• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The DC/Marvel Rematch You Want

I want a Dr. Doom and JLA / Avengers rematch.

Doom needs to bring Ultron with him and take those heroes down.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Hmmm, fights I'd like to see:

Ghost Rider vs. Lobo
Iron Man vs. Batman (with plenty of prep)
Young Avengers vs. Teen Titians
Superman vs. Nova
Ares vs. Wonder Woman
The Question (original) vs. Daredevil
Etigran vs. Hellstrom
Alpha Lanterns vs. the Defenders (strange, ss, namor and hulk)

Deathstroke vs. Norman Osborn
Joker vs. Deadpool

Hmmm, fights I'd like to see:

Ghost Rider vs. Lobo
Iron Man vs. Batman (with plenty of prep)
Young Avengers vs. Teen Titians
Superman vs. Nova
Ares vs. Wonder Woman
The Question (original) vs. Daredevil
Etigran vs. Hellstrom
Alpha Lanterns vs. the Defenders (strange, ss, namor and hulk)

Deathstroke vs. Norman Osborn
Joker vs. Deadpool

GR vs Lobo- yeah I'd want to see that, though I'm sure GF would have Lobo crying with the penance stare
IM vs BM-why give BM the advantage?!?! :huh:
YA vs.TT-could go either way
Superman vs. Nova-Don't want to see another Marvel character lose to him
Ares vs. WW-WW would win, simply becuase she's always beaten him in the DC universe. I know they are different but................eh.
Question vs. DD-DD
Joker vs. DP-I'd pay to see that one!

Heh, I bet Lobo wouldn't even give a **** about the Penance Stare. "Yeah, I fragged all them bastiches; so what?" :D

Yeah but doesn't the penance stare make you FEEL what they felt? I know Lobo doesn't give a damn about the people he killed but...............feeling what they felt is a whole different ball game. If Galactus can feel the penance stare, then I'm sure Lobo could.

GR vs Lobo- yeah I'd want to see that, though I'm sure GF would have Lobo crying with the penance stare
IM vs BM-why give BM the advantage?!?! :huh:
YA vs.TT-could go either way
Superman vs. Nova-Don't want to see another Marvel character lose to him
Ares vs. WW-WW would win, simply becuase she's always beaten him in the DC universe. I know they are different but................eh.
Question vs. DD-DD
Joker vs. DP-I'd pay to see that one!

I don't know if GH could actually hurt Lobo, I would be a pretty interesting concept.
Tony can prep with the best of them. I actually think he'd take bruce in that category especially since bats rarely has to deal with someone that can strategize and innovate as well as him.
WW should win but that depends on what ares brings to the party, it should be cool interation either way, have ares talking about his son and such would definately make WW do a double take.
Question would give Matt a run, he's a pretty good fighter.

Though I actually choose each of those fights based on the dialogue we'd get.

Yeah but doesn't the penance stare make you FEEL what they felt? I know Lobo doesn't give a damn about the people he killed but...............feeling what they felt is a whole different ball game. If Galactus can feel the penance stare, then I'm sure Lobo could.
Galactus has had a bleeding heart for his victims a lot over the years. He spares planets if they beg enough all the time. Lobo doesn't give a ****. He's got a pretty high threshold for pain, too.

Yeah if you look at the original galactus appearances, the guy feels really bad about eating planets it's just that he has to so here we are. He apologizes to Norin Radd is SS#1 before he makes him his herald.

It wasn't really until some of the infinity sagas that galactus became all one dimensional, "I eat planets bow before me, hahaha"

I prefer the one-dimensionality to an extent. I mean, yeah, he should be sentient and stuff, but he should also be a force of nature. He can't keep stopping to apologize for eating planets every five minutes. That's why he's starving 90% of the time.

There's no way Batman ever should have walked away from a confrontation with the Hulk.

I wonder what the Hulk smells like? I bet he smells like peas.

Galactus has had a bleeding heart for his victims a lot over the years. He spares planets if they beg enough all the time. Lobo doesn't give a ****. He's got a pretty high threshold for pain, too.

Well that all depends as to whether Lobo has a soul considering he is banned from Heaven and Hell. The penance stare hasn't worked on everybody. There were even some enemies Ghost Rider faced who recovered quickly from it. Madcap was an adversary who loved pain and infact, promised Ghost Rider he would inflict more pain on others just so Ghost Rider could give him the stare again.

