The DC character YOU want to see have a film

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Nightwing 52, Mar 10, 2006.

1. KaptainKrypton Registered

Captain Marvel
    I could see a beefed up Jerry O'Connell playing him. O'Connell tested for Superman but wasn't given it of course. I think he has the lighthearted nature to pull off the role of a naive superhero befitting of Mr. Batson (see: My Secret Identity). For Black Adam I'd say maybe Jason Isaacs with a tan or somebody else who is good at embodying a total scumbag.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    Casting for this one would be tough for me. But for Hal Jordan (I know many will disagree with me) but I could probably see Clive Owen sporting the ring.

2. Nightwing 52 Things change

Now thats what I'm talking about. He's not my first choice, but I could see O'Connell for Marvel any day. He certainly has a decent build and if he wanted to, get slightly bigger if ever considered/cast. I don't really know any other actor that could play the part, I may have one or two in mind...For Batson, I'd go with Carter Jenkins for the show Surface. IMO that would be great casting, I'm getting chills down my spine just picturing the kid screaming out SHAZAM! It's something I could see very clearly. As for Isaacs as Black Adam, I would have no problem with that. He wouldn't necessarily have to have a tan though...

Clive Owen IMO, could play a decent Sinestro. Even though Guy Pearce would be my choice, to me he's the one who shares a good resemblence to the character. But it's your opinion.

Jim Caviezel is my choice for Hal.

3. KaptainKrypton Registered

I figured Isaacs would have to have a tan because I guessed Adam was of Egyptian descent (or at least his abilities) and he appeared to have more olive skin in some of his recent JSA appearances. Guy Pearce could also play Hal, I think. I could always see a few different guys that could probably fit the bill for Hal very easily and still make the movie rock. These characters need movies badly. I remember hearing somewhere that Cap's rights were possibly headed to NewLine so as not to lump him in as a direct WB copy of Superman. Whatever the case, he needs a damn movie...bad.

4. Kane Guest

Well these are my choices for SHAZAM!

Shazam!

The Wizard SHAZAM - Donald Sutherland

[​IMG]

Black Adam - Dwayne Johnson

[​IMG]

Billy Batson - Reiley Mcclendon

[​IMG]

Captain Marvel - Michael Mclafferty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ash Loomis Registered

I personally think that Jeffery Combs should play Rorschach in the Watchmen movie. He may be too old for Vic Sage, but he's about the right age for Walter Covacs.

6. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

You know who'd be better? Arnold Vosloo:

[​IMG]

I agree completely.

7. Nightwing 52 Things change

Thats actually great thinking...

Not bad, I was thinking Michael Gambon myself.

[​IMG]

This is GREAT casting Q, either him or Jason Isaacs resemble Adam the most.

8. DarKush Registered

Don't hate me for this,

But I say why not the Wonder Twins (from the Superfriends Cartoon)? I think it would be a cool comedic movie. Put Vince Vaughn in it, find a funny actress to costar with him, and maybe a CGI Gleek. They could be like the C-list superhero team, similar to the Mystery Men.

Hell, why not do a Mystery Men type of movie with some of the second bananas from the Superfriends, or the DCU fighting against a modified version of the Legion of Doom after the "real" heroes have mysteriously vanished?

I think the Flash and Green Lantern are the next logical choices after Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Ryan Reynolds would make a good Flash (Wally West more than Jay Garrick or Barry Allen), and the Green Lantern should be either Hal Jordan or John Stewart.

Also, wouldn't mind seeing Cyborg in a Smallville spin off, or a DTV movie.

9. Kane Guest

The cyborg on Smallville sucked. His armor was beneath his skin... wheres the coolness in that?

10. Threshold Simply Amazing

That's awesome! It's great to see fans of MM!!! I'd kill to make a Martian Manhunter movie! I've had the story for a great Martian Manhunter in my head for a while.

11. Nightwing 52 Things change

Martian has always been one of my favorite characters, I'd love to see a film adaption some time as I've previously said. It could be about his coming to Earth and his understanding of how civilization is completely different from that of which he born to on his home planet Mars, afterwords is when he establishes his own detective agency where he uses his alias of John Jones. I'm going to be picking up the new 8 issue mini he'll have in August.

