Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Easter Egg Thread

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
If this thread already exists or this is discussed elswhere, please forgive me. I did a search but found nothing.
Anyway, did anyone of you notice any easter eggs and hints in this movie at all? I saw Iron Man 3 three times already, but I can't recall ANY easter egg comparable to all those precious painted rabbit droppings in Phase I. Am I just blind? Did I miss the obvious?

Only the fact that the "main" suit of armor was Mark 42. 42 is a pretty Easter Eggy number in these Marvel movies.

The obvious stuff that is shout outs to the Avengers and the battle of New York.

Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner after the credits

I am not sure you can classify this as a EE...

The doctor who operated on tony stark in the 1st movie makes a cameo in this

I would say so, because its not made a big deal of and just a throw away type scene.

Killian has a throwaway line about Thor, something about "That guy falling from the sky with that hammer..." is about all else I can think of.

I am not sure you can classify this as a EE...

The doctor who operated on tony stark in the 1st movie makes a cameo in this
In addition to Jinsen being in the film, the prologue shows what he referred to in Iron Man:
Yinsen: We met once, you know, at a technical conference in Bern. Stark: I don't remember.
Yinsen: No, you wouldn't. If I had been that drunk, I wouldn't have been able to stand, much less give a lecture on integrated circuits.

If there's any easter eggs in this film, I didn't see any upon my single (so far) viewing of the film.

I would imagine we'll be seeing a fair amount of them once we get the blu ray and fans start parsing through this movie frame by frame.

In Tony's workshop I noticed Tony has the remains of his Stark racing car that Whiplash destroyed from Iron Man 2 converted into a ball like trophy near the stair entrance.

i didn't notice easter eggs...but I did pick up on a lot of things that could hint at the future of the MCU

I loved how we got to see Ho Yinsen meeting with Stark in 1999 pre-Afghanistan Iron Man.

In Tony's workshop I noticed Tony has the remains of his Stark racing car that Whiplash destroyed from Iron Man 2 converted into a ball like trophy near the stair entrance.

Is that what that was? I kept looking at and couldn't figure it out haha.

Not really an Easter egg but
at one point in the Malibu mansion Pepper says "you really need to do something about that wall" to which Tony replies "some guys are coming round tomorrow to knock it down" which foreshadows the attack on his house.

^ My least favorite Stan cameo yet, to be honest haha. But no matter.
I loved the Yinsen cameo, by the way. That was great.
Only the fact that the "main" suit of armor was Mark 42. 42 is a pretty Easter Eggy number in these Marvel movies.
What significance does 42 have in the comics? Only one I can think of is the holding cell 42 from Civil War.

Its not an easter egg, but Adam Pally playing Gary the camera guy was amazing for me, since I LOVE Happy Endings.

Its not an easter egg, but Adam Pally playing Gary the camera guy was amazing for me, since I LOVE Happy Endings.

He's the overly-obsessed Iron Man fanboy from some of the ads, correct?

Probably. I haven't really watched any of the commercials for the movie before seeing it, wanted to go in fresh.

Well I saw obviously a few things:

A.I.M. obviously means we could get future threats from that

RoXxon corporation...Molten Man??? Other threats???

Ellen Brandt--Ted Sallis's wife who Ted becomes Man-Thing (Ellen actually works for A.I.M.)

Those were some neat ones for me....

Would've love to have seen A.I.M. H.Q. from set pics maybe we would've seen the yellow bee keeper outfit in R&D.

Something I noticed...

When Killian is showing Pepper his brain, he "accidentally" shows the view of the galaxy - it's the same exact view that was used in Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger (when the Red Skull opens the Tesseract). Maybe AIM has some interest in Thor and it'll be explained in The Dark World.

Something I noticed...

When Killian is showing Pepper his brain, he "accidentally" shows the view of the galaxy - it's the same exact view that was used in Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger (when the Red Skull opens the Tesseract). Maybe AIM has some interest in Thor and it'll be explained in The Dark World.

Good catch :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"