Superman's Role in Justice League

Superman's true cinematic comeback is going to have to start with JL.

And whoever is in charge of subsequent Superman films need to read Rebirth. DC is doing an excellent job of capturing the character's essence and duality without coming off as hokey or dated.

For as long as I've been visiting the comicvine forums I have never seen the Superman fans there in almost unanimous agreement until Rebirth. The overall consensus is that THIS IS the SUPERMAN we know and love.

I haven't read Rebirth. But I'm hoping they use the resurrection in JL for a transformation. It gives them a plot point where they can make a character pivot. They need to generate goodwill with the GA for Superman and gain positive momentum for a solo film. That's what I'm hoping for.

I haven't read Rebirth. But I'm hoping they use the resurrection in JL for a transformation. It gives them a plot point where they can make a character pivot. They need to generate goodwill with the GA for Superman and gain positive momentum for a solo film. That's what I'm hoping for.

You should. It's a good jumping on point for Superman fans of all ages. If you want a little more back story to Rebirth read Superman: Convergence (2 issues) and Superman: Lois & Clark (8 issues).

And I agree with the rest. Supes' resurrection is the perfect opportunity to put Superman's character on the right trajectory. Especially since his sacrifice seems to have effected humanity for the better Post-BvS.

Thanks for the recommendations. :up:

I believe his return will come with the added achievement of some level of self actualization. The result of his trials over the last two films as well as his death and resurrection.

I believe his return will come with the added achievement of some level of self actualization. The result of his trials over the last two films as well as his death and resurrection.
I agree. A sense of purpose. Not relatability in the human aspect of introspective disposition as he has the past two films realizing his place in the world, wanting to do good, with the burden of God like powers.

I'm glad they gave us this version of a young relatable young Clark Kent and a truly believable world reaction to his abilities. Some view as a savior, others as a fearful alien threat.

I've also always maintained it makes more sense to form a Justice League at all costs BECAUSE Superman has ceased to exist. If he didn't die, what would be the point or need in forming a JLA?

Him joining afterwards with self actualization and sense of purpose to be the teams greatest strength always has made more sense to me.

I'm glad things went down this way in forming the cinematic JLA. Otherwise without Superman's death pushing the team to NEED to come together ... then they're essentially just the super friends. Which is corny.

You should. It's a good jumping on point for Superman fans of all ages. If you want a little more back story to Rebirth read Superman: Convergence (2 issues) and Superman: Lois & Clark (8 issues).

And I agree with the rest. Supes' resurrection is the perfect opportunity to put Superman's character on the right trajectory. Especially since his sacrifice seems to have effected humanity for the better Post-BvS.

Have Superman: Convergence and Superman: Lois and Clark been released in trade paperback form?

Superman: Convergence has been Lois and Clark is soon to be released.

Anyone else feel the DCEU Superman is based on a lot of Jurgen's Superman?I mean I saw him being credited at the end of BvS and I thought,that makes sense cause they are pretty similar.I know MOS drew lots of things from that,from the whole details about Krypton,to including the whole Superman killing Zod thing(which btw Jurgens thought was done much better in the movie than in the comics which is rare for a cb writer to say)...

Jurgen's Superman was very different from the pre-crisis one,he was more human,he was more relatable and he was not an invincible solve everything kind of hero.He failed,he faltered,but he rose again.His first title was named Man of Steel.His Superman also died in his mid-thirties.There is a lot of similarity there.

I also found some inspiration taken from Superman earth one where Clark is deciding over his place in the world,and is drawn into being Superman due to an alien invasion.That also had the whole Ma and Pa Kent telling him to do whatever makes him happy,whether that is saving people or working as a everyday man.They did that aspect in the DCEU too.

Give Superman a voice when he returns in JL.

LOL no bruh yer just bein' greedy wantin' Superman to speak 'n stuff. Just be happy he shows up at all, yo. ;)

LOL no bruh yer just bein' greedy wantin' Superman to speak 'n stuff. Just be happy he shows up at all, yo. ;)

Nope not at all.And I know you are joking.

Supes had a voice in MOS.He was very confident while dealing with the army,and he was warm and playful with martha and Lois.

BvS was mainly about the world's reaction to Superman,and his voice was being purposefully stifled.Although in the UC he has much more of a role.

JL is going to be Supes's resurrection with him being accepted in the world,so thats going to be awesome right? :)

I agree that he had a voice in MOS. I know some people didn't like the film, but I personally really did, and I think that's why I was so annoyed by the way he was handled in BvS.

Anyway, I hope you're right about what happens with him in JL and it's not all spectacle (e.g., Supes flies in and kicks the villain's ass without saying a word).

End of the film there has to be something like this.

[YT]9k7HGReDXuA[/YT]
[YT]4UBQ5y7eZeU[/YT]

Where the POTUS turns the mic over to the Justice League and Batman encourages Superman to speak.

CoAavBLUMAAVdCs.jpg

Since it seems that Zack has a personal preference for Superman and Christ imagery, i imagine Clark's return will mirror that of Jesus, someone will go to his grave and notice that his body has left, do the ''in the third day, he returned from the dead''.

Maybe Arthur will be the Doubting Thomas of the JL and won't believe that (the returned) Superman is the real one until he sticks his finger in the hole where Doomsday stabbed him.

we know nothing. what if the first half of jl is about bruce forming the team, then tehre's a big fight where they are losing, big time. then a red and blue, or black streak pummels the enemy and we have our man of steel in the forefront? rejoins the team and they fight in preparation of the big bad. then we cut to aquaman and flash's movies, then we have another jl movie with thano...darkseid, then a gl corps movie, then batman, then superman 2, then wonder woman 2, then cyborg and the titans, then jl 3 - brainiac.

I don't care how uncool I sound, I still say he should return accompanied by the John Williams theme.

But then I'm old as ****, so what do I know?

Last edited:
End of the film there has to be something like this.

[YT]9k7HGReDXuA[/YT]
[YT]4UBQ5y7eZeU[/YT]

Where the POTUS turns the mic over to the Justice League and Batman encourages Superman to speak.

This. All of this :applaud

Perhaps they'll resurrect Superman early, and have him spend much of the second act of the film regaining his strength and figuring out what to do next.

Then, at the end of the second act the JL is in serious trouble until Superman swoops in and saves them all. The third act will be the group gearing up to stop Steppenwolf and his army, the final battle and of course the the JL being celebrated by the public.

And Superman finally being accepted by the world.

I don't care how uncool I sound, I still say he should return accompanied by the John Williams theme.

But then I'm old as ****, so what do I know?
Is the theme used in Reeves movies? If the answer is yes, then I am in total agreement!

It would be cool if he was the one who convinces Aquaman to join and if the team is having trouble working together, Superman shows up and everything aligns.

He can't just show up and recruit Arthur. That would be the biggest head scratch for audiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"