I dont know much about Lobo other than that Wolverine somehow beat him...so I checked up on Wikipedia and it seems Lobo has the same problem as Ghost Rider..and that is different writers change their abilities. I remember in the Ghost Rider annual Ghost Rider screamed after shards of glass ripped through him which made no sense at all.

In the Mackie years it was well noted that Ghost Rider feels no physical pain and has no fear whatsoever. In fact during Mackie's run, Ghost Rider was vaporized, pulverized, ripped apart, beaten with his own bones, crushed, absorbed within other supernatural entities (the Demogorge and Zarathos) and recovered fully from it.

Either way it would be an interesting match up since both are bad-asses but Ghost Rider is a force of nature, and Lobo is just a rogue, so I'd have to say in the end Ghost Rider wins, hands down.

Eh, in the end I think Lobo could simply throw his ass into space.

I would want to see...

Wonder Woman vs. Thor - god and goddess-spawn with enchanted weapons throw down

Batman vs. Daredevil - tricks and gadgets vs ability to dodge any projectile (basically)

Spiderman vs. Hawkman - bug versus bird...why not?

Green Lantern vs. Quasar - they basically have the same power, but uh oh- Quasar's is yellow

Black Canary vs. Syrin or Banshee - fight versus flight

Superman vs. Cyclops? -shouldn't Scott's solar-powered optic blast have the same affect as a red sun? If so....

Flash vs. Quicksilver - I know it's been done, but that is two fast, funny, snarky mofos goin' at it- and that's just good stuff!

That yellow weakness isn't applicable for GL's anymore. Even so, I think Wendell could still take him. Too bad he's dead. I doubt Phyla (the current Quasar) could handle any of the GL's.

And Flash has always been waaaayy too fast for Quicksilver. Even now with Quicksilver's time jump thing he's got going on, I doubt he could muster up enough fight.

What makes you think Wendell can take GL? I always thought they were even but if you know something I don't, please let me know. Just curious.

For all you literary minded geniuses out there; this thread is not for you. I think you'll find your style under the "market share report". Oh, yeah, I hear there's a great literary surveys class at the local junior college. Now, for all of you out there who actually read comics for the fun of it and mentally indulge this subject on occasion

1) It's those literary minded geniuses who write those comics you love to read so much.

2) It's those literary minded geniuses who made comics a more respectable medium by the public at large.

So if you start to notice your nerd status suddenly turning into the status of the cool, you have these literary minded geniuses (or should I say, you have US) to thank for it.

Either that, or you can continue being the lowly marvelite that you are.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot. I want to see Thor vs. Superman then Nick Fury vs. Batman. Green Arrow vs. Daredevil and Peter Parker vs. Wally West. And icing on the cake would be James Barnes vs. Jason Todd.

What makes you think Wendell can take GL? I always thought they were even but if you know something I don't, please let me know. Just curious.

Didn't say they weren't even in power, I just think that Wendell, having mastered the Quantum bands, could probably take any of the GL's. What makes you think any of the GL's could take Wendell?

I really didn't. I honestly didn't have a clue. That's why I asked you. I thought you knew something that I didn't. I just figured it would be a draw. I wasn't challenging you, just really wanted to know.

That yellow weakness isn't applicable for GL's anymore. Even so, I think Wendell could still take him. Too bad he's dead. I doubt Phyla (the current Quasar) could handle any of the GL's.

And Flash has always been waaaayy too fast for Quicksilver. Even now with Quicksilver's time jump thing he's got going on, I doubt he could muster up enough fight.

Yeah, I knew about the GL-weakness thing, but I still had to put it in!
And Flash's ability to tap into the speed force does make him sort of unstoppable.
That's the major imbalance between DC and Marvel, the DC charcters (The Justice League most of all) are each so powerful in their own right, that Spiderman and Captain America (god rest him) just don't match up power-wise.
If you're going to fight the entire JL, you really need someone like Dark Phoenix or Apocolypse on your team to help keep it balanced.
I mean the Flash can almost be everywhere on earth at the same time- come on, that's just not fair!

I really didn't. I honestly didn't have a clue. That's why I asked you. I thought you knew something that I didn't. I just figured it would be a draw. I wasn't challenging you, just really wanted to know.

I wasn't challenging you, I really wanted to know. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"