The Evil Within

Wolvieboy17

Anthropomorphic Clock
Reaction score
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/19/the-evil-within-debut-trailer-1080p

Oh man.... This actually looks terrifying.

Bethesda has officially announced The Evil Within, the first game from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami’s studio Tango Gameworks. The Evil Within is a survival horror title due to arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next-generation consoles in 2014.

“We’re incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,” said Mikami. “My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.”

IGN will have exclusive first impressions of The Evil Within on Monday, April 22nd at 7:00 a.m. Pacific, so be sure to check back then for our thoughts on an early demo along with a behind-the-scenes look at Tango Gameworks.

Yeah, that looks horrific alright!

Cool trailer I guess, doesn't really say much about the game though.

Cool trailer I guess, doesn't really say much about the game though.

Should give you an idea of the 'look' of the game and some of the things you'll see. Like that creepy ass multi arm, thing. Maybe there'll be a lot of grotesque looking creatures in the game?

Horror's not my favourite genre. Would rather a different studio took this on and Bethesda put all hands on deck for Fallout 4 so they could get it out the way and clear the path for ES VI :woot:

Bethesda isn't making it. This is developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks (not Bethesda Game Studios).

Ok great.

Still I'll be playing this daytime only & with the lights on!

First details

-The game stars a man named Sebastian and his partner, who go to investigate the scene of a mass murder, but where a mysterious force is at work. Sebastian watches as more and more of the police force get killed before his eyes, and is attacked and knocked out. When he comes too, he must fight a world where monsters roam free and death and insanity live side-by-side. He will face unimaginable horrors where he must fight for his own survival. To discover the truth behind the force that lurks here, Sebastian must embark on a journey brimming with horror.

-Uses the ID Tech 5. They say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.

-Game is trying to strike a balance between horror and action, but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.

-The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.

-They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you’ll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions. You also can utilize traps enemies set-up for you on them instead.

-It seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems.

-They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and that you’re being hunted by something mysterious and dark.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/first-details-on-the-evil-within/

Damn. That was tense. I don't know if I'll have the balls to play that but I'll give it a shot. Looks interesting.

Yeah the trailer looked ok....but so did dead island ,that looked great...then turned out to be a generic zombie shooter.
But I hope it's good!

Yeah the trailer looked ok....but so did dead island ,that looked great...then turned out to be a generic zombie shooter.
But I hope it's good!

IDK, Dead Island wasnt really a generic shooter. I mean i didnt like the game, but it was fairly unique to the zombie genre

Yeah it was more of a brawler. But its unique ideas was its downfall

This looks like the game that Capcom will no longer allow Resident Evil to be. Capcom insisted on shifting to GOW/COD type model rather than survival horror. This seems like Resident Evil's creator, making a spiritual successor. Hell, the plot reads just like Resident Evil. Police investigate a remote location (an insane asylum, it would seem). Something happens that separates the player's character from the rest. Officers die one by one as the player tries to survive the horror and find the truth behind what is going on in a place filled with puzzles and traps. It's adding in some psychological twists but for the most part this looks to be Resident Evil's spiritual successor. Hell, I'll take it a step further....it looks like RE's spiritual remake/reboot.

That being said, I'm excited. It looks great.

This looks like the game that Capcom will no longer allow Resident Evil to be. Capcom insisted on shifting to GOW/COD type model rather than survival horror. This seems like Resident Evil's creator, making a spiritual successor. Hell, the plot reads just like Resident Evil. Police investigate a remote location (an insane asylum, it would seem). Something happens that separates the player's character from the rest. Officers die one by one as the player tries to survive the horror and find the truth behind what is going on in a place filled with puzzles and traps. It's adding in some psychological twists but for the most part this looks to be Resident Evil's spiritual successor. Hell, I'll take it a step further....it looks like RE's spiritual remake/reboot.

That being said, I'm excited. It looks great.

Yea for sure. Thats what i hope we actually get. It'll be super interesting to follow this games sales post launch if indeed its a pure survival horror the likes of the orig RE game. This could make or break the horror genre as we know it. If it fails, then survival horror is truly dead in its current form.

Bethesda isn't making it. This is developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks (not Bethesda Game Studios).

There's two Bethesda's? Confusing!

Looks creepy like the old days of Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

I meant to ask before, which games apart from Elder Scrolls & Fallout do Bethesda develop themselves rather than just publish? The other ones I can think of like Rage & Hunted Demon's Forge are just published by them I believe. I'd prefer them to just focus on those 2 unless they can come up with something of the same quality. Otherwise it's just a distraction from what's important lol.

LOL

Thats how i was with Dead Space. I refused to play that game after 5pm
Looks creepy like the old days of Resident Evil and Silent Hill.
One thing I never understood about horror in films or games is whether people actually want to be genuinely terrified. I can understand the fun when you're in a group at the cinema but otherwise I guess I don't quite get the appeal. I certainly don't want to be haunted by the thoughts once I switch off the console or TV although I'm always intrigued enough to watch/play them anyway. No idea how they got so popular.

I loved the early Resident Evil games style horror as I liked the story underneath, the supernatural element to the fantasy, the characters and some (not all) elements of the gameplay. I only played about 30 mins of one of the Silent Hills and thought that was pretty scary even before I encountered anything to be scared about! This though is looking a bit realistic for my tastes but as long as it stays more fantasy based than serial killer style I'm sure I'll want to play it.

But I hope it's good!

IDK, Dead Island wasnt really a generic shooter. I mean i didnt like the game, but it was fairly unique to the zombie genre
Yeah, Dead Island had a great intro sequence also which didn't really affect gameplay plus the Riptide trailer was quite artistic. I can see some people calling it bad but not so much generic. It's quite a unique experience for zombie games, especially in 4 player co-op (with friends not randoms). I don't think I'd have liked it that much in single player and some ****** sections would probably have made me not finish the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"