BvS The Death of Superman!

An what is this thing about the flowers based on?
An actual pic? An official announcement?
Or just another internet rumor?
As far as what the flowers are for, it could be anything. It doesn't automatically mean he's dead. It could be the anniversary of the fight with Zod, and the flowers are for the people who died that day. Who knows? I certainly don't and neither do you.

And again, is the flower business even real? Some of you folks act like it's a fact when at this point it's simply pure rumor from a website with reliability issues (and is not an official source) anyway. Show me PROOF (a pic or a link to an OFFICIAL source would do) that it's real.
Some of you folks are so gullible.

See above for a link to the spy pictures of people laying flowers at the statue of SM. This is where the speculation for the DOS is coming from. :cwink:

It's not, and it's not destroyed either. Looks like the rest of the statue would be completed with CGI.

How does it go from this
superman-statue-bvs.jpg

To this?
rfpl7cc-new-set-photos-does-this-mean-superman-dies-in-batman-v-superman.webp

Still, using those pics as "proof" that Superman dies in this movie is a huge stretch. It's not proof of anything of the kind at all.

Last edited:
Snyder loves The Death of Superman correct?

And Cavill has said that DOS is one of his favorite ones, yes? And you know that if Cavill name-drops something, it's bound to be featured in the Snyderverse :o

Care to share them? ;)

Because, in honesty, I don't know what to make of it.
What with all news reporters, police officers and emergency units dropping by, I don't know what to make of it.
I just know it's not a memorial statue. And I don't believe the situation that all these extras showing up is because it's a memorial service held because he's dead.
I'm guessing something goes down in Metropolis and the statue is broken. Perhaps the flowers are blown on there because it's near a flower bed in the park or something? Like a bomb going off or Superman crashing around it something?

Yeah,I agree with this.Enough with Superman's death.It seems like the only game in town when it comes to Supe these days.

what to do, they can't make the other stories work.

Death of Superman in his second film would be the equivalent of Star Trek: Into Darkness trying to ape The Wrath of Khan. Both of these are stories that rely to a great extent on the history of the character(s) for their emotional impact.

Shoehorning those plots into a storyline based around younger or less established versions of those characters robs each storyline of much of its power.

I thought Into Darkness did a good job of adapting Wrath of Khan by using story beats in different contexts for different narrative purposes. Whereas old Spock's death was the end of a long friendship, young Kirk's death was the moment that Spock finally realized that they were even friends, the beginning of a long friendship, and I thought it was a great scene.

So long as the movie uses the Death of Superman in a way that's appropriate to where the character is at this point in time, I'll be fine with it.

Last edited:
I thought Into Darkness did a good job of adapting Wrath of Khan by using story beats in different contexts for different narrative purposes. Whereas old Spock's death was the end of a long friendship, young Kirk's death was the moment that Spock finally realized that they were even friends, the beginning of a long friendship, and I thought it was a great scene.

So long as the movie uses the Death of Superman in a way that's appropriate to where the character is at this point in time, I'll be fine with it.

Speaking of "Into Darkness"...maybe they'll just incorporate the elements of the DOS story line, like Abrams did with the "Wrath of Khan" one, when it comes to how people within the DCU would react under the belief that Superman is dead as opposed to Superman actually being dead and only believed by most (for a given period) to have perished from something.

I honestly feel that if they're considering the death of Superman for the second film in the series, it's purely a response to the massive casualties that have become an omnipresent part of MOS discussions since that movie came out.

The thinking seems to be, "Well, if Superman dies for humanity, there's no way we can keep blaming him for all those casualties he was essentially responsible for in MOS!"

I honestly feel that if they're considering the death of Superman for the second film in the series, it's purely a response to the massive casualties that have become an omnipresent part of MOS discussions since that movie came out.

The thinking seems to be, "Well, if Superman dies for humanity, there's no way we can keep blaming him for all those casualties he was essentially responsible for in MOS!"

That's a good point. There's no proof of this, so I won't freak out about it, but it's not entirely illogical. I'm sure they've heard the complaints and might be thinking about ways to smooth it all over. Sadly, gimmicky things sometimes jump into mind before more taxing fixes like showing how superman has learned to prevent more damage during rescues/battles.

In any case, even I can't believe on how far this death discussion has gone considering that all we have to go off of this are photos of statues and a rumor from Latino Review of all places that Doomsday will appear...

To quote this elf, especially since I can't find a gif with the phrase for it.lol

tumblr_n7tnnaTft91qm96aao4_500.gif

"When did we allow evil to grow?" (I think that's the right line.lol)

If it's any comfort, herolee, even if this turns out to be true, it's highly unlikely that he'll stay dead. Although that begs the question...why kill the unkillable?

If it's any comfort, herolee, even if this turns out to be true, it's highly unlikely that he'll stay dead. Although that begs the question...why kill the unkillable?

Him staying dead was never a concern for me.

My only issue was the Justice League being formed without him, during his time dead...let alone on how he might be brought back (ala controlled by the main villain to take on the league, etc.)

Him staying dead was never a concern for me.

My only issue was the Justice League being formed without him, during his time dead...let alone on how he might be brought back (ala controlled by the main villain to take on the league, etc.)

That's a fair complaint. Perhaps he has a massive fight and appears dead, but is really just in a coma or something. They show the world grieving (I guess that's the appeal of a death of supes story). Then he awakens by his own accord and helps form the league as he (and the rest) simultaneously realize that threats great enough to "kill" superman require a team effort.

I can picture him making a Captain Barbossa-style entrance into the first JLA meeting in the ending scene of BvS.

That's the problem. it's way too early in the franchise for it, if it ever will indeed be appropriate.

I rather them get the death out the way, now. So we know they won't try it again later on.

Is the death mandatory? Perhaps they won't try it at any point in the series.

It was one of the biggest hardhitting storylines in the world. It'd be shocking if they didn't.
Snyder and Cavill like it as well. Nolan tackled his favourite Batman stories - heavy influences.

It's every possibility.

It was one of the biggest hardhitting storylines in the world. It'd be shocking if they didn't.
Snyder and Cavill like it as well. Nolan tackled his favourite Batman stories - heavy influences.

It's every possibility.

That's true, but at that time, people didn't know when and if supes would come back (correct me if wrong). Now that the jig is up, will it have the same impact?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"