience to understand the character better.

If they focus on the mob underworld for some time, the show could take a Sopranos-angle too.

The cop should definately be O'Toole (like Gordon, hes one of the few honest cops in a corrupt force...which can tie into the conspiricy later).

12. PhotoJones

PhotoJones Registered

i would like to see a big barda movie...with elastic man for comic relief.

13. The Question

Well, Kelsey Grammer's character wouldn't be reocouring. Just an early villain. Really, the only ones who would have major trouble would be Baldwin and Weisz. And really, they don't seem to have done much lately.

Fair point.

Very true.

That could be cool.

Very true. Still, they shouldn't have him start out as unscrupleous and rightious. He should start as the guy who looks the other way when the other cops are into the corruption, and even help with a slightly guilty consciance. Through the series, he would grow and become a bit more rightious.

14. Kane

Kane Guest

Actually I thought of it the other way around. Have him start off as moral and strong in a corrupt world. A man with faith, a Catholic..whatever. Then overtime, as he witnesses the evil in the world and the sick stuff he sees, a rage slowly builds up inside of him and there are times when he looses control; becomes a man on the edge.

If he didnt have his job, his boss, his partner, his wife and kids in his life keeping him stable, he'd be just like the murderers he goes after.

15. The Question

Except, that's not Izzy. Izzy was a dirt cop. He looked the other way and he took bribes. Over time, The Question helped him to become a better cop.

16. ghost113

ghost113 Registered

static

elements of the comic and the cartoon together

17. The Question

Way I see it, just go with the comic. It was better than the cartoon by far.

18. ghost113

ghost113 Registered

but the costume in the cartoon was a little cooler and certain aspects of it was cool.

19. comicbookmaster

comicbookmaster Registered

Nightwing
    Cyborg
    Green Lantern Hal jordan
    Green Lantern John Stewart
    Green Lantern (corps maybe)
    Superboy
    Zatanna
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Huntress