The Dark Knight The Ending: Your Way

Conebone69

The Legend Ends
Reaction score
Everybody knows that the ending for TDK could of been improved. So, I wanted to see some of the stuff you guys could come up with for the ending that would be better.

Heres mine: Instead of two-face going after gordons family he goes after joker. He realizes that its all jokers fault that what happend to him and rachel. So two-face shows up with a gun where joker overlooks the ferrys in the building. Joker tries to talk to two-face but hes so angry that he just ignores it. Just as two-face is about to shoot joker, batman appears from the darkness. Batman tries to talk two-face out of killing joker but as soon as you think he changes his mind, he shoots batman. Two-face then slowly approches joker with the gun aimed to his head. Everything is silent for a few moments until two-face says "You left me to die... so let me repay the favor." As he talks the music builds up with intensity. Batman leaps out and takes down harvey with a mighty blow. Two-face lays unconcious as batman gets up to face joker. Joker takes out a knife as batman comes at him. Then batman and joker duke it out for a little bit until joker somehow pins batman down to the edge of the window. Then joker says whatever he said in the movie. He finishes talking to batman by asking him, "You know how I got these scars?" Batman replies, "No, but I know how you got these." Immeadiatly the blades from his gauntlets shoot out and hit joker in the face sending him flying out of the window. His fall is broken by batmans grappling gun. He reels him up and then they talk for a little bit (same as it was in the movie). After they talk batman leaves joker hanging upside down outside the window. Then it cuts to a shot of the new wayne manor, looking almost exactly as it did before. Then bruce and alfred come into the picture. They look at it as they exchange a few words, then they walk up the stairs to the door as the camera pans out while some soft emotional music plays in the background. The screen suddenly goes black and then it cuts to a SWAT team rushing up some stairs to where the joker was hanging. They look around the room and notice two-face unconcious on the ground. But no sign of joker anywhere. "Where did he go?" One of the SWAT member asked. They approach the window where joker was hanging and they look down to see a dizzying drop. But still no sign of him...

I wouldn't change the ending. I loved it and look foward to the next movie

I don't mind that ending, except it makes the hospital scene a little pointless, since it was about Joker manipulating Two-Face into thinking it was everybody else but the Joker who put him in this state.

Everybody knows that the ending for TDK could of been improved. So, I wanted to see some of the stuff you guys could come up with for the ending that would be better.

Heres mine: Instead of two-face going after gordons family he goes after joker. He realizes that its all jokers fault that what happend to him and rachel. So two-face shows up with a gun where joker overlooks the ferrys in the building. Joker tries to talk to two-face but hes so angry that he just ignores it. Just as two-face is about to shoot joker, batman appears from the darkness. Batman tries to talk two-face out of killing joker but as soon as you think he changes his mind, he shoots batman. Two-face then slowly approches joker with the gun aimed to his head. Everything is silent for a few moments until two-face says "You left me to die... so let me repay the favor." As he talks the music builds up with intensity. Batman leaps out and takes down harvey with a mighty blow. Two-face lays unconcious as batman gets up to face joker. Joker takes out a knife as batman comes at him. Then batman and joker duke it out for a little bit until joker somehow pins batman down to the edge of the window. Then joker says whatever he said in the movie. He finishes talking to batman by asking him, "You know how I got these scars?" Batman replies, "No, but I know how you got these." Immeadiatly the blades from his gauntlets shoot out and hit joker in the face sending him flying out of the window. His fall is broken by batmans grappling gun. He reels him up and then they talk for a little bit (same as it was in the movie). After they talk batman leaves joker hanging upside down outside the window. Then it cuts to a shot of the new wayne manor, looking almost exactly as it did before. Then bruce and alfred come into the picture. They look at it as they exchange a few words, then they walk up the stairs to the door as the camera pans out while some soft emotional music plays in the background. The screen suddenly goes black and then it cuts to a SWAT team rushing up some stairs to where the joker was hanging. They look around the room and notice two-face unconcious on the ground. But no sign of joker anywhere. "Where did he go?" One of the SWAT member asked. They approach the window where joker was hanging and they look down to see a dizzying drop. But still no sign of him...
not EVERYONE......

the ending was great. I wouldn't change it.

Everybody knows that the ending for TDK could of been improved.

It doesn't need to be changed, it was one of the most powerful and moving endings I've ever seen.

Two Face going after Joker cuts the legs out from under of the Joker Nolan created.

I wouldn't change a thing. It was great. My favorite part was when Gordon narrated as Batman ran.

quote]

Whoa...whoa...whoa... you gave "TDK" an 8/10? It's clearly a 9 or 10/10. I was disappointed to see Lucius leaving and Two-Face dying but I understood that it made the movie complete. Harvey fell from grace but was redeemed in the end and Lucius left because he didn't want to become a part of something unethical and soon realize that Bruce Wayne had become more of Batman and willing to push the limits of himself and his company to get his bad guys and nab them.

I wouldn't change a thing about the movie, those were just minor disappointments but the movie was stellar and the cast was stupendous. Although, I do wish at the end credits we saw Joker getting away or breaking out of Arkham and be continued in movie 3 with Gordon investigating Arkham and finding out that Joker had friends in the inside (Hugo Strange and Harley Quinn) to bust him out.

I think the posts in this thread invalidate the first sentence of your original post, Conebone

So you wanted a major villain to die after about 10 minutes of screentime?

Nolan's Two-face wouldn't continue doing crimes. He just wanted revenge for Rachel. After that, what else is he going to do?

The ending was alright... but I would rather Two-Face start coughing or move after that fall... Cause Two-Face needed to have lived.

because it's saying Joker is not in control and that's what makes him so terrifying is that all the chaos, anarchy and random acts of violence is just a diversion "I'm just a dog chasing cars" to the fact that he's a brilliant and calculating mad man that's pulling the strings "everyone has an ace in the hole and mine was Harvey"

Everybody knows that the ending for TDK could of been improved.

No. You think the ending could of been improved because you have your own vision of how the movie should have ended, you like your vision the most and you´re reasuring your opinion to yourself as a fact, therefore asuming more people feel the same way as you do, that´s the reason you use "everybody knows" instead of "I think", which would have been better to say, ever since it´s only a matter of opinion and there´s no such thing as a "wrong opinion", but you´re stating yours as a fact, and if you wanna talk facts, let´s take a look to the fans and critics reviews saying the ending was just perfect, and we´re talking about a 95 % here, so there you go...

And just in case I didn´t make myself clear : YOU.ARE.WRONG.

:brucebat:

Polux

cbone, I don't think he died so his screen time in this movie doesn't bother me. I believe he will be the main villan inthe third movie

Well most people anyway...
No...not most people. Critics loved it, I loved it, and according to the poll, well over 90% thought it was a 9/10 or 10/10. So the ending was fine.

You went into this movie with a notion in your head about how you wanted things to go down and they didn't so you are trying to justify your letdown by rationalizing in your head that most people hated this or a lot of people hated that...well they didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"