Guardians of the Galaxy The Djimon Hounsou Thread - Korath the Pursuer

Been a big fan of Djimon ever since "Blood Diamond" so it's nice to finally see him join the MCU. :D

Is it possible he's Sakaaran in this?

If they keep Korath Kree and have him black yet not have his difference acknowledged by Ronan then it will be even a more backwards decision than making Torch black.
That would mean the entire characterization of the Kree would be turned on its head being as they are the blue minority which sees itself superior to any other Kree.

I'd rather they have changed Korath into a borg programmed for pursuing, or something to that extent.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Marvel has partial rights to the Kree at best. Despite James Gunn's single comment that confirms Ronan is a Kree, we have seen absolutely nothing that indicates that the Kree are a major force in this film.

Some major things I've noticed: There was no casting for the supreme intelligence, no Kree action figures, Djimon Honsou leaked that Ronan and Korath serve Thanos, which would presumably contradict their service to the Kree empire. Korath himself is black, not blue. I think Ronan is a Sakaraan in this film, and perhaps Korath along with him.

If Fox has complete rights to the Badoon, who only appeared in one Silver Surfer comic, they definitely have some rights to the Kree, who have multiple appearances in the Fantastic 4 and Silver Surfer stories.

we've been through this. Ronan does not have to be working for the Kree to be a Kree, nor do they have to be or should they be expected to be exactly like they are from the comics. There is too much to get into about the Kree and Skrulls to introduce them fully in a movie that is not about them, that is why Marvel are not casting all these things you're talking about, they don't want to.

If Fox has complete rights to the Badoon, who only appeared in one Silver Surfer comic, they definitely have some rights to the Kree, who have multiple appearances in the Fantastic 4 and Silver Surfer stories.
This is flawed, strawman logic. By this logic Fox should also have partial rights to the Inhumans and Black Panther, which they don't.

Last edited:
What a mess these franchising rights make for.
I'm open to change but I hate when a change is forced. There is a domino effect to each change that is made and it be a shame if the Kree were reduced to an army of grunts as were the Chitauri were and robbed of their distinct cultural personality and history which made them interesting in the first place.
And an even bigger shame if the relatively new and interesting Sakaaran culture and history gets taken down with it as well.
The class division of the Sakaarans are just as interesting to me as that of the Kree and I know Marvel Studios doesn't do it on purpose but I don't want Marvel Cosmic to be this amorphous blob of aliens only to be remarked by their looks with no depth to them at all and no sense of a greater universe of diverse races, cultures and customs.

Maybe Ronan is banished from the Kree Empire in this film, I believe he was banished at the time of Annihilation. That could explain the lack of Kree presence and why Ronan is working for Thanos.

we've been through this. Ronan does not have to be working for the Kree to be a Kree, nor do they have to be or should they be expected to be exactly like they are from the comics. There is too much to get into about the Kree and Skrulls to introduce them fully in a movie that is not about them, that is why Marvel are not casting all these things you're talking about, they don't want to.

This is flawed, strawman logic. By this logic Fox should also have partial rights to the Inhumans and Black Panther, which they don't.

They could easily have the Kree Empire as a focal point of this film if they weren't also clogging it with Sakaarans and Nova Corpsman. The Sakaarans are completely unnecessary.

The truth is we know zilch about how these contracts work. Maybe during these negotiations, Marvel made Black Panther and Inhumans exceptions/ took them off the table. Right now the facts we have point to little/ nothing about the Kree in this film.

Last edited:
GOTG_Bus-Shelter_Korath_v1_lg-720x1050.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"