Iron Man 3 The Iron Man 3 Easter Egg Thread

Something I noticed...

When Killian is showing Pepper his brain, he "accidentally" shows the view of the galaxy - it's the same exact view that was used in Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger (when the Red Skull opens the Tesseract). Maybe AIM has some interest in Thor and it'll be explained in The Dark World.

More like reusing old footage.

This may be nothing but I thought Happy Hogan's conversation with Pepper about replacing the cleaning staff with robots that tony has in his basement could be an early reference to ultron. Hogan's exact words were "The human element of Human resources is our biggest point of over billing." Replacing humanity plays a role in the ultron storyline.

This may be nothing but I thought Happy Hogan's conversation with Pepper about replacing the cleaning staff with robots that tony has in his basement could be an early reference to ultron. Hogan's exact words were "The human element of Human resources is our biggest point of over billing." Replacing humanity plays a role in the ultron storyline.

I too had this idea when it was mentioned... but forgotten all about it while watching the rest of the film.

More like reusing old footage.

So what if it turns out to be old footage? The point is it was used, for some reason. It's an easter egg, and it points at *something* cosmic.

Good point. I wouldn't be surprised if/when Ultron makes it into the MCU, this line is reused.

were the scars on Ellen Brandt's face symbolic of the scars she had in the comics?

I'd say so. It's a wink and a nod to Serious Diehard Fanboys, and probably won't amount to more than just this easter egg; but it *is* comforting (seriously) to think that there may be a Man-Thing loose in the swamps of the MCU.

maybe she lost her limb in AIM experiments to make a Man-Thing (a hulk like escape from the labs) :woot:..

if her face was seen in the early trailers, all the people that were sure that she was 'the Wasp' would have said that these were the scars of Pym's abuse..:cwink:

That was also my thinking as well.

You guys are correct it is fin gang foom. Here is drew Pearce and Shane black talking about it and mandarins cape:Because Fin Fang Foom has been hinted at in the other films, did you have any thoughts of putting Fin Fang Foom into it?

Drew: I think we toyed around with it at some points.

Shane: Well, the chest is Fin Fang Foom...

Drew: And on the inside of his cape-

Shane: But that's not really in the movie, it's more in the trailer.

Drew: It isn't!?

Read more at http://www.**************.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=78028#mTclxJ0gdYWMKVZB.99

Anybody notice the car at the end had something that ended in "tron"?

I just took that as "Our brain is as amazing and beautiful as the galaxy." However, that take is really interesting and it's entirely plausible AIM would have interest in that sort of stuff.

That was my interpretation as well.

Considering that AIM was responsible for the cosmic cube in the comics is it plausible that AIM is developing their own version of it and the 'galaxy' which some are saying is similar to the ones we've seen in Thor and Captain America could herald the return of the Red Skull through AIM?

Considering that AIM was responsible for the cosmic cube in the comics is it plausible that AIM is developing their own version of it and the 'galaxy' which some are saying is similar to the ones we've seen in Thor and Captain America could herald the return of the Red Skull through AIM?

Hmmm... That's really interesting. Given that both the Cube and Killian's projections of the brain looked very similar.

Not really an easter egg but the guy who played Whiplash's "decoy" from IM2 was one of Killian's thugs.

I wish they'd made Harley as Amandus Cho. It wouldn't of had to mean anything, but it would have been a nice little Easter Egg.

I wish they'd made Harley as Amandus Cho. It wouldn't of had to mean anything, but it would have been a nice little Easter Egg.

I wish they'd made Harley *anybody* from the comics.

I don't hate the kid or anything like that, and he did a great job with the role he was given, but the Rose Hill midpoint is the weak point of this movie, imho. It could've been bolstered big time by making Tony's sidekick (be it a kid, or a cop, or an investigative journalist, or whoever) an actual easter-egg cameo. Wasted opportunity to bring in a "name" character --- preferably somebody from the Iron Man mythos, like Bethany Cabe, or Kevin O'Brien, or Sal Kennedy, or some such.

It would've meant something if they wanted to use Amadeus Cho at a later point in the MCU. At least as Harley he doesn't have an consequence to the later MCU.

In TIH, the kid Banner delivers pizza to is called Amadeus in the novelisation, unsure about the movie.

Something I noticed...

When Killian is showing Pepper his brain, he "accidentally" shows the view of the galaxy - it's the same exact view that was used in Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger (when the Red Skull opens the Tesseract). Maybe AIM has some interest in Thor and it'll be explained in The Dark World.

Great catch! And it's important because in the comics, AIM was the original creator of the Cosmic Cube, aka the Tesseract. Since seeing The Avengers I have speculated that the scientists Clint Barton recruited to help Dr. Selvig work on the Tesseract were in fact from AIM. There's no proof of that from the movie, but perhaps they were and that's why Killian had that particular map.

The episode of Downton Abbey that Happy Hogan was so intent on watching at the end was an Easter Egg of sorts.

tumblr_mmd9zg4xsE1qa3cldo1_r1_500.png

tumblr_mmd9zg4xsE1qa3cldo2_r1_500.png

That's just....

tumblr_inline_mkpovgfjuK1qz4rgp_zps2f9eb731.gif

I've been wondering and haven't seen it discussed here (it's certainly possible I may have missed it) but what do you guys think they meant by "TONY STARK WILL RETURN" at the end of the credits and even after the Banner scene? I took that as a "RDJ or no RDJ, don't worry we'll have a Tony Stark somewhere" kind of vibe.

I wish they'd made Harley *anybody* from the comics.

I don't hate the kid or anything like that, and he did a great job with the role he was given, but the Rose Hill midpoint is the weak point of this movie, imho. It could've been bolstered big time by making Tony's sidekick (be it a kid, or a cop, or an investigative journalist, or whoever) an actual easter-egg cameo. Wasted opportunity to bring in a "name" character --- preferably somebody from the Iron Man mythos, like Bethany Cabe, or Kevin O'Brien, or Sal Kennedy, or some such.

Eh they already wasted the names Ellent Brandt and Jack Taggert IMO...why use more names for tiny roles?

I've been wondering and haven't seen it discussed here (it's certainly possible I may have missed it) but what do you guys think they meant by "TONY STARK WILL RETURN" at the end of the credits and even after the Banner scene? I took that as a "RDJ or no RDJ, don't worry we'll have a Tony Stark somewhere" kind of vibe.

I took it to mean that we may not necessarily see Iron Man in Avengers 2 but definitely Tony Stark. Doubtful that will be the actual case.

I took it to mean that we may not necessarily see Iron Man in Avengers 2 but definitely Tony Stark. Doubtful that will be the actual case.

I didn't think of that but I guess it's plausible. Maybe it was apologetic to the audience in the sense of "please don't be mad at us for seemingly closing this story! He'll be in Avengers 2!"

I took it as we'll see Tony sometime soon, but not IM. I mean, you wouldn't put "Steve Rogers will be back" instead of "Captain America will be back".

Then again, if they'd closed it with "IRON MAN WILL RETURN," the conspiracy theorists would be out in full force saying "oh, notice they didn't say TONY STARK will return....I bet Pepper or Rhodey is going to be the new Iron Man rawr rawr rawr :cmad: "

Best thing to do is to not overanalyze it anywhere past "Yes, this franchise is still going strong, and yes, so is Avengers. We're still sorting out RDJ's contract, but everything is still on the table."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"