The Dark Knight The Ending: Your Way

Heck, I loved the movie... but there is a lot of "CONEBONE FAILS" and "You suck" in this thread.

Oh, I agree. I don't think there's any reason to personally attack the guy.

Well, its quite annoying when people try to speak for the majority when what they're saying is completely wrong, criticize something, and then goes on to write an ending that dosent have half the excitement of the one we got, and really comes off as fan fiction rather than a fitting end to a movie
Ok well I was mistaken about how many people actually liked the ending. To me, it seemed like more people thought it wasnt that great but I guess not

Everybody knows that the ending for TDK could of been improved. So, I wanted to see some of the stuff you guys could come up with for the ending that would be better.

Heres mine: Instead of two-face going after gordons family he goes after joker. He realizes that its all jokers fault that what happend to him and rachel.

I thought the ending was the way it should be... Dent had a vendetta against the people that killed Rachel and the people that let Rachel get killed. The Joker doing that to Harvey was what the mob wanted him to do, he just spiced it up. Dent got back at the mob, then went after Gordon--> Dent told Gordon that Ramirez and Chubs couldn't be trusted, but Gordon didn't listen... if he did, Rachel and Dent would be married and happy. As for bringing Bats into it, Dent was pissed that Batman saved him and not Rachel. Personally I thought all parts of the ending (including Batman having to kill Harvey) fit perfectly.

cone, don't worry bout it. you're still kewl!!!

Not enough close up bat butt shots and a Purple Gorrilla doing the hoola dance would of been a perfect way to end. I still wonder why we didn't see the bat credit card at all in the movie...

cone, don't worry bout it. you're still kewl!!!
Lol, thanks man...

Well, I guess this thread can be closed now... unless theres anyone else that would like to slip in another quick "FAIL"

I think that part of the reason the ending sat so well with me was that it helped bridge whatever ounce of hesitation Gordan had with Batman. It was needed, I think, in order to bridge that gap of trust and forward Gordan and Batman's relationship. After all, he's one of the FEW people Batman can trust. I loved it, especially with the moving monologue at the ending... beautiful ending.

The ending is what made the movie for me. I definitely read too much about this movie, so a lot of stuff was spoiled. I know I avoided a lot of the big spoilers, but I felt slightly let down most of the way through. However, the ending sealed the deal for me. That was brilliant.

Well, I guess this thread can be closed now...

Not really, there is total merit to your topic. Like some people would have liked to see the faint hint of life in Harvey. It's just you started out making an incorrect generalization and you ended up derailing your own discussion with it. Get it back on track to the point of the thread and I'm sure there will be plenty of interesting ideas here.

Great ending, I wouldn't change a thing.

I know this isn't the ending but it's part of the conclusion, but looking back now after a couple of viewings. I wish the movie would have showed more emotional rage from Batman when he went after the joker in the construction building. After all he lost a love interest, and a life long friend in Rachel cause of that "murdering psychopath" as he put it. And I wish they would have brought some of those emotions out more in that scene.

I thought the ending was fine. I do wish that there was more definitive evidence that Two-Face is dead just so people would stop saying "I saw him breathing!" when he wasn't. Also, the music should have been toned down a bit because I could barely hear Gordon's speech.

Honestly not a thing. Unless you count lowering the theme music so we can hear what Commissioner Gordon is saying clearer. Otherwise it was perfect and the confrontation between Batman, Two-Face and Jim Gordon with the family's lives in the balance is my favorite scene in the movie.

Turning it into a slugfest where all the bad guys are rightly punished, Batman's moral code and (mis)decisions are not put under scrutiny and doesn't use Gary Oldman sounds very formulaic and very...anti-climactic. The great thing about the ending is the Batman vs. Joker finale is not the climax, it is merely a diversion for Batman.

I simply loved the ending for this movie.

Everybody knows

Whenever I read these words in an opinion piece, I head for the hills. And in this case it's a major wtf.

You're going to have to come up with a way better ending than that to top the one we got.

Not really, there is total merit to your topic. Like some people would have liked to see the faint hint of life in Harvey. It's just you started out making an incorrect generalization and you ended up derailing your own discussion with it. Get it back on track to the point of the thread and I'm sure there will be plenty of interesting ideas here.