Do you mind sharing?

12. Threshold Simply Amazing

Yeah, I read about that, sounds great. I haven't read any recent comics in a few years, but I'm going to have to make an effort to pick that up.

Well, I do intend on making this movie one day (pending on whether or not film school goes well and everything, lol) so I'm not going to post everything on the board. I've actually been jotting down some of the ideas lately, which has naturally evolved into eight pages of outline for barely the first 1/4 of the film.

The film takes some liberties with the character and the mythology, but nothing too extravagant. Basically it involves J'onn J'onzz returning to Mars after spending some time on Earth, when he gets back everyone on his planet is dead from a plague. He returns to Earth and that's when the story has some interesting developments that I'd prefer not to state here. If you're interested in hearing more, let me know and I'd be happy to PM some more to you.

13. Nightwing 52 Things change

Good luck to you.

Nice, and yes I'm interested. If it's not to much, when you get the chance pm the rest to me. I'd be glad to read it.

14. Threshold Simply Amazing

Absolutely, when I get the chance I'll PM you a little outline of the outline I'm working on. I think it's a pretty compelling and entertaining rendition of his origin and I have some pretty extraordinary thrills for the second half of the flick.

If I forget to PM you the outline before the weekend, don't hesitate to PM me and remind me.

15. Nightwing 52 Things change

Do you have a certain threat for him to go up against? Also, there's no rush.

16. Threshold Simply Amazing

Yeah, there is a specific threat that he has to go up against, but the threat isn't the same as what Lex Luthor is to Superman or what Doc Ock is to Spider-Man. This threat changes his entire life, changes the meaning of his purpose to be alive, without ever encountering him. J'onn then blindly seeks this threat out, mostly seeking retribution, but also seeking information. He wants to know why this thing did what it did to him, what it's purpose is. It's a very complex relationship that J'onn has with his "nemesis" and there is no easy answer that it can give him to settle his anger. I'm being vague again, but I hope this makes some sense.

Yeah, but I'll just forget after a day or so if I don't get a reminder.

17. GL's Light Countin' down to '16

Starman

Directed by Peter Jackson.

Alternative off-the-wall suggestion for director: Paul Thomas Anderson.

Starring Johnny Depp as Jack Knight, Donald Sutherland as Ted Knight, Kiefer Sutherland as the young Ted Knight (in flashbacks), Gary Oldman as The Mist, and Jude Law as Shade.

18. Nightwing 52 Things change

This, is one great idea. And yes, I understood perfectly.

Personally, I was thinking he could face this creature that survived the explosition of Mars as did J'onzz, he just doesn't know it yet. MM's has been shown to have a sensitive weakness to fire in the comics, so I was thinking the enemy he would face would have some control of fire that J'onzz would have to end up finding a way to divert it.

But, I like your idea more.

A Starman movie is something I'd like to see any day, not sure if Peter Jackson would actually do one though.

19. ToddIsDead Registered

The Question.

And a couple of years ago, I would have loved to see a real Hellblazer movie. With a blond haired englishman. Anyone who isn't Keanu. That's not to say that I didn't like Constantine, but I'd still like to see a more strict adaption of the comic Constantine.

20. Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I really wanted Paul Bettany to be John Constantine

21. Nightwing 52 Things change

I could actually see that happen if Keanu didn't get cast for the role...

22. Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

A Suicide Squad movie (I'd like a TV series more, but a movie would still be great), or a solo Deadshot movie.

Jonah Hex would be awesome on screen.

A Question movie would be sweet too, as would a creeper movie.

Plastic Man would be hilarious.

23. psycho Registered

I just want to see a Flash movie.

24. Dr. Fate Registered

Aquaman damn it.

And also Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern (any of them), Dr. Fate (but I'm not holding my breath) and Captain Marvel.

25. Warhammer Half Monk, Half Hitman

We've got Superman and Batman already.
    I want The Flash.

:cool: