Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Easter Egg Thread

I took it as we'll see Tony sometime soon, but not IM. I mean, you wouldn't put "Steve Rogers will be back" instead of "Captain America will be back".

But int he end Tony said "I AM IRON MAN" and then they said stark will return...so they are a package deal obviously

But int he end Tony said "I AM IRON MAN" and then they said stark will return...so they are a package deal obviously

True, I didn't think of looking at it that way, probably because it just happened. It just seems that the selling point is saying Iron Man.

Then again, if they'd closed it with "IRON MAN WILL RETURN," the conspiracy theorists would be out in full force saying "oh, notice they didn't say TONY STARK will return....I bet Pepper or Rhodey is going to be the new Iron Man rawr rawr rawr :cmad: "

Best thing to do is to not overanalyze it anywhere past "Yes, this franchise is still going strong, and yes, so is Avengers. We're still sorting out RDJ's contract, but everything is still on the table."
Good point, but now conspiracy theorists are out there saying "oh, notice they didn't say IRON MAN will return... blah blah blah"

This particular discussion does remind me of Feige's comments about the character being like James Bond, that eventually different actors will step into the role and continue the franchise. Remember that the later Bond movies have simply said "James Bond Will Return" during their end credits (due to the name of the next movie no longer being known). I think it's appropriate that they identify Tony Stark by name here, sort of paralleling what they do with 007.

Then again, if they'd closed it with "IRON MAN WILL RETURN," the conspiracy theorists would be out in full force saying "oh, notice they didn't say TONY STARK will return....I bet Pepper or Rhodey is going to be the new Iron Man rawr rawr rawr :cmad: "

Best thing to do is to not overanalyze it anywhere past "Yes, this franchise is still going strong, and yes, so is Avengers. We're still sorting out RDJ's contract, but everything is still on the table."

Good point, but now conspiracy theorists are out there saying "oh, notice they didn't say IRON MAN will return... blah blah blah"

This particular discussion does remind me of Feige's comments about the character being like James Bond, that eventually different actors will step into the role and continue the franchise. Remember that the later Bond movies have simply said "James Bond Will Return" during their end credits (due to the name of the next movie no longer being known). I think it's appropriate that they identify Tony Stark by name here, sort of paralleling what they do with 007.

OT, but do you guys know what "conspiracy theorists" or "conspiracies" are?......

Another easter egg was that they threw in some fake names into the films credits to keep it as long as possible, so fans had to wait nearly 10 minutes for the post-credit scene.

Jarvis had a Christmas stocking. I thought that was cute.

Another easter egg was that they threw in some fake names into the films credits to keep it as long as possible, so fans had to wait nearly 10 minutes for the post-credit scene.

is that true?

Jarvis had a Christmas stocking. I thought that was cute.

and, hahahha! how sweet of Tony, or maybe it was Pepper's idea?

Not sure about this one but after the restaurant scene when Tony runs out I thought I saw Mickey Rourke in the crowd.

Was the female reporter outside of the hospital the same one from the first 2 films?

And happy mentions Tony hanging with his 'Super Friends'. Nice little nod to the DC Justice League

OT, but do you guys know what "conspiracy theorists" or "conspiracies" are?......

No; I assumed "conspiracy theorists" was a French phrase meaning "a thick soup made from cornstarch and goat cheese." Maybe you could tell us all what it means? :huh:

I forgot when it was but in Tony Stark's workshop there were some screens in the background with various images on them similar to the screens in the S.H.E.I.L.D Garage in Iron Man 2. Once the Blu-ray comes out i will have to freeze frame it to see what were on the screens.

of course you mean the Avengers...:o :cwink:

I know he was referring to THE AVENGERS but instead of saying that he called them a name referencing The Justice League. May not have been the intention but it is what it is

So remember the scene with the "Mandarin" and the Roxxon guy about to get shot in the head in 30 seconds?

In the end credits, one of the scenes used in the credits is of the Roxxon guy getting up and shaking the "Mandarin's" hand when he's suppose to be dead...

Roxxon's in on it...

Killian's appearance changes echo the Mandarin as portrayed during different eras.

He starts out with buck-teeth, like 60's Mandarin. In videos of him performing extremis experiments he has Knauf's era Mandarin's look. When shirtless he has a dragon tattoo like 80's Mandarin.

^^ Nice finds on both.
Wonder if Roxxon will lead to the Serpent Crown storyline....maybe even referenced in CATWS?

Seems unlikely, but I bet we see Roxxon again in some way.

Here's another one... Got it from another forum.

While Tony Stark is thought to be dead, after the attack on his mansion, he commandeers a television news van while laying low to research his attacker. After he instructs his "biggest fan" to increase the power on the roof of the truck, Stark is seen looking up information on Extremis.

In the background, one of the monitors shows that a thunderstorm is on the East Coast. What Avenger is associated with thunder? A God of Thunder.

ie....Thor 2 could be taking place in the same timeline as IM3. So that explains why thor doesn't help stark. :woot:

Here's another one... Got it from another forum.

While Tony Stark is thought to be dead, after the attack on his mansion, he commandeers a television news van while laying low to research his attacker. After he instructs his "biggest fan" to increase the power on the roof of the truck, Stark is seen looking up information on Extremis.

In the background, one of the monitors shows that a thunderstorm is on the East Coast. What Avenger is associated with thunder? A God of Thunder.

ie....Thor 2 could be taking place in the same timeline as IM3. So that explains why thor doesn't help stark. :woot:
nice find. but I think the Midgard scenes in TDW will take place in England

Tony must be a fan of the Peanuts comic strip as a record album of theirs is seen in his workshop next to the record player.

For those young ones they might want to google what a record album is. :p

Not sure this counts as an easter egg per se, but I just rewatched IM1, and noticed that the Ten Rings logo that we see on all the TV feeds in IM3 was already there in a few scenes of IM1. Notably, when Tony is first taken hostage, and the terrorists are filming him with his hood being removed, the red banner behind them all has that same logo. It makes sense that it would, but it was a detail that I had completely missed before.
iron-man-ten-rings.jpg

nice find. but I think the Midgard scenes in TDW will take place in England

Yep.
I'll admit that they seemed to make a bit of a big deal about the big thunderstorm in the background on TVs, though.....my guess is that it was part of a plot point that got left on the cutting room floor. Probably something mundane, though, like using an east-coast storm to explain why he wasn't able to get cell-phone coverage or communicate with JARVIS or Rhodey in some deleted scene or other.

I may not be right but I thought I saw a reference to x men on the children's drawings sent to stark, will need to pause it when it's out to check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"