There is merit, but this thread isn't neccesary. I'm sorry if I'm sounding just like the cliche forum-order-obsessed geek here but this is about the 5th topic on the ending and could have easily been placed in such. I had to place my The Dark Knight Reading List in Mister J's Comics Nod thread even though I could've started a new topic. But I didn't because it wasn't neccesary.

I'm sorry. But Conebone, this thread is useless and I hope I'm the last one to state it.

Harvey went after Gordan because he never liked Gordan's people, and the movie stressed this point since the very beginning. That's why it made more sense to tie everything up this way, plus it made Gordan more important to the story, which in the Batman universe, he is.

Everybody knows that the ending for TDK could of been improved.
O rly?
So, I wanted to see some of the stuff you guys could come up with for the ending that would be better.

Heres mine: Instead of two-face going after gordons family he goes after joker. He realizes that its all jokers fault that what happend to him and rachel. So two-face shows up with a gun where joker overlooks the ferrys in the building. Joker tries to talk to two-face but hes so angry that he just ignores it. Just as two-face is about to shoot joker, batman appears from the darkness. Batman tries to talk two-face out of killing joker but as soon as you think he changes his mind, he shoots batman. Two-face then slowly approches joker with the gun aimed to his head. Everything is silent for a few moments until two-face says "You left me to die... so let me repay the favor."
Two-Face had the opportunity to kill the Joker in the hospital, but let the coin decide his fate. There's no reason for Two-Face to try to kill Joker after the coin toss. This isn't Schumacher's Two-Face where he keeps flipping the coin until it make the decision he wants. :dry: And really... the 'left me for dead' line was used in Begins. The last thing we need is to give the nitpickers ammo about how the repetition of lines from that film extended into this one as well.
After they talk batman leaves joker hanging upside down outside the window. Then it cuts to a shot of the new wayne manor, looking almost exactly as it did before. Then bruce and alfred come into the picture. They look at it as they exchange a few words, then they walk up the stairs to the door as the camera pans out while some soft emotional music plays in the background. The screen suddenly goes black and then it cuts to a SWAT team rushing up some stairs to where the joker was hanging. They look around the room and notice two-face unconcious on the ground. But no sign of joker anywhere. "Where did he go?" One of the SWAT member asked. They approach the window where joker was hanging and they look down to see a dizzying drop. But still no sign of him...
Uh.. Wayne Manor is still being rebuilt in this movie and that was mentioned by Alfred. Like Gary Oldman jokingly said in a recent interview, certain other directors (presumably Schumacher) would have made the mansion magically reappear, but Nolan wants these movies to stay somewhat feasible. Magically rebuilt manor = fail. There just wasn't enough time passing in this film for it to happen, though it should be completed by the third film. Also, I'm glad that we didn't get the Joker turning into Michael Myers idea you're proposing. In short, I'm happy you're not the one who wrote the ending for the movie. :oldrazz: Much more satisfied with what we got and I don't know if I would have changed a single thing.

Two-Face breathes, and some indication that Batman Gordon went on to have him hidden away somewhere--possibly as a John Doe at some overseas asylum (perhaps as one of the short vignettes they showed, such as Fox sdestroying the sonar array and Dent's memorial).

Maybe alter Gordon's voice over slightly. That's all. The rest of the ending was right on target. Very potent.

I wasn't a fan of the voice over either but other than that I thought it was great.

the movie should have ended with joker blowing up the hospital. at that point, harvey was "transformed" and that wonderful bit when joker is walking out of the hospital. it was perfected. i thought the whole twoface killing people at the end was pointless. we got the message.

I think the ending was great because the bad guy won and it didn't blatently set up a sequel like so many part 2's of movies these days. The movie was totally self contained, another will get made, but it's not really needed to end the story. Sure it might've been nice if Two-Face lived because he's such a great villian, but I don't think a story could've been made to work with the character in this incarnation. I guess I just liked it because it was different from most movies these days.

the movie should have ended with joker blowing up the hospital. at that point, harvey was "transformed" and that wonderful bit when joker is walking out of the hospital. it was perfected. i thought the whole twoface killing people at the end was pointless. we got the message.

So absolutely no resolution to all the storylines in the movie? Wow, that ending would've really sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"